Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Devil You Know

1923: "White Horse Final"
    2023: "Weghorst Final"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1923_FA_Cup_final
    The pre-match overcrowding prompted discussion in the House of Commons and led to the introduction of safety measures for future finals. The match is often referred to as the "White Horse Final" and is commemorated by the White Horse Bridge at the new Wembley Stadium.
    Time for him to become a legend on the centenary.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
    It’s all going to come down to Uniteds defending. The longer the game goes on without a goal then who knows. There’s been some odd results in cup finals down the years. It’s one game, anything can happen. City are favourites for sure. I just hope it’s not over in the first half.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
    I am thinking that Fred might get the nod over Eriksen now.

Legs and work over control of the ball. Look for sharp and quick incisive counter attacks, Rashford, Antony (if fit to start) and Sancho as a front three with Garnacho to come from the bench.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...heir-tactics-to-beat-man-city-in-fa-cup-final

But Manchester United have got to give City something different to think about. If they go with Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho on the wings, that won't cause them any problems.

I'd play Sancho as a false nine. He's someone who can play in the middle, pick up the ball, turn and run. It also stops John Stones from coming into midfield.

If City do push Stones into there to pick up Sancho then Rashford and whoever is on the other wing can be making inside runs on the City defence - and that will cause them problems.

I'd also definitely play Rashford on the right rather than on the left up against Kyle Walker, who is City's best defender. He won't be as effective cutting inside from the right but you've got to change it up.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
    Barca 2011 vibes. Everyone knows there's likely no chance but there's a bit of a "well maybe if they use this formation and play in this way they could do it". I hope the outcome isn't the same :nervous:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Can't remember the last time I was this nervous the day before a game. Probably the 2011 Champions League final. It has that same feeling of being huge underdogs.

NLunited

We will have a good plan going into the game. If City turns out too good on the day, so be it. But I‘m not worried.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    How annoying match and F1 qualifying at the same time.
    Q3 during half time.
    Gonna record the F1 and watch it later, but if things go belly up in the game, at least there's something else to watch to take my mind off it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...heir-tactics-to-beat-man-city-in-fa-cup-final

But Manchester United have got to give City something different to think about. If they go with Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho on the wings, that won't cause them any problems.

I'd play Sancho as a false nine. He's someone who can play in the middle, pick up the ball, turn and run. It also stops John Stones from coming into midfield.

If City do push Stones into there to pick up Sancho then Rashford and whoever is on the other wing can be making inside runs on the City defence - and that will cause them problems.

I'd also definitely play Rashford on the right rather than on the left up against Kyle Walker, who is City's best defender. He won't be as effective cutting inside from the right but you've got to change it up.
    Surely it's better to put Rashford up top than Sancho at false 9? Don't know who comes up with these kind of theories.

Ludens the Red

So weird, just have zero belief we can actually win this game. Never ever experienced this as a United fan. Just think it’ll be too much for the players. They’re not quite mentally ready to win games like this but avoiding a hiding is really important. City won’t ease off like Barcelona did in 2011, they’ll want to embarrass us.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    I'm fecking dreading it, to be honest. Don't think I've been this nervous for a final since the 2008 Champions League one. I just want to fast-forward to the full-time whistle. There's too much on this game for my nerves!

pauldyson1uk

So weird, just have zero belief we can actually win this game. Never ever experienced this as a United fan. Just think it’ll be too much for the players. They’re not quite mentally ready to win games like this but avoiding a hiding is really important. City won’t ease off like Barcelona did in 2011, they’ll want to embarrass us.
    I thought we played well in the last couple of games, I think we have a chance.
    Finals and Derby's have a habit of going against form.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    No idea how as a Utd fan you can be this negative.

Red Royal

I'm fecking dreading it, to be honest. Don't think I've been this nervous for a final since the 2008 Champions League one. I just want to fast-forward to the full-time whistle. There's too much on this game for my nerves!
    I am actually beyond nerves now. We are heavy underdogs so losing will not be that much of a surprise. However a win will be amazing!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    I am actually beyond nerves now. We are heavy underdogs so losing will not be that much of a surprise. However a win will be amazing!
    Definitely wouldn't be a surprise, but it would be gut-wrenching. Just being a "normal" final would be bad enough, but with everything riding on it makes it 100x worse. If the lads can't muster every morsel of energy for this, then they never will.

We have beaten the feckers this season.

Ludens the Red

Playing well at old Trafford, although we were suspect against Chelsea. if it was at old Trafford I’d fancy us of course but it isn’t…

No idea how as a Utd fan you can be this negative.
    It’s not negative it’s more pessimistic and realistic. They’re a far superior team and we seem to shit the bed in these fixtures away from
    Old Trafford. It’s not our fault as United fans that these players lost 7-0 and 6-3 to Liverpool and Man City and have shown they cannot cope with the mental demands of these kind of games.

Darkhorsez

Just hope we do not get overwhelmed at the start. Keep is tight at the back must be the first priority. Agree anything can happen. Here’s hoping!

Brightonian

It's not impossible. Let's not forget we won the last encounter, and justifiably - 4 shots on target to their 1, 8 shots to their 5. Similar line-ups to what we'd expect to see in this game, too.

That's the kind of game we need to create. Tight, professional, competitive. We don't lose our heads if they score. We take our chances.

Of course they're big favourites. But it's not impossible.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
    Supports
    ETH's tricky reds

Ten Hag says Antony is unlikely to be fit for the FA Cup final: "Dos Santos still has a chance but it’s a really small chance - he didn’t make the progress, so he still has a chance but unlikely he is available."

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Ten Hag says Antony is unlikely to be fit for the FA Cup final: "Dos Santos still has a chance but it’s a really small chance - he didn’t make the progress, so he still has a chance but unlikely he is available."
    Has to be Bruno on the right and Garnacho on the left then. I don't think Sancho can be trusted in a game where we're going to have 30% possession.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    Dave

AWB
    Varane
    Lindelof
    Shaw

Cas
    Fred

Sancho
    Bruno
    Garnacho

Rashford

Keep compact, withstand the inevitable early barrage and counter the feck out of them. Have to be clinical in front of goal - which is an issue for us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 233 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw