Manchester United transfer news and rumours for summer 2014

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
One starts to wonder what will happen to van Ginkel at Chelsea now with the Fabregas signing. He's 21 and he has to play football. I see this as a perfect opportunity to sign a box to box midfielder. He would have surely been selected for the world cup had he been fit.

Oneunited26

But who have we genuinely actually approached and who have actually turned us down, paper talk is meaningless, not forgetting that in that time we have signed RVP and Mata who are top players, De Gea who will be if not already a top goalkeeper, Kagawa who was supposed to be the big coup.
Our biggest nett spending ever was in the 2013/14 season (but of course Fellaini was in that:o)
Problem is? the big 2 money signings fellaini and mata were moyes signings, so it shows the lack of fresh blood was added into the engine room, under the last 4 seasons under fergie

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Is so hard finding the transfer rumours on this thread! Can't we have a thread for reasons why United haven't signed world class players, over having to trawl through masses of drivel to find a hint of speculation & transfer news!
Problem is that 90% of the hints of speculation and transfers is the drivel, the rest is rational intelligent discussion:lol:

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I give up. Absolute idiotic thing to write. I travel a lot and I've been to poor villages and there are kids wearing old utd shirts...not PSG, Madrid or Barca. We've signed some of the best players in the world. In fact we sold players to top team who have coveted them. If you think we are prestigious or dont pay top dollar, you must be delusional. I suggest you put down the crack pipe.....

Its amazing what one bad season brings out of people......complete and utter sh*t.
United have benefitted massively from being in the EPL which is far, far better run and widely available than La Liga. It is easilly the most dominate league, in terms of money, viewership and prestige.

If La Liga had that level of exposure, it wouldn't even be close. Still, I think they have a wider fanbase - facebook would attest to this.

TheMuffer

One starts to wonder what will happen to van Ginkel at Chelsea now with the Fabregas signing. He's 21 and he has to play football. I see this as a perfect opportunity to sign a box to box midfielder. He would have surely been selected for the world cup had he been fit.
he will still play for Chelsea.....have you heard of rotation?

SirFergie

I'm afraid "we're Manchester United" doesn't quite cut it for world class players. Which world class players have we ever signed?

We have something to offer lesser players who want to better themselves but that's about it. Time to stop kidding ourselves that our name is enough to have players falling over themselves to join us.
Well no one has claimed players "are falling over themselves to join us". However to say that we have nothing to offer players is an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Yes I will say we're Manchester United because we are you know, one of the biggest clubs in the world or have you forgotten that?

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, everyone is keeping their mouths shut which is exactly the way I like it.

Rednotdead

Well no one has claimed players "are falling over themselves to join us". However to say that we have nothing to offer players is an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Yes I will say we're Manchester United because we are you know, one of the biggest clubs in the world or have you forgotten that?

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, everyone is keeping their mouths shut which is exactly the way I like it.
What's even more stupid is criticising something I didn't say in my post.

I didn't say anyone had said players were falling over themselves to join us.

I didn't say we had nothing to offer players.

Read my post again please, and properly this time.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
It's funny that people on here having been talking about an ''inflated'' transfer market every summer for the last five years. Fergie was often particularly vocal about his ''no value'' policy. Yet every summer we have seen significant increases in both fees and wages - in line with football revenue increases. The 2011 transfer market, for example, looks like excellent value compared to the prices being closed and touted in 2014.

hobbers

Sneijder was pretty woeful yesterday as well. Not great against Spain either.

Would be an absolute travesty to sign him and lose either Kagawa or Mata. Even worse than swapping Rooney for Cavani.

Manucho the boss

The Express running with a story about how we're going to be "rocked" by a Liverpool bid of £8m for Valencia..

I'd nearly be happy for us to pay the money to see big Tony V ruin their free flowing football with a few of his blocked crosses and aimless bursts down the wing.

Danny Boi

The Express running with a story about how we're going to be "rocked" by a Liverpool bid of £8m for Valencia..

I'd nearly be happy for us to pay the money to see big Tony V ruin their free flowing football with a few of his blocked crosses and aimless bursts down the wing.
I love when the papers use the term "rocked".As if everyone at the club is struggling to stay on their feet at the prospect of losing a shit player.

A1X

Have we been linked with Modric yet?

I need him to complete my "United transfer rumour bingo" card.

red_7

normally £50m for a 31 year old is a good deal but since the £90m we got for Ronaldo went to America and it would be the same here. We should not give any quality player away for any amount of money in our current situation.

If we don not get back in the CL next season, we will be away years to come.

The damage of only one year after Fergie's reign is immense. We went from the pride of all europe to a laughing stock on and off the pitch. I wonder how deep we can fall...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Actually, I say we sell him.. not that I think Barcelona would give that amount for 31 years old player, nor will LVG sell him, but for that amount in his years with his injury record - yes.
You don't sell players of that quality at any cost

paulthesinger

red_7 we were never the 'pride of all europe'. I suspect we will be better than last season and we may get into the CL next year; maybe the year after. We haven't been playing great football for a few years now but hopefully after some fairly major surgery we will. Maybe we won't fall too far at all

Sparky Rhiwabon

Can't we just suspend the Transfers forum and enjoy the World Cup? At least until Holland are out and Van Gaal comes 'home'.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Can't we just suspend the Transfers forum and enjoy the World Cup? At least until Holland are out and Van Gaal comes 'home'.
Imagine the fallout if van Gaal goes on a (Moyesque) holiday straight after...