Manchester United Classic kits?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
So just found a United jersey from the 2000/2001 season made by Umbro and compared it to photos from that season and it looks like it to the T. It does however say on the wash instruction tag “Made in China” and now I’m skeptical.

Can anyone here confirm if this is in fact real or is it a fake?

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2000-02-manchester-united-home-shirt-good-m-530221.html

It is this exact one literally the same one though I paid 3$ for it at the thrift so it would not be a big loss.

I like to collect jerseys so was hoping I picked up a diamond in the rough :lol:

85% of me thinks it’s fake albeit a pretty dam good one! Would really appreciate the help!

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
PM me for my address, when you receive it send it to me for scientific testing.

SportingCP96

Supports
PM me for my address, when you receive it send it to me for scientific testing.
:lol::lol: I got it from the thrift store ahah

Im taking you can’t tell if it’s legit or not?

jymufc20

:lol: sorry i was in the middle of something when reading your post, i thought you was buying off that site. If it's identical to that picture i would say there is a good chance it is real.

Can you not post a picture of the actual shirt you have ?

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol: sorry i was in the middle of something when reading your post, i thought you was buying off that site. If it's identical to that picture i would say there is a good chance it is real.

Can you not post a picture of the actual shirt you have ?
Ya it looks exactly like the one i posted above literally exact one.

On the washing instruction it says made in China and that’s what through me off and made me question it. The United badge and umbro badge are both stitched.

I would love to show a picture but I don’t know how to post it from my phone :nervous::houllier:

jymufc20

As for the made in china tag, they may well of been made in china back then, they seem to be made in a different country every year nowadays.

jymufc20

Also what is the thrift ? Can you give a uk equivalent ? Is it like a supermarket or a charity shop or something :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Also what is the thrift ? Can you give a uk equivalent ? Is it like a supermarket or a charity shop or something :lol:
The UK equivalent is a thrift shop. There's literally one called Thrift Shop in Manchester.
Like charity shops but without the charity, although I think they'll still fall under thrift.

SportingCP96

Supports
Ya charity shop seems like a good equivalent. It’s pretty much used clothing that people give away or that stores don’t sell and they give it to thrift shops.

Lots of times people get rid of a lot of really good things not knowing the value of them.

This week alone I got 2 authentic arsenal kits one from 09/10 and a yellow away one (forgot the year but it is recent) as well as 2 United kits one from 11/12 and one from 12/13. All authentic patches and stitching etc.

This United one though is from so many seasons ago that I cant tell if it’s real. If it is fake it looks near identical to the exact one. Can’t tell though!

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 CFS is a legit shop.

It's also not uncommon for shirts to be made in different locations. This years were made in both Cambodia and Thailand.
Thanks for the reply!

Well like I said the jersey I picked up is literally the exact one to that one in the link! If anyone knows how to add pictures on here I will gladly send pictures just to be sure!

The United badge and Umbro badge are both stitched and the overall shirt feels like good Quality.

Ugh would be so awesome if it was in fact legit, would be a major coup for such a low price!

Chipper

Adulterer.
I've actually got one of those in the back of the wardrobe. Dug it out for you and took a pic.

SportingCP96

Supports
I've actually got one of those in the back of the wardrobe. Dug it out for you and took a pic.

Just checked my tag and it says the exact same thing that is on that tag! So it is real then?

Thanks man! How did you upload the picture on here?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just checked my tag and it says the exact same thing that is on that tag! So it is real then?

Thanks man! How did you upload the picture on here?
Well mine's real so unless they faked the washing instructions too I think yours would be as well.

I put the picture on www.imgur.com and then linked it from there.

There's probably a way to do it all on phone, but what I did was saved the picture from my phone to my Google Photos account. Then I jumped on a laptop, logged into google photos on that, saved the pic to the laptop hard drive then uploaded it from there to imgur.

SportingCP96

Supports
Well mine's real so unless they faked the washing instructions too I think yours would be as well.

I put the picture on www.imgur.com and then linked it from there.

There's probably a way to do it all on phone, but what I did was saved the picture from my phone to my Google Photos account. Then I jumped on a laptop, logged into google photos on that, saved the pic to the laptop hard drive then uploaded it from there to imgur.
Thats awesome! It has to be real then it says and has everything! Very excited now!

I am going to try to upload the picture when I get a chance!

Do you remember where you bought yours?

jymufc20

Thats awesome! It has to be real then it says and has everything! Very excited now!

I am going to try to upload the picture when I get a chance!

Do you remember where you bought yours?
Glad to know you found out it was real.

What condition is it in ? And any idea what it is really worth ?

SportingCP96

Supports
Glad to know you found out it was real.

