Manchester United v. Everton (Reserves)

pert

Fabien Brandy just scores, 1-0 to United.

He looks a decent player, any chance of seeing him in some first team action this season?

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=467487

Substitute Febian Brandy struck six minutes from time to give United’s Reserves a narrow win over Everton at the Victoria Stadium.

In his first appearance since scoring the goal which clinched victory in the Champions Youth Cup against Juventus, the 18-year-old striker pounced to convert from close-range after Toffees goalkeeper John Ruddy had parried Sean Evans’ cross out.

The strike was no more than United deserved for a dominant second half period, in which Ruddy had kept them at bay after an evenly-contested first half.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I thought Dong did OK. He had some nice touches and could have scored a couple but for smart blocks. One thing though was I never saw any example of great pace. I know he can be very quick from watching him on the South African tour last year, but in this game he seemed content to let Campbell make all the running.

Lee Martin seemed to be applying himself alright (Fergie was watching after all) but just did not seem to be able to play a decent final ball. He really did not look like someone who will ever challenge for a first team place.

Darron Gibson dissapointed me. He looked good when he could get shots in on goal, but his general play was not always great. There were misplaced passes. Sam Hewson did a lot of the tidying up.

Pique looked in good form. He was the dominant figure at the back, making good challenges and running with the ball into midfield. I'd rather he played RB than Brown as at least he can do something with the ball at his feet.

Campbell did OK. He worked hard (Fergie was watching after all) including tracking back and tackling.

Brandy made a big impact when he came on. He's got amazing pace, but his close control of the ball is fantastic. The goal was a tap-in but he reacted quickly. He looks so young though. I still wonder how he will fare against experienced defenders. Maybe we'll find out in the Carling Cup this year.

Of the other reserves, I can't think of any who are really challenging for a place in the first team squad, excpet maybe Sam Hewson.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I thought Dong did OK. He had some nice touches and could have scored a couple but for smart blocks. One thing though was I never saw any example of great pace. I know he can be very quick from watching him on the South African tour last year, but in this game he seemed content to let Campbell make all the running.

Lee Martin seemed to be applying himself alright (Fergie was watching after all) but just did not seem to be able to play a decent final ball. He really did not look like someone who will ever challenge for a first team place.

Darron Gibson dissapointed me. He looked good when he could get shots in on goal, but his general play was not always great. There were misplaced passes. Sam Hewson did a lot of the tidying up.

Pique looked in good form. He was the dominant figure at the back, making good challenges and running with the ball into midfield. I'd rather he played RB than Brown as at least he can do something with the ball at his feet.

Campbell did OK. He worked hard (Fergie was watching after all) including tracking back and tackling.

Brandy made a big impact when he came on. He's got amazing pace, but his close control of the ball is fantastic. The goal was a tap-in but he reacted quickly. He looks so young though. I still wonder how he will fare against experienced defenders. Maybe we'll find out in the Carling Cup this year.

Of the other reserves, I can't think of any who are really challenging for a place in the first team squad, excpet maybe Sam Hewson.
Exactly. It wasn't so much a lack of pace as he just looked lazy. He seemed to spend a lot of time standing still, waiting for the ball. The timing of his runs forward and general movement was very poor. He does seem to have a lot of the attributes needed to be a decent striker but, for a 22 year-old, he is still incredibly raw. Let's hope he's a late developer, for his sake.

RedPhil1957

Brandy looked really sharp.

Kieran Lee, Pique and Hewson also a cut above.

God, Dong is shit though...

best game Dong has had in England actually looked as if he knew his teamates and put through a couple of really good passes

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
can't manage anything better than that sorry, just more hopeful than his previous efforts
To be fair, you do have a point.

His link-up play was decent and he does seem to be improving. He took ages to settle in Antwerp too but ended up the league's highest scorer (I think) so maybe there's hope yet. You never know.

LizardKing

First Team Regular
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
To be fair, you do have a point.

His link-up play was decent and he does seem to be improving. He took ages to settle in Antwerp too but ended up the league's highest scorer (I think) so maybe there's hope yet. You never know.
He had a decent goal record in Antwerp, better than any other player's we've sent there I think