Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
    AIK Stockholm
    If we just look at how ETH has chosen his last starting elevens there should be 0 chance that Antony gets more then 20-30 minutes, which may be the best way for him, get his debut at Old Trafford when the fullbacks are tired and not spend all his energy first 20-30 minutes when the game will probably be tight and both teams not taking to many risks. He will be more useful in the second half.

Casemiro should be ready now, but i don't think that he and McTominey should start the game together, i would start Casemiro with Fred or McTominey with Eriksen. Casemiro showed against Leicester that his passing abilities are high, much higher then many believes because he didn't need to use them as much playing with Kroos and Modric as he will playing with Fred/McTominey. So if he plays with Fred then he will be the one trying to cut through Arsenals press, but if we continue with McTominey we will need Eriksen playing the deeper CM role next to him.

Brunos energy is needed up front, Sancho is also guaranteed a spot. I wouldn't be surprised if we start with Elanga on the right and Rashford as a number 9 the first 60-65 minutes just because of our pressing. They both will probably get instructions to press as much as possible and run their socks of before we throw in Ronaldo and Antony for second half.

Back four will not be changed if don't have no new injuries.

So will probably start with;

DDG
    Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia
    Casemiro Fred
    Elanga Bruno Sancho
    Rashford

and go with...

DDG
    Casemiro Eriksen
    Antony
    Bruno Sancho
    Ronaldo

...after 60-65 minutes to try to kill the game if its still a close game. Arsenal will have to start with some players that have been injured and not trained much last week or throw in new guys that haven't played so much lately. Both ways should benefit us.

3-1. Rashford, Ronaldo and Antony to score, Casemiro MOTM.

Reactions: Penna

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
    If we win we are top 4 and only 3 points behind the leader.

We must win this.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
    AIK Stockholm
    It’s 5 games in :lol: how does being in the top 4 in September make it a must win?
    These games against the opponents that will probably be fighting for top 4 are always a must win, first or last game of the season.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
    Would be interesting to see whether ETH would keep his preferred winning team, or try some fresh legs such as Casemiro, Ronaldo and Antony.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    The only place Rashford as a 9 would cause havoc is Sunday league.
    That’s a shame because Liverpool aren’t in Sunday league. Rashford is good up top but only against teams that give us space and attack us. Against low block teams he’s useless.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Would be interesting to see whether ETH would keep his preferred winning team, or try some fresh legs such as Casemiro, Ronaldo and Antony.
    I’m hoping he makes a couple of changes. Think it be to soon for Antony but I’m hoping Casemiro starts as we all expected him to against Leicester but he didn’t which means he could come in for this game. We’re gonna have to make changes at some point as we’re playing Thursday-Sunday football pretty much every week.

JeffFromHK

My ideal XI considering that we had played less than 3 days earlier:
    Sancho Ronaldo Antony
    Bruno
    Fred Casemiro
    Malacia Martinez Varane Dalot
    DDG

4 (or 8) fresh legs in starting 11

Suv666

It’s 5 games in :lol: how does being in the top 4 in September make it a must win?
    Its a direct top four rival who are flying high. If we defeat Arsenal it could be the case that they collapse. They have been historically mentally fragile. And beating the leaders would be a huge confidence boost for us as well. Its a huge game.

Deery

Dreary
    Can’t not start McTominay and Casemiro probably Eriksen too. Up until Ten Hag if he plays Bruno in the forward line or not.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    If we just look at how ETH has chosen his last starting elevens there should be 0 chance that Antony gets more then 20-30 minutes, which may be the best way for him, get his debut at Old Trafford when the fullbacks are tired and not spend all his energy first 20-30 minutes when the game will probably be tight and both teams not taking to many risks. He will be more useful in the second half.

Casemiro should be ready now, but i don't think that he and McTominey should start the game together, i would start Casemiro with Fred or McTominey with Eriksen. Casemiro showed against Leicester that his passing abilities are high, much higher then many believes because he didn't need to use them as much playing with Kroos and Modric as he will playing with Fred/McTominey. So if he plays with Fred then he will be the one trying to cut through Arsenals press, but if we continue with McTominey we will need Eriksen playing the deeper CM role next to him.

Brunos energy is needed up front, Sancho is also guaranteed a spot. I wouldn't be surprised if we start with Elanga on the right and Rashford as a number 9 the first 60-65 minutes just because of our pressing. They both will probably get instructions to press as much as possible and run their socks of before we throw in Ronaldo and Antony for second half.

DDG
    Casemiro Fred
    Elanga Bruno Sancho
    Rashford

and go with...

DDG
    Casemiro Eriksen
    Antony
    Bruno Sancho
    Ronaldo

...after 60-65 minutes to try to kill the game if its still a close game. Arsenal will have to start with some players that have been injured and not trained much last week or throw in new guys that haven't played so much lately. Both ways should benefit us.

Agree on all counts.

LFG!

Olecurls99

DDG
    Casemiro Fred
    Elanga Bruno Sancho
    Rashford

and go with...

DDG
    Casemiro Eriksen
    Antony
    Bruno Sancho
    Ronaldo

I think Casemiro can play with Mctominay in midfield. He has the ability to sit, beat the press and start attacks and Mctominay can focus on disrupting, pressing and getting forward.

I knew full well that Eriksen could do the 6 job but Casemiro is an obvious upgrade for his better mobility, tackling, hounding and intercepting skills.

Casemiro and Eriksen are easily our best midfielders but I think for this game and with the form Arsenal are in we should put Mctominay in there for his energy. I reckon Eriksen won't have recovered fully after Thursday.

The midfield ranking regardless of which game it is should go

1Casemiro
    2Eriksen
    4Mctominay / Fred

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    In my crystal ball, I see a red card… can’t make out who gets it…

Member 101269

That’s like a Merson comment after 6 games. Win and top 4 looks a more realistic goal. Striker options will cost us this season. Lose and it’s one step fwd 2 back. Home to Arsenal. They have injuries. We should win.
    The more we play as a team you’d expect us to get better while it’s early days we’ll be in the title mix. For how long who knows but you cannot deny a few points off top would be great given how we started. Even a draw keeps up in the a good place for a shout at top 4

Tibs

Same Defence

Fredemiro

Rashford Bruno Sancho

Ronaldo

ForeverRed1

Antony on the right, sancho to the left with Ronaldo in the middle. Actively look for him today, Get it to his feet and he’ll score.

He’s here now, wether agreed with or not, so let’s get him confident and scoring, we’re going to need him.

Last edited:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    I'd start Ronaldo as striker. Window is closed and there shouldn't be anymore distractions about his wanting out, at least until January.

For all the energy and pressing Ten Hag wants, Rashford hasn't really done much of that when playing as a CF. He's failing to even cut passing lanes and mostly jogs about, hardly putting any pressure on oppositions center backs.

If we're not going to get wall to wall hard work from Rashford as a striker then might as well play Ronaldo because while he isn't bringing energy and hard work, he's at least a threat for goals. He also looked a lot better in his cameo against Leicester.

Rashford is simply a zero threat as a striker that I'd be glad to see Ronaldo start as much as his saga this window has annoyed me.

Cantonaaa!

Lads, it’s Arsenal. Easy win. Hit them on the counter.

Team should be

——————DDG
    ——-McT Casemiro Eriksen
    Sancho Rashford Bruno

Bring on Ronaldo, Antony and Fred 2nd half.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    That’s a shame because Liverpool aren’t in Sunday league. Rashford is good up top but only against teams that give us space and attack us. Against low block teams he’s useless.
    Rashford was terrible in the first half against Liverpool playing as CF which gets forgotten because of how he ended the game and played in the second half.

Ten Hag brought in Martial, moved Rashford to the left and suddenly his game transformed.

kaku06

Same line up minus Eriksen for Casemiro imo. Will be a tight draw but who scores first gonna win. Huge match for Arsenal so the pressure is on them.

Rashford usually does well against the top teams hope he'll today. No Ronaldo please he is shit against any decent team. We'll need to run a lot today. Ffs Martial you need to get fit asap.
    So you want to leave out our only midfielder who is capable of keep the passing going from midfield and is able to connect midfield to attack especially when Arsenal are pretty weak in midfield themselves. I would argue that Eriksen is a must against them. We must seize this opportunity and control that midfield battle. Bruno is always too far up the pitch and if we start Casemiro and Mctominay together, that would leave a hole in the centre and they will be able get hold of the game from the middle and start building their attacks. We need to break their fluidity by cutting off their tempo and try to isolate their attacking players. Eriksen is also very important for us during the transition which we have been very good at till now.

Also, Ronaldo needs to start. As much as he’s been a cry baby during the whole window. He’s here now and we need to utilise him especially in the absence of Martial. He’s a far better option than Rashford upfront. Rashford from the middle just doesn’t work. And if Antony doesn’t start which I don’t think he will then we have to start with Rashford, Ronaldo and Sancho. It’s our best possible attack for this game. We can’t start Rashford up front and Elanga on the wings again.

Last edited:

avgp_1

Their left side is the key, both from an attacking and defensive point of view. Martinelli, Jesus, Zinchenko/Tierney, Xhaka combination has worked quite well for them.

On the flip side it leaves them quite open for counters especially when Zinchenko plays. Bailey did decently against them, Antony might be needed today. Dalot will have his hands full. Eriksen should be rested, Cas in. Predicting a scored draw 2-2

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    De Gea
    Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Malacia
    McTominay - Casemiro
    Bruno - Eriksen - Sancho
    Ronaldo​

Against tired legs:
    Antony
    Rashford
    Elanga
    Fred

TheReligion

Abusive
    Judging be EtHs comments Casemiro will start.

I imagine it will be

DDG
    Malacia
    Martinez
    Varane
    Dalot
    Casemiro
    Eriksen
    Bruno
    Sancho
    Rashford
    Ronaldo

Lemon Moon

DDG
    Casemiro Fred
    Elanga Bruno Sancho
    Rashford

and go with...

DDG
    Casemiro Eriksen
    Antony
    Bruno Sancho
    Ronaldo

I think you are spot on in your assessment here. I bet Ronaldo is seething at his new super sub role. But legs are needed in games like this.
    Casemiro + Fred I'm really looking forward to seeing.

Telsim

You are right, he scored against Liverpool. After he was moved to the left by Martial coming on and after being invisible for the first half. It was his first goal since... West Ham in January. We played all manner of teams in that time. Rashford can't be relied upon. And definitely not in the role of a CF. He is too limited for that. Keep him on the left or not at all. I'd rather see Ronaldo as 9 instead. Both don't press, but at least Ronaldo scores and can head the ball reliably.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    Judging be EtHs comments Casemiro will start.

I imagine it will be

DDG
    Malacia
    Martinez
    Varane
    Dalot
    Casemiro
    Eriksen
    Bruno
    Sancho
    Rashford
    Ronaldo
    This is what I’d like to see but I’d be surprised if we start as offensive as that from the get go. McTominay will start. It’s just weather Ronaldo plays ahead of one of Eriksen or Bruno.

Olecurls99

So you want to leave out our only midfielder who is capable of keep the passing going from midfield and is able to connect midfield to attack especially when Arsenal are pretty weak in midfield themselves. I would argue that Eriksen is a must against them. We must seize this opportunity and control that midfield battle. Bruno is always too far up the pitch and if we start Casemiro and Mctominay together, that would leave a hole in the centre and they will be able get hold of the game from the middle and start building their attacks. We need to break their fluidity by cutting off their tempo and try to isolate their attacking players. Eriksen is also very important for us during the transition which we have been very good at till now.

Also, Ronaldo needs to start. As much as he’s been a cry baby during the whole window. He’s here now and we need to utilise him especially in the absence of Martial. He’s a far better option than Rashford upfront. Rashford from the middle just doesn’t work. And if Antony doesn’t start which I don’t think he will then we have to start with Rashford, Ronaldo and Sancho. It’s our best possible attack for this game. We can’t start Rashford up front and Elanga on the wings again.
    Casemiro is well able to keep the passing going. How does adding one of the world's best midfielders leave a hole in the centre?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 528 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw