Manchester United Legends vs Bayern Munich Legends

Charlie Yu

Nah, that's just fantasy. The pace this game was played at is nowhere near the premier league. You have a pundit as man of the match. It's a bit of silly fun, sure, but let's not get carried away here.
Their legs are gone but a standing Beckham could contribute more to attack than a running Lingard. Or Ashley Young who seem to even losing his ability to cross, just one year after he was a starter in the WC. And I am not joking or romanticising old players.

Jonno

I was there. Absolutely loved it. Got in an hour before kick off and stayed for as long as possible after full time.

It was an amazing day and I'll not forget it in a long time.

Red Royal

I went and enjoyed remembering how good we were once. Hope it inspires the current first team.

A shame Giggsy couldn't make it bit amazing to see Andy Cole play a few minutes after what he has been through.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I traveled all the way from Poland with mates and enjoyed the whole weekend so much. We met Blomqvist in SportsDirect in Arndale yesterday, top bloke, took a picture with us and seemed genuinely happy when we told him we came all the way to see the old guard play.

It was the most fun I had at Old Trafford, honestly.

StrettyEnder07

Watched it, was good, Becks jesus mate that was scary, first time have seen a RW put in a decent performance for about 2 years. Crossfield balls, pin point crosses, delivery from set plays, creativity and a goal to top it off.

Can we give Inter Miami 100m plus Lingard and Mata for Becks for next season haha (tongue and cheek before anyone says it would be a waste of money)

Seriously though was good, current crop need to take note.

StrettyEnder07

I understand the dissatisfaction with the current united side, but I'm sure they'd still beat this veterans team 10-0.
Our current crop would struggle to score 10 if they only had to beat the Great Dane for 90 minutes no matter than putting a side out against them.

youngrell

What a pleasure it was to watch these players together again. I went to the last United v Bayern legends match and it was a bit of a bore but with a more complete line up like on Sunday, it was much better.

Still playing with the same patterns of play and skills but at a slower pace.

While I really enjoyed, it was also depressing to see these old guys playing more like a team 20 years later than our current squad do. I don't want to bash them too much but watching on Sunday really highlighted how bad they have been. I was getting excited by accurate 30-40 yard passes, first touches and pass and move football, all simple things that should be on show every week at OT.

reddevil80

40? Think you are pushing it a bit there, have you seen our forwards attempt to finish, probably need 40 to get 10 on target no matter than score!
Think you both are pushing it with 40, how many games / seasons would it take for our boys to target 40 efforts?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Went to this match yesterday, hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did! :devil:

What a beast Jaap still is, not many defenders in the current footballing world with defensive attributes like he had. Beckham and Scholes still class!

I wonder if someone could help me or give some advise - I stupidly left my wallet at home yesterday and only had enough money left on me to buy a programme. Does anybody know how I would go about getting one of the treble reunion scarves that were being sold outside the ground?
I live down south so it's a 7 hour round trip for me to get back to Old Trafford.
Glad you enjoyed yourself mate. We enjoyed watching!

As for the scarves, does United not have anything close to it that you can buy online? Otherwise I'm not sure how else you could get a hold of that specific scarf...

Tony Montana

Glad you enjoyed yourself mate. We enjoyed watching!

As for the scarves, does United not have anything close to it that you can buy online? Otherwise I'm not sure how else you could get a hold of that specific scarf...
Thanks for the reply! Glad you also enjoyed it!

I wasn't sure whether any of the scarves or memorabilia being sold by the stalls and guys outside the ground on match day ever get listed for sale online or anything. I assume there was quite a lot of treble reunion stuff leftover (including scarves).

Unfortunately can't see anything on the official United shop. Never mind, just would be nice to have a souvenir to go with the programme :)

StrettyEnder07

Think you both are pushing it with 40, how many games / seasons would it take for our boys to target 40 efforts?
To get 40 on target haha probably about 3 seasons mate.

On the plus side Mata, Sanchez & Lukaku all looking likely to be gone by the start of next season so hopefully that number will significantly change next season haha