Kick-off
Sun, 4 September 2022 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

This has been Rashford's most intense game in years. He looks ready for a fight.

Judas

Open to offers
    I'll take that. Bruno has been wasteful. Sancho has been quiet, Rashford did good for the goal but needs to be doing more.

1-0 won't be enough, be surprised if it finishes like this.

Luka Mora

Mctominay been best player on the pitch, don't think he has put a foot wrong and has been breaking down attacks and progressing good balls forward.

Antony well taken goal, but hasn't really got going but first match and all. Been disappointed with Sancho and Malacia, keep getting bullied or losing the ball.

Chip

Intense game. Happy to be up 1-0. Eriksen has been a bit wasteful in the first half, so unless McTominay's picked up a knock, I'd consider taking Eriksen out for Case.

always_hoping

Happy enough with that half of football from United, leading, just 1 save all half Degea had to make and so far so good for Antony.

Fracture90

McT is one of our most important players in ETH`s system. He is a perfect garbage man with a little help from Eriksen. It suits McT so much that he only has to concentrate on defending.
    ETH has actually found a perfect role for him and gave him a much needed confidence. I'm not seeing MCT making as many unnecessary touches before releasing the ball as he did previously.

Sviken

I disagree. It's all gonna be about counter attacking in the second half. Rashford's first touch is not the best but we will need his pace for the threat.
    His pace amounts to feck all when there is no "threat". He's bungled it every time he has touched the ball, as seldom as that has happened.

Member 125398

Really impressed with our ability to weather a storm in the last 2 games. Arsenal look really good although de Gea hasn't been tested that much. Think we need to score again.

acnumber9

Arsenal have looked sharper in their buildup, let's be honest. For the most part we have defended well and got the goal, that's the best you can say for us. Surprising how Jesus is manhandling Varane especially. We need to get him under control.
    The ref is allowing him to manhandle Varane. On numerous occasions Jesus has just turned to push and pull at Varane without looking at the ball. The ref gave Arsenal a free kick for it.

Riz

Mctominay best player on the pitch so far. Would be unfair to drop him. As for Bruno? Get him off :lol:
    I thought Bruno has been alright so far, couple of nice involvements including the goal.

Agree with what everyone is saying re the difference between Rashford and Jesus though. Latter is holding up everything excellently meaning Arsenal attacks are sustained rather than turning over like ours.

tomaldinho1

Very good performance, don’t get the issue with their disallowed goal - no contact on the ball from Odegaard and it’s a foul, doesn’t matter if it’s soft or not.

McT playing very well, seeing him do things I’ve not seen before on the turn in possession and that period around 10-11mins where we just kept recycling the ball and keeping them moving was really good.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
    Scout
    I will say it once and move on but collectively and consistently McTominay, Eriksen and Bruno have not been good. The opposition get through them easily, they struggle to move the ball smoothly or make themselves easily available. They all have good individual moments though.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Good half of football. They definitely looked more dangerous down both sides, and Jesus is an absolute handful - signing of the summer easily.

I can't think of a single moment we manage to create a chance for Rashford, and a big ask for him to hold the ball up against those two big central defenders.

We started with a lot of aggression and Martinez put a marker on Jesus early on, but he's not affected by it in the slightest. Really enjoyed those first 10 minutes.

They were super lucky to avoid a red card on that lunge on Bruno. 100% red.

Alemar

We need to put Casemiro and Ronaldo on for Eriksen and Rashford. Fair play to Marcus - another assist, but rather than that he wasn’t sublime today.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
    Who was the bloke on the other side of Martial 8 minutes before HT (not Iqbal), was it Axel?

Also the stat at the start of the match said it was Ben White's 200th club appearance. That can't be right, can it? relative recent signing.

Cracking game btw :D

Orange Tree

I'd sub off Bruno, but he usually is the only one up front who doesn't look gassed after the 60 minutes mark.

Casemiro for Eriksen.

JeffFromHK

Bruno fernandes keeps gifting the possession to Arsenal with those stupid flicks. it is frustrating

Walters_19_MuFc

What a great half of football. Stuff you like to see.

What a superb moment for Antony, too. Great worked goal.

Hoping we can maintain it because we do tend to drop off in the second half.

Oh, and can I just say McTominay is a fecking beast. I know a lot of you won't want to here that but he's been our best player.

MonkeysMagic

Will take the scoreline but they have had so many dangerous situations, its only a matter of time until they score. We simply cannot pass through the lines and our forwards cant hold the ball up and bring the midfield in.

izec

Arsenal have looked sharper in their buildup, let's be honest. For the most part we have defended well and got the goal, that's the best you can say for us. Surprising how Jesus is manhandling Varane especially. We need to get him under control.
    He is one of the best strikers in the league and in good form currently. He is a handful for anyone.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Defending well but they're getting in dangerous positions. Bruno needs to do better in possession, careless even for his standards. Rashford has done well but he'll do better when Martial is back and he can go back to the wing.

Get Casemiro in there.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
    I can't quite believe what I've seen from him. I've consistently said the bloke isn't good enough and can't pass. Today has been immense. And not just at the thug stuff. His touches and passing has been good. Color me shocked. Well done.
    Same here, nowdays he looks like different player!

Also no more jogging from him, he plays with purpose and intensity, what a difference good coach makes.

Member 101269

I suggest we bring in Casemiro for Sancho. We move Rashy on the left and Bruno in a false 9 role. We need to start winning the ball
    I'm not sure Bruno has the legs, and we're punting it long from DDG it'll just come back to us.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    We're getting there week by week. Arsenal obviously look further ahead in their development as you would expect, but can't fault the fight and effort in this team at the moment. The next stage is to be better with the ball. We do treat it very carelessly at times.

Marcelinho87

Nah, I’m sure he doesn’t think he’s good enough to keep Casemiro out of the team but coaches have always liked him because he does exactly what he’s told and he puts himself about. The funny thing is if you just tell him to do what he’s good at he’s a decent player
    Yeah agreed.

Suv666

This would be an amazing win if we pull this off. Arsenal are a good side.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 528 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw