Manchester United Kits 2011/2012

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
How'd you know Lynk, you seem pretty certain.

Could it be a battle of the sources between Lynk and Hellboy?
Because we have a black keepers kit, we won't have both. The bolton away kit of this season will become out third

Lynk

The white kit we wore for the 09 final - didn't that coincide with:

Didn't think it would definitely rule it out to be honest.
We only used the white keepers kit twice.

Heardy

We only used the white keepers kit twice.
Yeah I appreciate that, but it was still a kit option.

It wasn't a mistake in that had they realised the white blue and red kit (from the final) would become the third kit, they'd have not manufactured it.

I just don't see that having a black goalkeeping shirt will prevent a black outfield shirt.

Lynk

Yeah, but that black kit is from the same guys who had the wrong mock up of our blue away kit. No one else has brought up a black away kit this season so I highly doubt it.

(Also, let's say we were playing Barca again next season what kit could we use? All 3 of them would clash)

Heardy

Yeah, but that black kit is from the same guys who had the wrong mock up of our blue away kit. No one else has brought up a black away kit this season so I highly doubt it.

(Also, let's say we were playing Barca again next season what kit could we use? All 3 of them would clash)
Assuming we have the white kit as third - they'd wear their home kit.

If we have all three, could we not wear all black and Barca their home hit. Or their black kit and our home red and white combo?

Lynk

Assuming we have the white kit as third - they'd wear their home kit.

If we have all three, could we not wear all black and Barca their home hit. Or their black kit and our home red and white combo?
The black would clash with the dark blue and maroon.

decorativeed

The black it is not a new official Nike kit. It's a fake made by some pirate factory in the far east.

We would not have a black shirt as well as a blue and black shirt. It makes no sense to have change options that clash with each other. Third and away shirts need to be distinctly different. We "only" get two new kits per season. We have always had a white kit option since Nike took over from Umbro. Next season's kits will be the newly released home, new blue and black hooped away and the current season's white away as third.

Other ways you can tell it's not a real Nike kit: If it were, it'd be made in the same way as the home because they are both supposed to be the same template. On the shirt in the photo the sleeve seems are different - not wide enough. The stripe on the collar is thicker. The shoulders do not have the extra panel of material. It's fake, just like the white version of the 2007-09 home kit was.

decorativeed

My problem with the hoops is not the idea so much as the execution. The home kit takes it's cues from the latest France home kit (which in turn seemed to be Nike's take on Umbro's tailored range), whereas the away seems to have been designed by someone taking influence from Umbro's mid 90s stuff. It's a shame that Nike didn't use the same hooped template they used for the France away.
They just don't work as a set - much like this season's. I liked it when the home and away kits were from the same template but in different colours, like in 2009/10, 2007/08 and 2006/07.

I'm a fan of white United kits, but Nike haven't made a decent one yet. They've all been too fussy.

decorativeed

We've done it before

And lost 4-0! :nervous:

Anyway, I'm not sure why we wore black that night. Surely the white and blue third kit would have been sufficiently different enough from Barca's kit.

The effort that they had to go to to produce that one off kit makes no sense unless they thought the third kit would clash though. It was quite different from the standard black kit worn in the domestic games. The shorts are plain black without the yellow and blue trim, the shirts were made out of different fabric (possibly to do with rules on the number of sponsor's logos on kits as the standard black kit fabric had hundreds of little Umbro logos woven into it), the sponsor was just "Sharp" rather than "Sharp Viewcam" and the sleeves did not have the blue trim with Umbro logo patterning either. Of course, it could be that they ran out of the proper fabric and had to make up the new shirts from what was lying around due to the rules on sponsors logos which meant they could not have the viewcam logo on the shirts, but that doesn't explain the shorts and the fact they wore the socks from the home kit. An odd one.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
My problem with the hoops is not the idea so much as the execution. The home kit takes it's cues from the latest France home kit (which in turn seemed to be Nike's take on Umbro's tailored range), whereas the away seems to have been designed by someone taking influence from Umbro's mid 90s stuff. It's a shame that Nike didn't use the same hooped template they used for the France away.
They just don't work as a set - much like this season's. I liked it when the home and away kits were from the same template but in different colours, like in 2009/10, 2007/08 and 2006/07.

