Manchester Senior Cup Final

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Not wanting to be too critical but I wouldn't rate him in our top5 players at reserve level this season. He's been average.
He's got great talent, but I've never been completely sold on him for some reason (and that's not trying to be bitchy because he might be leaving).

I don't think his positional sense is anywhere near good enough yet and he seems content to be on the periphery & stroll through games at times. I'm not saying he won't be a good player, but I've never understood why so many on here were so enamoured with him.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt as he's returning from a layoff and hasn't played in a while, does have a tendency to drift in and out of games far too often though.
One of my largest gripes with him, I use this as an example all the time but at the FAYC game against West Ham that was straight away noticeable. He was better then most on the pitch but weren't showing it, letting the game bypass him.

I give him the benefit of the doubt though, when he is on he is ON

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's got great talent, but I've never been completely sold on him for some reason (and that's not trying to be bitchy because he might be leaving).

I don't think his positional sense is anywhere near good enough yet and he seems content to be on the periphery & stroll through games at times. I'm not saying he won't be a good player, but I've never understood why so many on here were so enamoured with him.
To be fair mate, looks like Fergie rates him the most aswell who thinks he's gonna first team regular next season.

TheBest

SPNTBP
I am sure some fan will go to pogba and tell him to sign the contract

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
One of my largest gripes with him, I use this as an example all the time but at the FAYC game against West Ham that was straight away noticeable. He was better then most on the pitch but weren't showing it, letting the game bypass him.

I give him the benefit of the doubt though, when he is on he is ON
As I said he's like a Midfield version of Berbatov, he just seems so lazy at times.

Dion

United Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime started it then Cit supporters joined in... full on mongtastic spaz out all round.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Don't get all the Pogba criticism, he's clearly quality.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
To be fair mate, looks like Fergie rates him the most aswell who thinks he's gonna first team regular next season.
That might've been a ploy on Ferguson's part to give Pogba an incentive to sign the deal. Not saying he doesn't think Pogba's talented, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd love to see Pogba progress and make it into the first team, but compare his development to the other lads who came up from the U-18s last year: the Keane twins, Lingard, Cole, Sam Johnstone..they've all shown a marked improvement from last season. I don't think Pogba has.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Great win lads, especially against a physically stronger city side. Thats an advantage that they will lose over the next couple of years.

Great to see Adnan Januzaj out celebrating with the team. Only just turned 17 and hopefully he will be involved in this level next year as he is a major talent.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Just got back from the game.

Although City had a lot of possession they were poor overall, our keeper was not worked at all. Will Keane was definitely our best player and contrary to the opinions that I have read on the thread so far I thought that Pogba had a decent game too, at times he was strong and tidy in a congested midfield.

The City left back was their best player, had Brady in his pocket for most of the game, he got at our right back time and time again too, that said, his crossing was poor at the crucial times. He looked about 35 years old.

There were lots of young hooligans there supporting both sides but they created a good atmosphere. The pitch invasion did not surprise me and neither would a bit of violence tonight.

Ringo 07

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-An...chester-senior-cup-final-report.aspx?pageNo=2
Reserves win Senior Cup

Will Keane and Luke Giverin earned United's Reserves a deserved 2-0 victory in the Manchester Senior Cup final to wrap up a successful season for Warren Joyce's side.

United kept a fifth clean sheet in succession and lifted a second trophy in a matter of weeks after winning the national prize by defeating Aston Villa on penalties last week.

The Reds were the better side in the first half with Robbie Brady prominent in terms of efforts on goal. The Republic of Ireland youngster fired wide after a neat move culminating in a Will Keane pass and miscued a driven cross by Davide Petrucci. After Denis Suarez’s attempt for City cleared the bar, Brady’s free-kick forced a sprawling save out of Eirik Johansen and the former Hull City loanee then lifted a shot over the top.

So it was no surprise when United broke through on 27 minutes. Petrucci’s through ball released Will Keane and Johansen was unable to keep out the top scorer’s shot, with the ball squirting under his dive and into the net.

Gai Assulin caused a rare moment of discomfort when he tricked his way past Marnick Vermijl but the ball deflected off Michael Keane to Ben Amos. Most of the action was at the other end with Jesse Lingard flashing a volley wide following some majestic play by the excellent Petrucci. Lingard was then frustrated at what looked to be a harsh flag for offside when he would have been clear on goal.

The Barclays Premier Reserves League champions were quick out of the blocks in the second half with Lingard volleying just wide after Petrucci spotted a bold run forward by Vermijl. Another move of real quality should have doubled the lead but Paul Pogba could only find Johansen's legs with his finish following impressive work by Will Keane. Another exquisite build-up led to Ezekiel Fryers crossing for Will Keane to head off target.

But United were unable to get the second goal some enterprising play merited and, instead, City started to enjoy more possession. Amos was still largely untroubled as he comfortably fielded a free-kick by Denis Suarez after Fryers was harshly booked for a foul.

Amos fisted away one cross from the lively Jeremy Helan and Michael Keane managed to stand firm on a couple of occasions, once getting a crucial touch with substitute Jordi Hiwula threatening but Will Keane, ploughing a lone furrow in attack, kept the City defenders on their toes.

And the striker managed to get his pass away to late sub Giverin in stoppage time, with the youngster running through and clipping his finish inside the far post just as he was being closed down by the defenders in hot pursuit. It was a fitting end to a fabulous campaign for United's second string, who have been a joy to watch all season. Even a pitch invasion failed to take any gloss off the occasion.

United: Amos; Vermijl (Giverin 89), Keane, Wootton, Fryers; Brady (Fornasier 82), Tunnicliffe, Pogba, Petrucci (Thorpe 70), Lingard; W.Keane. Sub not used: Johnstone.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Just got back from the game.

Although City had a lot of possession they were poor overall, our keeper was not worked at all. Will Keane was definitely our best player and contrary to the opinions that I have read on the thread so far I thought that Pogba had a decent game too, at times he was strong and tidy in a congested midfield.

The City left back was their best player, had Brady in his pocket for most of the game, he got at our right back time and time again too, that said, his crossing was poor at the crucial times. He looked about 35 years old.

There were lots of young hooligans there supporting both sides but they created a good atmosphere. The pitch invasion did not surprise me and neither would a bit of violence tonight.
Agree with this.

This was a moment in the first half where City were pressing just after we scored. He was exchanging short passes with Tunnicliffe I think and after a pass he made a run one of the City players ran with him thus alleviating the pressure on Tunnicliffe who was then able to pass it forward.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Agree with this.

This was a moment in the first half where City were pressing just after we scored. He was exchanging short passes with Tunnicliffe I think and after a pass he made a run one of the City players ran with him thus alleviating the pressure on Tunnicliffe who was then able to pass it forward.
It would be nice if he signed a new contract.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Yeah, i thought pogba did ok.

Also agree Will Keane was excellent. Some decent defensive peformances too. Especially from his bro.

Brady and Tunnicliffe need to wise up though. We probably should have finished with 9 men.
That was Pogba's first game back from injury too.

Tunnicliffe is looking more Lee Catermole than Roy Keane at the moment. The challenge on Wabara in the first half looked horrific live. They do tend to get off with more in the reserves though.

IanDangerously

Wish I'd gone tonight, I'd have loved being in the middle of that invasion! My mates went and ran around city's pitch but Im feeling ill so didnt bother going the game. Looked great on MUTV!