Manchester United F.C. vs. Fulham F.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Had that feeling during added time so not surprised we conceded again

Will Absolute

Fulham have looked so hopeless for weeks now, for United to labour to a point against them shows the major problems. Even if United would have won in the end it would have been papering over the cracks. Cannot see them getting 4th at all.
:smirk:

4th was packed and ready to go. We've just said our final farewell.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
This game was most certainly not lost in the 94th minute with Vidic's stupid header, it was already lost in the previous one and half hours of crossing insanity and our inability to bloody score five or more goals against those feckers. Look at our players! Against Fulham! I'm beginning to resent Moyes.

Gannicus

Even when Beckham and Giggs were at the peak of their powers they never sent in gobs and gobs of crosses like what we saw today.

Keenst

what did he say?
He just mentioned that all we seemed to want to do is cross it in. He said we should have changed our approach; pass it around, try little touch and go moves and basically just mix it up. It's obvious stuff really which just makes it all the more frustrating to see us play like that.

DFreshKing

Rooney, RVP, Mata, Vidic even Carrick who to some on here is one of our best ever midfielders, half the team world beaters but Sidwell gets Man of the match and deserves it.

Against bottom of the league at home and put a one dimensional display like that.

Incredible really, what are we going to do turn this around.

Moyes just can't get the players putting in any kind of performance whatever the reason.

DocRockter

The numbers are Barca-esque but still only a point.. Maybe get Chicha there with Januzaj, I don't know..Clear that last chance and we'd be favorites on Wednesday night at the This one is on the players 100%..

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
The numbers are Barca-esque but still only a point.. Maybe get Chicha there with Januzaj, I don't know..Clear that last chance and we'd be favorites on Wednesday night at the This one is on the players 100%..
I wish.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He just mentioned that all we seemed to want to do is cross it in. He said we should have changed our approach; pass it around, try little touch and go moves and basically just mix it up. It's obvious stuff really which just makes it all the more frustrating to see us play like that.
Meanwhile Gary Neville says it's nothing to do with the manager.

England are going to be great at the World Cup!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You really believe that :lol: ? The win would have been a very poor one today, not something to be that much confident about going away to the Emirates.

DocRockter

We've always played great @ Arsenal and with Mata now here so yeah I liked our chances.. Now who the feck cares, it's 15 points climb..

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I dont know what the answer is. Every concievable opinion has been discussed and now I'm wondering if Moyes is just jinxed. 81 crosses.... an amazing stat, almost a cross a minute and we still cant put it in the net. Was it the fault of the crossers or the forwards? Defence was shocking today as well. The scousers can take Arsenal to brown town and we can't even beat the worst team in the league. Maybe at Arsenal they'll come at us and it might be the type of game we need. or they could put 5 past us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I dont know what the answer is. Every concievable opinion has been discussed and now I'm wondering if Moyes is just jinxed. 81 crosses.... an amazing stat, almost a cross a minute and we still cant put it in the net. Was it the fault of the crossers or the forwards? Defence was shocking today as well. The scousers can take Arsenal to brown town and we can't even beat the worst team in the league. Maybe at Arsenal they'll come at us and it might be the type of game we need. or they could put 5 past us.
The answer is stop crossing the ball every time we get it and try to play through them. Sure we need to stretch the pitch, but by quick play, give and go's, passing the ball. 81 crosses is a terrible stat to have. We won't win matches by doing that all game because it's percentage football, basically relying on some luck that something will eventually fall. We have the players at United to play proper football, not hoofball which is what it is under Moyes.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
The answer is stop crossing the ball every time we get it and try to play through them. Sure we need to stretch the pitch, but by quick play, give and go's, passing the ball. 81 crosses is a terrible stat to have. We won't win matches by doing that all game because it's percentage football, basically relying on some luck that something will eventually fall. We have the players at United to play proper football, not hoofball which is what it is under Moyes.
Yeah I agree, but if we'd scored 5 from crosses today we'd all be raging about how good the crossing was. I mean out of 81 crosses, you'd have thought that at least one of them would have been on the money would you not? Fulham packed their area so tight that to try and play it through was difficult. I think we need more players to shoot from around the edge of the pen area. Caqriick doesnt do it enough in my opiniion.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I agree, but if we'd scored 5 from crosses today we'd all be raging about how good the crossing was. I mean out of 81 crosses, you'd have thought that at least one of them would have been on the money would you not? Fulham packed their area so tight that to try and play it through was difficult. I think we need more players to shoot from around the edge of the pen area. Caqriick doesnt do it enough in my opiniion.
What about trying to play, you know actual fast, passing football? Like how Liverpool dismantled Arsenal? They could have scored 7 or 8 goals, against the team who was top. We had to resort to long balls into the box or high crosses which is easy to defend against. Sure we might get lucky now and then when something falls our way but its a shit and dumb way to play football. There's a reason why no other top team plays football this way, and to be honest under Moyes we don't deserve to be any higher then 7th place. We're a mid table team under him, but have the players here to challenge for titles under a proper manager. Say what you will about the midfield, but that should only make the difference in the big games. It's still better then 14 of the other teams in the premier league at the very least, as shit as it is.

