Manchester United are close to signing 19-year-old Oliveirense attacker Bruno Amorim.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Notícias ao Minuto, via Agência Lusa, has just released a story in which the Portuguese club’s communications director António José Leite confirms the transfer is on the verge of being done.

The player is expected to join Manchester United’s U23 squad initially. For Oliveirense, he only played four professional matches, all in the Portuguese second division.

Speaking to Agência Lusa, António José Leite said:

“He had been promoted to the main squad but the scouting was already alert and decided to take him there. At this time the business is 90% done and he may have an excellent contract ahead. The contract will shortly be announced, but he is a future bet at United.”

Leite was also asked how much money the Portuguese club will get: “We’ll receive training rights, because he’s always been trained here, although in monetary terms it may not be more than that because there may be other exchanges. These details are not yet defined. But the training rights and future sales of the player are guaranteed gains.”

This is a clear result of Manchester United’s scouting in Portugal, which has been much more intense since the arrival of José Mourinho at the club.

As we pointed out in a story on Thursday, Manchester United haven’t only been watching big clubs such as Benfica, Porto and Sporting. The club constantly send scouts to minor games, probably trying to get the local talents before the big Portuguese sides take them and slap huge buyout clauses in contracts.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-director-says-players-transfer-man-united-90-done-announcement-soon/

Attacker from the wings?
I know,i know i am just kidding. Looks like we will be signing a complete unknown. Lets see if this materializes. Anyone know anything about him. Someone tag the portugese supporters and ask?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Apparently has also had some tests done. Now the updated info is he is 50% certain to sign. He has visited manchester already.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Highly rated prospect from Portugal, his name is Oliveirense.
Never heard of this guy. He has just 4 games for Bruno Amorim. I hope he knows how to cross

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Finally the elusive wide player we've been screaming out for.

We're gonna walk the league lads :drool:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You tell us.
Sry mate. I usually help out with portuguese football but i know nothing about this player. When i finish work i'll check some portuguese sites

WelshManc

Looks like he's got a bogey in the picture, someone could of told him.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Good lad Sly, really happy to hear you consider him to be Ronaldo's successor.
He's the real deal. Will get more playing time than Martial

Flytan

"WHY DON'T MAN UNITED BUY PLAYERS LIKE DEMBELE BEFORE THEY GO TO BIG CLUBS!!!"

*interested in unknown commodity*

"Who the feck is this guy? Do not want"

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I did some browsing and found out that last year, Depor, Sampdoria and Udinese were scouting him. Rest is just reports about him playing games for Oliveirense main team when he was in the U19 squad.
This is clearly United's answer to Neymar's signing.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
He's a very old looking 19.

New Ronaldo, or new Bebe? Time will tell I guess.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Is he an immediate first team singing then?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Is he 6ft tall? Else I can't see us signing him