Managers Draft - R1: harms vs Annahnomoss

With players at 'peaks under the said manager', who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Annahnomoss

Annah went for an original approach here - and I like that. However, some of his "peak under Vanderlei" points are a bit tenuous, I reckon. And the overall quality of these boys simply falls a bit short given the context - which is pretty much an alltime draft with some restrictions. Harms has set up just right - and he's got the players (in their pomp, Platini, not least) to win this one hands-down for me.
Which points in particular? As you probably noticed I couldn't give a shit about the result, but don't think I've exaggerated their abilities under Vanderlei. Would be interesting to discuss.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Which points in particular? As you probably noticed I couldn't give a shit about the result, but don't think I've exaggerated their abilities under Vanderlei. Would be interesting to discuss.
I have to run, mate - don't have the time. Will try to drop by later to leave a comment or two.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
You know that something is wrong when the games that ended yesterday are still the subject of discussion and the ongoing one isn't

Last edited:

VivaJanuzaj

Ze Roberto should have played in the Joga Bonito era. In 2006 he was the best Brazilian player in the World Cup, but Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho had already faded. Absolutely terrific player with immense dribbling for a central midfielder.
]
Man... Ze Roberto had some great pace and crosses.. Why didn't he play a winger? Looks like he's got the perfect skill set to do that.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Man... Ze Roberto had some great pace and crosses.. Why didn't he play a winger? Looks like he's got the perfect skill set to do that.
He often played as a wide midfielder in a diamond for us and drifted wide.In his last 2 years at Bayern, he was a crucial piece in our slightly confusing leftwing set-up. Lahm as leftback would drift inside into midfield, Ze Roberto would go wide and attack down the wing and Ribery would cut inside.

He was also playing left wing at Leverkusen in their 541 set-up in 2002, when they made it to the CL final, which looked like that:

VivaJanuzaj

He often played as a wide midfielder in a diamond for us and drifted wide.In his last 2 years at Bayern, he was a crucial piece in our slightly confusing leftwing set-up. Lahm as leftback would drift inside into midfield, Ze Roberto would go wide and attack down the wing and Ribery would cut inside.

He was also playing left wing at Leverkusen in their 541 set-up in 2002, when they made it to the CL final, which looked like that:

Yeah makes sense, he looks like he's got everything it takes to succeed in that position.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Are del Bosque, Lippi and Ancelotti still in this? They will love the leftovers here. Capello somewhat as well.

Annahnomoss

Annah's team looked so strong during drafting! Hard luck Annah. I at least got to know more on Luxembargo!

Well played harms.
Hehe, that was the idea. To cause confusion and throw in some curveballs for entertainment purposes. There are plenty of other managers who had a similar managerial career in Brazil where they've basically coached a year or two at most at any given club but still been highly regarded.

Annahnomoss

It is the Di Maria conundrum really. If you have a player with that much pace and dribbling skills - and he has the work rate and defensive nous to play as a central midfielder - why not play him there and use the huge advantage it means.

You can either just not play a left winger, while you still have plenty of width from the LCM-dribbler, or you can play an left forward/winger and the LCM can push forward and help the LB/LW to breach the defense. His dribbling raids through the middle are Matthaus WC90 esque and he was a really good player all around - not just dribbling wise.