Manchester United slapped with 1/5 food hygiene rating after guests at corporate event given raw chicken | Club will appeal

BeltUp

Supports
United
There will be none of this shite when Sir Jim introduces a plant-based menu so we're are a more sustainable club.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The media are pathetic. Even when there’s no footie they’ll still find something negative to write about the club. Complete none story. Pathetic.

mav_9me

Yeah it's more piling on by media but surely serving raw chicken at a health and safety event is beyond parody.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Yeah it's more piling on by media but surely serving raw chicken at a health and safety event is beyond parody.
You mean the Daily Mail would never ever twist & turn the facts to suit a certain angle and we should all blindingly believe a story without knowing the facts or other side of the story. This story certainly deserves headline news. For crying out loud…

Withnail

Even calling it raw is taking the piss. It was most likely a bit undercooked. No one is handing out raw pieces of chicken unless they actually have employed Evra as the cook.

lex talionis

When I last ate at Old Trafford in February the food was horrible, worse than even in Appalachia. Obviously this isn't a very high priority, but the club needs a proper sorting out from the top all the way down to accommodations for the matchgoing fans.

Irrational.

They’ve got it all wrong. We’ve signed a promising 16 year old Cameroonian winger called Chick N’Thighs. Has plenty of ability but is still quite raw.

neon_badger

I did 12 years as a chef at Old Trafford, this is massive, you simply cannot do this in a food operation of there scale hence the severe downgrade. Many of saw this coming and bailed a few seasons ago, it's very indications of how the club is run post Fergie.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Don't know which part is more hilarious, a safety health and environment show at Old Trafford of all places, or raw chicken being served at such an event.
Probably a team building exercise gone wrong.

I expect we were simply asked to run a test to see if the health and environment lot could deal with the unexpected. I reckon the attendees will be more careful in future so it's a solid lesson for them and a win for their future clients.

Job well done United
:wenger:

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
I did 12 years as a chef at Old Trafford, this is massive, you simply cannot do this in a food operation of there scale hence the severe downgrade. Many of saw this coming and bailed a few seasons ago, it's very indications of how the club is run post Fergie.
Please can you tell us more?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Have you just been sacked?

Moriarty

Back in the day, that was the lady who pulled the hot dogs out of the pan of hot greasy water. ;)

E-mal

Cant even make a decent chicken, how do we expect them to manage football

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Just wait until we host the annual bomb defusers' party, it's gonna blow your mind!
This club is stupid enough to host an event against gender-based violence and then bring out some of our past and present left-footed wingers from the men’s team as guest speakers.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This club is stupid enough to host an event against gender-based violence and then bring out some of our past and present left-footed wingers from the men’s team as guest speakers.
You just reminded me that we made a sex offender a guest of honour at an event

neon_badger

The media are pathetic. Even when there’s no footie they’ll still find something negative to write about the club. Complete none story. Pathetic.
It's a bit of big deal and it demonstrates how the club if failing off the pitch as well as on it.
Please can you tell us more?
I started in 2010 only working on matchdays it was a good place to work, I grafted my way up to being one of the lead chefs, working 70+ hrs a week, sometimes going 4 weeks without a day off but i enjoyed it, during this time the money men came in, people head hunted to come in and cut costs everywhere the standards were dropping whilst much of the corporate suites (over 2000 covers on a matchday) were being upgraded, squeezing in more guests with more expensive food offerings and operating out of a central infrastructure that was massively inadequate, more and more corporate events fewer staff, experienced staff leaving and not being replaced. Around 2015 a food safety officer was hired to complement the existing food safety staff, the place nearly broke him and he left when he realised the Ralf Rangnick style dossier of things that neede correcting was filed in the nearest bin. Matchdays were being staffed on a wing and a prayer, agencies sending clearly unskilled inexperienced staff under the pretence they were chefs, many were kitchen porters or kids that had never stepped inside a kitchen. Covid game along and again the money men, HR vampires etc desended and rinsed the few of us that remained and somehow despite unions and local mps intervening on our behalf the club managed to spin exploitation into good PR. Once fans returned we tried to continue but we all knew bigger problems were coming and we all started walking, I still have good friends there and all I hear is the same problems. I'm amazed they've got away with it for so long, it might only be one incident of raw chicken but I suspect its been enough for trafford council to properly probe (unlike the chicken) the place and factor in the risk of the huge numbers they do ( the largest room can hold 900 covers for a plated service, and there's over 20 other function suites of varying sizes, plus all the executive boxes) all of this has escalated during the Glazers ownership, it's sad, they used to look after their staff and value fans, now everyone is £ on a spreadsheet somewhere and nothing more.

thisisnottaken1

This is only news because it’s Manchester United and despite the fact that we’ve been pants for the past decade, we’re still the most newsworthy club in the land and people still enjoy laughing at us.

Nevertheless, this is yet another indictment of the Glazer ownership of the club and how their completely lackadaisical attitude has resulted in the entire culture of the club being negatively affected