Manager's Press Conference | Brentford v Manchester United | Ralf Rangnick | Premier League

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Week 1: I love his honesty and straight forward approach, it’s so refreshing!
Now: Why is he being so honest, it’s upsetting the balance of the squad, he really needs to learn how to manage the press.

NewYorkRed

I think he knows too that a fit and firing Pogba, in the system that he likes to play, would be huge for this team. We need a midfielder who can make forward, penetrative passes. Pogba could be the difference for us for the rest of the year before he leaves for whatever club (P$G probably).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think he knows too that a fit and firing Pogba, in the system that he likes to play, would be huge for this team. We need a midfielder who can make forward, penetrative passes. Pogba could be the difference for us for the rest of the year before he leaves for whatever club (P$G probably).
Pogba has been with us for several years and through 2 different managers (he has yet to play for RR).
Sadly, I just don't see Pogba being a game-changer for us.
he is a luxury player, meaning that if the rest of your squad are top grade, add him in and he'll create some wonderful goals. But if you are a team struggling against the likes of Villa or Wolves, he really isn't the guy you want to depend upon.

youmeletsfly

I would go fecking insane if people would ask me these stupid questions, what the feck are these journalists these days?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Oh my god they asked him what type of steak Sam allardyce would prefer.

Shocking.

Dante

Average bang
On the Villa performance
"If I compare our two games, in the cup and in the league, we did a lot better in the league game at Villa Park. The performance in the first 70 minutes was really good, I liked our movements, I liked our game in possession of the ball, the structure of the game, the way that we pressed, even when we had to defend our own box, we did that well. We need to have a similar performance tomorrow against Brentford."

Dante

Average bang
Rangnick on Pogba
"Paul Pogba had his first day of training with the whole group yesterday and in the first training session he showed what an extraordinary player he could be.' Pogba won't be available for selection in either of this week's games, though."

Dante

Average bang
Martial situation
"I've been here for six weeks. All the things that need to be said, I said after the press conference. I had a conversation with him on Sunday, a personal conversation about what happened and how I saw the whole. situation. The matter is now resolved. He didn't train yesterday and before yesterday, he will probably train today and after training g I will then take the decision if he is nominated or not."

Dante

Average bang
Postponements
"I don't know, I can only speak about our club here, we had some problems four weeks ago. Right now we don't have any issues, we have players available, we haven't had any Covid cases. I can't judge other clubs, it's something the Premier League has to deal with."

Dante

Average bang
Pogba return date
"I don't know [Pogba's contract]. I can't answer, I'm not dealing with this. What you could see from the very first day in training yesterday, he's present, he's physically present, he's mentally present, what I saw in training yesterday was very promising for the future and I'm looking very much looking forward to having him available in two weeks time after the international break."

Dante

Average bang
Ronaldo and Rashford fitness?
"Cristiano and Marcus were training yesterday, so I suppose they will also be training today, but at the press conference before the Villa game, I was also convinced that Cristiano would be available and in the end, he wasn't. It was the same with Marcus, so we have to wait for the training session today. Right now, I think both could be available."

Dante

Average bang
Thoughts on Elanga
"Yes, he's a young player, he has enough pace, he has enough focus on the game. From the very first training session, the day before the Crystal Palace game, he just showed me. He was showing up in the training sessions and that was the reason I decided to play him at Villa Park. I think he did well, he showed exactly what I expected him to deliver in that game. He is a very bright boy, he's doing the things, he listens to what he should do and he's trying to put all the effort into his performances. I was pleased with his performance in the 75 minutes he played."

Dante

Average bang
Do you have to build the team around Ronaldo?
"One does not exclude the other, of course. What he has done in his career so far is amazing. 800 goals in competitive games, no one has achieved that before in the last 80 or 100 years and this shows what kind of player he is - what kind of exceptional player he is. He was not available in the last two games, he trained yesterday and will probably train today again and then we will have to see whether he's an option for Brenford. Even with an outstanding Ronaldo, we are talking about a team sport in one of the most competitive leagues in the world - if not the most competitive - and he can't do things on his own. We can only improve and get better as a team and he's one important member of the team."

Oranges038

Yeah, he needs get Pogba and Martial out there.

What he needs is to get these extremely hard working ultimate team players back on the pitch.

