Manchester United Legends vs Bayern Munich Legends

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A lot of footballers are like that in interviews, I don't know if it's because their media training just makes them scared to have any kind of opinion or show any kind of personality or if they're just dull people. Would have been nice to see them showing some enthusiasm though
They turned up to support didn’t they?

What do you want them to do after the criticism they’ve had, run around like it was the UCL win?

K13

Brilliant game ... loved the touch on the run and pass from Irwin, for a man in his 50's I thought he was exceptional.

Most iconic moment when Stam played the role of a bowling ball and knocked over a couple of Bayern players. As strong as an Ox

Ibi Dreams

They turned up to support didn’t they?

What do you want them to do after the criticism they’ve had, run around like it was the UCL win?
You say they "turned up" like it's a chore. It is literally an honour for them to be there and watch those players. And I'm not saying they're not happy to be there, it's just weird when footballers (not just them, in general) don't seem very interested or excited about the interesting and exciting things that have just happened

haram

People have a problem when Rashford and Lingard express themselves, and then have a problem when they don't. It’s a charity game, give it a rest.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
If Becks just stood on the right wing and pinged cross field passes and crosses he'd probably create more than our current lot.

el3mel

I honestly think our team today in their 50s will defeat our current team with no problem.

Blackwidow

Bit weird these Bayern lads have accepted being part of a celebration of the worst night of their careers :D
Probably needed to drink a lot for that in the night before at the German Cup final...

And probably played like that, too... :cool:

Dante

Average bang
People have a problem when Rashford and Lingard express themselves, and then have a problem when they don't. It’s a charity game, give it a rest.
There's less vitriol spouted about City and Liverpool players.

I bet that not even RAWK is as anti-United as some of those posts.

redzer

Ole said after the game that we could do with Jaap and Ronnie at the back now :)

RedB4ndiT

If we replace the United Legends with the current United squad to play against this very same Bayern Legends, they wouldn't score 5 goals nor will the game have been this entertaining.

Will Singh

Becks was outstanding
Scholsey looked like Scholsey
But Stam is still a fecking beast sign him up

Was really nice to see them all back together and Irwin for he's age was outstanding also.

Might be the Vodka but seeing SAF walk out had me in tears....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United scored more goals today, than I witnessed in 10 United games this season.
That says it all.

Red_Aaron

Becks was just sensational, and look how happy he was to get his goal wearing that shirt in that stadium. Where he belongs

Generally speaking you're mad to question SAFs decisions of course but it breaks my heart that becks didn't finish his career here. Loved by everyone and he loves us all right back.

What a player he was. Legend

buckooo1978

we were lucky to have players of that class.... pleasure seeing them at Old Trafford again

realistically despite all the hype players like Rashford and Lingard aren't even in the same class as Saha was so it underlines the gulf in class we had in those 25 years under Fergie compared with the current crop

Beckham, Scholes and Stam were just :drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Roy "Sour" Keane.
Yep, real shame he wasn't there.
At least Giggs and P Nev had international team requirements (presumably)

If he's not fit or something like that, he could have done like Andy Cole and just played a nominal part to at least take part.

If it's because he didn't play in the actual final that would be really sad.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why was Saha there ? If we were allowing players from other periods to play then surely Ruud wouldn't been the ideal choice.