What condition is it in ? And any idea what it is really worth ?
It is in pretty good condition I would say. 8/10 you can tell from the tag on the inside of the shirt that it is old but on the outside none of the stitching is coming loose and no holes and no stains. Like I said I will attempt to upload it a soon as I am done eating and before work:lol:

So I payed 3$ for it and on the website I posted above in good condition he is selling it for 40 Pounds. On eBay I have seen them going anywhere from 30-40$ so if it was to sell it I can make a pretty good profit on it. Though my intentions right now is to keep it in my collection since older jerseys that are harder to find hold more value (iMO).

jymufc20

It is in pretty good condition I would say. 8/10 you can tell from the tag on the inside of the shirt that it is old but on the outside none of the stitching is coming loose and no holes and no stains. Like I said I will attempt to upload it a soon as I am done eating and before work:lol:

So I payed 3$ for it and on the website I posted above in good condition he is selling it for 40 Pounds. On eBay I have seen them going anywhere from 30-40$ so if it was to sell it I can make a pretty good profit on it. Though my intentions right now is to keep it in my collection since older jerseys that are harder to find hold more value (iMO).
Good find pal.

SportingCP96

Supports
Hopefully these help!

Chipper

Adulterer.
Better condition than mine! All the red washed out of my washing label, plus the sizing and Umbro badge in the neck isworn out. While I had it out I noticed a little hole too next to the 'f' in vodafone.

Only slight difference I'm seeing is the numbers under Made in China. I'm guessing that's just some sort of batch number thing.

SportingCP96

Supports
Better condition than mine! All the red washed out of my washing label, plus the sizing and Umbro badge in the neck isworn out. While I had it out I noticed a little hole too next to the 'f' in vodafone.

Only slight difference I'm seeing is the numbers under Made in China. I'm guessing that's just some sort of batch number thing.
Well the number under the made in China part I saw are different for each one when I was looking online. So like you said it might be a batch number thing.

Well thanks to your guys is insight I am convinced it’s real now:D

How long have you had yours? And where did you buy it? (If you remember).

Chipper

Adulterer.
Well the number under the made in China part I saw are different for each one when I was looking online. So like you said it might be a batch number thing.

Well thanks to your guys is insight I am convinced it’s real now:D

How long have you had yours? And where did you buy it? (If you remember).
Had mine since it came out so 2000! I did get some shirts from the offical United shop over the years as I live in Manchester, but more likely it would have been from a large chain sports shop. Somewhere like JD Sports.

SportingCP96

Supports
Had mine since it came out so 2000! I did get some shirts from the offical United shop over the years as I live in Manchester, but more likely it would have been from a large chain sports shop. Somewhere like JD Sports.
That’s awesome man! Straight vintage kit that! I would love to get one of the classic ones sponsored by Sharp. That would be the holy grail :D

It was hidden behind a few shirts and I had just noticed the United Badge on it and fan girled when I saw it was a kit from the early 2000s. For sure will keep this one.

Got a pretty decent collection so far granted most of it is Sporting/Portugal Jerseys :lol:

Green_Red

So just found a United jersey from the 2000/2001 season made by Umbro and compared it to photos from that season and it looks like it to the T. It does however say on the wash instruction tag “Made in China” and now I’m skeptical.

Can anyone here confirm if this is in fact real or is it a fake?

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2000-02-manchester-united-home-shirt-good-m-530221.html

It is this exact one literally the same one though I paid 3$ for it at the thrift so it would not be a big loss.

I like to collect jerseys so was hoping I picked up a diamond in the rough :lol:

85% of me thinks it’s fake albeit a pretty dam good one! Would really appreciate the help!
Ive bought a few off there. Theyre legit. Unlike the crap you get off palmpond.com

SportingCP96

Supports
Ive bought a few off there. Theyre legit. Unlike the crap you get off palmpond.com
I didn’t get it off of there but it is the same jersey. I posted pictures just a few post above. I got it from a thrift store.

Good to know though mate because they had some great Jerseys on there that I might look to get in the future!

SportingCP96

Supports
That shirt is 100% legit. Back then, it was pretty obvious to tell a fake - the knock off's were no way as good as they are today. Good find!
Thanks man! Stoked to know that it is in fact legit. I appreciate all of your guys is help! To think I almost decided to leave it there :lol::nono::nervous:

mykelawrence

Thanks man! Stoked to know that it is in fact legit. I appreciate all of your guys is help! To think I almost decided to leave it there :lol::nono::nervous:

Even if I already have the shirt, if I find a United one in the wild I have to buy it. Unfortunately, the closest thing I get to a 'classic' over here is finding a shirt from 2016 at TJ Maxx or Ross

SportingCP96

Supports
Even if I already have the shirt, if I find a United one in the wild I have to buy it. Unfortunately, the closest thing I get to a 'classic' over here is finding a shirt from 2016 at TJ Maxx or Ross
I actually got mine from MyUnique. It was hidden behind a few random shirts and only priced at 3$! It was worth the gamble for that money and luckily it payed off.

I came across 2 home jerseys from the 11/12 season and the 12/13 season last week and payed about 30$ for both but they were in mint condition and well worth it.