NewYorkRed

Yeah, he needs get Pogba and Martial out there.

What he needs is to get these extremely hard working ultimate team players back on the pitch.
Not sure why you’re bringing Tony into this.

Pogba is not hardworking, but he was on fire at the start of this season, do you remember that? Its obvious that we’re missing someone like him. If RR can get him firing, whats the point of not counting on a player we’re paying a shit load of money to? Should we just bench him because of past performances/because he’s leaving?

We use him while he’s here and try to get the best out of him. End of.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Pogba is not hardworking, but he was on fire at the start of this season, do you remember that? Its obvious that we’re missing someone like him. If RR can get him firing, whats the point of not counting on a player we’re paying a shit load of money to? Should we just bench him because of past performances/because he’s leaving?

Wasn't that for a total of 2 games? Correct me if I am wrong.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Weren’t there stats that showed that Pogba was among the higher tier in tackles and distance covered?

rooney2009

What will the excuse for not winning this match be this time
Pogba\Martial refusing to play
Lingard doing a runner
Players on Afcon

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’ve been down on him and think he’s not worth the money but I think if we play a 3 and ask Pogba to press as much as he can, out of his comfort zone even. He could make a huge difference to us for the rest of the season. The problem with Pogba and the rest of our players is if they aren’t instructed they’ll revert to type. Pogbas standard game is overly languid. I think if we actually have a system that demands it we might actually see some really solid improvement from him if he manages to stay fit. At the end of the day he’s still one of our best players.

Teja

Week 1: I love his honesty and straight forward approach, it’s so refreshing!
Now: Why is he being so honest, it’s upsetting the balance of the squad, he really needs to learn how to manage the press.
I was in the oh god he's going to be the toxic one mk ii group when he first came in but I think our squad needs some tough love. Ole shouldered the blame for far too long, I think it's time to throw them under the bus a bit and have them deal with the consequences of their shit performances.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I was in the oh god he's going to be the toxic one mk ii group when he first came in but I think our squad needs some tough love. Ole shouldered the blame for far too long, I think it's time to throw them under the bus a bit and have them deal with the consequences of their shit performances.
100%

At the end of the day they made Ole look like a fool for backing them and making their lives easier. Time to try a new approach.

Oranges038

Because they are both lazy cnuts and have no interest in being at the club.

He was on fire? He played well for 2 games max.

Haven't missed him one bit.

We are onto the third manager now who might get him going if he finds the right system etc etc. Jose and Ole both failed to get him firing regardless of position. What makes you think RR will be any different? Pogba will do what he has always done and that is to play how he feels like playing at any given time, not how he is needed or expected to play. He cannot be counted on, we've seen that countless times.

Why should players who don't perform as required or want to be at the club get anywhere near the pitch?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Good presser. Liked he put the Martial situation to bed and pleased there are no injuries.

I agree with him that the performances are improving, albeit mildly.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Because they are both lazy cnuts and have no interest in being at the club.

He was on fire? He played well for 2 games max.

Haven't missed him one bit.

We are onto the third manager now who might get him going if he finds the right system etc etc. Jose and Ole both failed to get him firing regardless of position. What makes you think RR will be any different? Pogba will do what he has always done and that is to play how he feels like playing at any given time, not how he is needed or expected to play. He cannot be counted on, we've seen that countless times.

Why should players who don't perform as required or want to be at the club get anywhere near the pitch?
Come on, do you actually like any of our players, at all? Even De Gea, who has carried the team at times, you can't stand.

cabbs1989

This international break is utterly ridiculous, just play some of the postponed games that weekend surely? I know the other leagues are not playing to although the championship Is, it’s just stupid considering everything

Oranges038

Come on, do you actually like any of our players, at all? Even De Gea, who has carried the team at times, you can't stand.
I like the club.

Do I have to like all the players? No.

I like some of them.

I think DDG is an extremely limited keeper and one who despite making a few good saves actually has a negative impact on the team as a whole.

Should I like players that don't do a whole pile but act like somehow gracing the club with their presence is enough? I don't think so.

Do I think players like Pogba and Martial deserve to play for the club based on their performances and commitment to the club? Absolutely not.

RedDevil@84

I doubt it. I don't know how people would watch our games while disliking pretty much everyone.