I'm a fan of white United kits, but Nike haven't made a decent one yet. They've all been too fussy.
The 06-08 one was quite nice

decorativeed

It was the best of them, but still too fussy. I didn't like the gold collar or the black panels on the side. If the'd have just made it the reverse of the home kit - all white with a red collar, that would have been great. The 2006/07 home was based on the mid 1950s kits, why didn't they apply the same influence to the away?

TheReligion

Abusive
Why are we only having kits for one season now?

I have not bought a United jersey since the 2006 - 2008 AIG home shirt, which I bought when it came on in '06.

They can feck off.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I liked this seasons enough to fork out but I doubt I'll get any of the ones from next season.

I do wish we'd go back to a 2 year rotation.

I'm noticing a lot of clubs are sort of 'back dooring' almost the one year kit thing by having a ZOMG SPECIAL COMMEMORATIVE ONE YEAR ONLY KIT THIS YEAR ONLY BECAUSE ITS COMMEMORATIVE LIKE (like Chelsea's this year is meant to be) and then just sticking with one year per kit after that and hoping no one notices

decorativeed

Why are we only having kits for one season now?

I have not bought a United jersey since the 2006 - 2008 AIG home shirt, which I bought when it came on in '06.

They can feck off.
We started copying every other club in Europe by switching to a one year cycle in 2009. Only took us the best part of a decade to do so, other clubs have been doing it for ages already. We can't really expect the likes of Barca, Madrid, the Milan clubs and most of the Premier League teams to find another money making opportunty/supporter fleecing prospect and for United not to follow suit. It's just a matter of time until we copy the likes of Chelsea, Spurs, Everton etc in releasing three new kits every year, but that's modern football merchandising for you.

Other premier league clubs kit cycles:

Chelsea: 3 new kits per year since 2008
City: A new home kit every year since 2001 (with one exception) and at least one new away kit every year (two while with Le Coq Sportif)
Arsenal: Same as us - switched to one year cycle in 2009. New home and away kit every year.
Spurs: 3 new kits a year since 2004 (actually released 4 in 2007/08 and - taking sponsors logos into account - 6 this season)
Liverpool: 2 new change kits per year, 1 home kit every two years since 2006
Everton: 3 new kits per year since 2002
Fulham: 3 new kits per year since 2005
Villa: A new home kit every year since 1997. At least one new away kit per season since 1997.
Sunderland: A new home and away kit every year since 2007 (a third kit also released in 2007).
West Brom: New home and away kits every season since 2002
Newcastle: Three new kits every season since 2009. Alternated between 2 and 3 new kits every year between 2003-2009.
Stoke: New home kit ever year since 2003. New away kit every season since 2007
Bolton: New home and away kits every season since 2007.
Blackburn: New home and away shirt (as well as the odd third shirt) every year since 2004
Wigan: New home and away shirt (as well as the odd third shirt) every year since 2005
Wolves: New home and away kits every season since 2008.
Birmingham: New home and away kits every year since 1990! Several third kits released in same time period also.
Blackpool: New home and away kits every season since 2009.
West Ham: New home and away kits every season since 2007.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
The collar on the red kit is atrocious
Keep the 10/11 home kit and bring back the 07/08 black kit and we are set for the next decade

Boothy

Ordered it on soccertriads today for £20. Badges, name and number
I think he meant a real one to be fair. Scocertriads are good fakes, but they are still fakes.

Take fecking ages to arrive too :mad:

Boothy

Theres feck all difference but. They're pretty much identical, and if theres gonna be a new top out every year i'd rather have a £20 fake than a £60 genuine
The material is different, that's about it.