Manchester United 21/22 Season Expectations

meamth

All about signings, not once I've seen here someone suggesting if the players will improve or fulfill their potential.

I think next season, Greenwood will be stronger, Martial improves his form (Not going to lie, I'm a bit skeptical), McFred grows stronger as a pair, Cavani playing on consistent basis.

Apart from that, we're lacking some wonderkids now in this team. Only player I'm looking forward to excite us is Diallo..other than that not so much.

Lux Thunder

These are some expectations I would like to see in next season:

• Improve set-pieces
  • Improve home record
  • Improve first 11 in market
  • 80+ league campaign
  • Define De Gea and Pogba situations
  • Define youngsters development
  • Progress from CL Group stage
  • Cup final

If we manage to do most we stay on our course of progress. We are not far from it, we should really do a good job this summer because Chelsea and/or Liverpool will have better campaigns than this year IMO and Leicester is also a very good side.

Nickelodeon

Finishing 2nd when I and many more thought it would be a struggle to finish 4th is not a disappointment of a season. Winning a trophy next Wednesday would be a nice bonus and finish to the season.

Biggest disappointment of the season was the CL group exit but even Ferguson had a few CL group exits and you live and learn from them. Domestic cup exits was to the eventually winners. United simply don't have the strength in depth to be fighting on all fronts.

As for 2021/22 season expectations, I'll get back to that after the transfer window closes, its agurably Uniteds most important transfer window is decades with an opportunity to break through the glass ceiling if done right.
Under Fergie, we were eliminated in CL group stages in 2005/06 and 2011/12, both times we won the league the next season. Good omens?

francobaresi

We'll be battling it out with the likes of West Ham and Leicester for fourth, some distance behind City, Chelsea and Liverpool

stampedingviking

Now it's done and dusted. We achieved 2nd with underwhelming cup runs:
  • FA cup Quarter final lost to Leicester.
  • League cup semifinal lost to Manchester City.
  • Champions league group stage 3rd place.
  • Pending Europa league final
Overall it has been a disappointing season for not being able to get into the knockout rounds of Champions league.​
Other than that, such disappointing semi finals, and failures to capitalize on the title race is just something we need to improve upon next season.​
What is Caf residents minimum expectations for Man United next season?​
How can it have been a disappointing season when we've improved our league position and have EL final despiute basically having the same players as last season?

If anything, Ole and the coaches deserve praise for what they've achieved.

Next season, all depends on whether Ole is properly backed. Minimum of LW/DM/CB first-teamers required, otherwise we'll struggle for top 3 imo.

Hester_manc

With the current squad I expect a ranking as No. 3 or 4th in the league. Maybe a final in one of the 2 English cups.

To be able to expect a season where United are in the championship game, we have to buy well and extend with Pogba. Here are some realistic transfers that could strengthen us:
- Griezmann
- Kane
- Varane

Andersons Dietician

I totally understand what you mean by this but it does seem odd that many of ours fans would prefer to go out of the CL in say the last 16 rather than be in the final of the Europa.

Personally I never thought we were serious contenders for the CL prize so dropping down to the Europa didn't bother me as much as it did others.
So would you rather win the European version of the carling cup or see your team compete against the best teams in Europe and hope for a bit of magic. Personally I’d much rather be in the final 16 than winning Europa tin cup.

As always I’d like us to compete for everything available but realistically a sustained title challenge which is closer. final 16 of the champions league or further. Just progress would be better and better developments on the pitch.

xtal191

80+ points
Quarters Champions League minimum
Decent FA Cup run
League Cup, don't care
Never wanna be in the Europa again
Don't want to keep seeing us go behind before we start playing
Be nice to play well in the first half of matches consistently

This could all change come August depending on signings etc

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So would you rather win the European version of the carling cup or see your team compete against the best teams in Europe and hope for a bit of magic. Personally I’d much rather be in the final 16 than winning Europa tin cup.

As always I’d like us to compete for everything available but realistically a sustained title challenge which is closer. final 16 of the champions league or further. Just progress would be better and better developments on the pitch.
I'd rather be in the final of the Europa League than knocked out of last 16 of CL. Any sensible fan would be.

However if I genuinely thought we could win it then I'd prefer to be in the CL. We were never winning the CL this season with likes of Lindelof, Fred, Mctomminay and AWB in the team.

OmarUnited4ever

My expectations are: (Assuming Ole is backed fully in the summer )

• challenge for the league all the way till the end (36 weeks at least)
  • reach QF stage in CL (Qualify from group stage & round of 16)
  • reach SF stage in FA Cup

By Jan 2022, the team must be in the hunt for the league, in knockout stages of CL, failing that should be a reason to fire Ole, in March 2022, the same for the league and should be in QF CL and SF FA cup, failing that should be a reason to fire

Ole has has now managed the team for 2 full seasons and has shown excellent progress and the rebuild is going well , so in Ole's 3rd season the targets must be set higher, that is the only way to go back to being a top team.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
80 points. Just don't care what that gets us. If it's a title, awesome. If it's top 4, perfect.

Win the Europa and we will be in pot 1. So definitely should qualify the group stage. QF is a must.

One of the cups preferably.

Bwuk

If we aren’t challenging for the league then it’s not good enough.

Reddevildans

All depends on the transfer window doesn't it. If things stay the same without any signings while others strengthen probably 4th around 15 points off first.

VivaRonaldo85

3rd last season, 2nd this season with 8 more points, and the same improvement next season gets us challenging to win the league. Much more improvement on set pieces in both boxes and better balance in the forward line and we absolutely should be thinking about the title next season.

Andersons Dietician

I'd rather be in the final of the Europa League than knocked out of last 16 of CL. Any sensible fan would be.

However if I genuinely thought we could win it then I'd prefer to be in the CL. We were never winning the CL this season with likes of Lindelof, Fred, Mctomminay and AWB in the team.
I’ll never wrap my head around this kind of thinking. Especially when I've seen you say before it’s because you don’t think we can win the champions league. I mean, what’s the point of even supporting a team if you don’t believe something magic could happen.

Kag

The team in its current guise is not good enough to challenge for the title. Provided we invest heavily in at least three areas of the first team then I would like to see a proper fight for it. If we don’t then it’s a fight to be the best of the rest.

I also expect us to stop conceding ridiculous goals from corners.

Give Ole money to seriously improve the team and we could win the league next season.

If Ole isn't given the required funds we will inevitably fall further behind City, and be overtaken by Chelsea and Liverpool (who will all spend this summer).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think it's gonna be a top 4 race again next season. City would have to have a poor season for us to challenge. I'd also expect Liverpool and Chelsea to be alot stronger.

City will end up winning the league whilst we'll be championing how our players have so much G/A's.

A-man

We have shown we have the level to beat European top teams like City and PSG with exactly those players. In a cup, anything can happen. Look at Chelsea who are a weaker team than us in the league and now are in the CL final.