Crashoutcassius

Don't think anyone would argue we didn't deserve to win tonight. I don't think we were unlucky either, but if Man City put in that number of crosses and had that dominance they would get goals. Serious lack of confidence , maybe not the right players in there, maybe poor crossing I don't know.

Two things I feel after this game. 1) I'm pretty sure if given time Moyes would win us things, get us places, get good results because he really is never far away from getting a good result, and only some small improvements in certain parts of our game will net us good results every week. 2) Moyes really does seem to have only one plan - despite some good performances this season, today we saw a very very effective united side dominate, with close to a full fit team, and it looked like the plan was to overload the wings and put in an extreme amount of crosses. Can work/probably will eventually work - but it certainly is a boring and frustrating style to watch

I think as regards the Mata signing, we can sort of see what Moyes had in mind ie. him buzzing around the two edges of the box and trying to create situations to get a cross in.

One Note is: Lets face it, today Fulham put 11 men behind the ball, 8 men in the box at all times, if anyone thinks intricate passing through the middle of the way to beat this they are insane. Still not saying it's good enough, but almost every week united play vs an ultra defensive outfit we struggle, because they don't let the ball through the middle and because they very very often get a goal on the break - sometimes through bad luck and sometimes through downright bad defending from us

I actually thought the structure of todays match was very similar to spurs 2-2 at OT. Spurs played 3 def centre mids and hit on the break, and we got out wide and our crossing got nowhere... who knows why

DFreshKing

Don't think anyone would argue we didn't deserve to win tonight. I don't think we were unlucky either, but if Man City put in that number of crosses and had that dominance they would get goals. Serious lack of confidence , maybe not the right players in there, maybe poor crossing I don't know.

Two things I feel after this game. 1) I'm pretty sure if given time Moyes would win us things, get us places, get good results because he really is never far away from getting a good result, and only some small improvements in certain parts of our game will net us good results every week. 2) Moyes really does seem to have only one plan - despite some good performances this season, today we saw a very very effective united side dominate, with close to a full fit team, and it looked like the plan was to overload the wings and put in an extreme amount of crosses. Can work/probably will eventually work - but it certainly is a boring and frustrating style to watch

I think as regards the Mata signing, we can sort of see what Moyes had in mind ie. him buzzing around the two edges of the box and trying to create situations to get a cross in.

One Note is: Lets face it, today Fulham put 11 men behind the ball, 8 men in the box at all times, if anyone thinks intricate passing through the middle of the way to beat this they are insane. Still not saying it's good enough, but almost every week united play vs an ultra defensive outfit we struggle, because they don't let the ball through the middle and because they very very often get a goal on the break - sometimes through bad luck and sometimes through downright bad defending from us

I actually thought the structure of todays match was very similar to spurs 2-2 at OT. Spurs played 3 def centre mids and hit on the break, and we got out wide and our crossing got nowhere... who knows why
love this, a sentence that made me laugh and cry all at once, take a bow sir.:(:yawn:

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool

I think you're dead wrong here. A "top" manager would have fixed them by now. He reminds me of the King in his second stint with us - tactically lost. Often I felt similar to how you described, but it turned out I was completely wrong.

edn33

Sack Fergie, sell Giggs, sign Mourinho and help me
Both of Fulham goals came off Vidic's errors. I cant understand why Vidic after openly stating he will move on at the end of this season is still given the captains armband and chosen to play ahead of other defenders. Clearly he has no more desire to be a United player and should not have made the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.