Sun, 12 May 2024 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
    You’ve wondered into the realm of pointless hyperbole… lets be honest.

The reason the gap is barely any smaller than last year… is because it wasn’t a huge gap last year.

The most likely scenario is that Arsenal will end up 2 points off of City (from the 114 points available across 38 games) with them clinching the title on the very last day of the season. Of course you’re free to call that “miles off” if that floats your boat, but it kind of makes it a meaningless term.
    This is fine if you think you can do better next season. But let's be honest, it'll be City again, because they are financial cheats and they will be allowed to keep on cheating. That horrible fake football club have destroyed all semblance of competition and it's depressing.

Ollie Derbyshire

But I wasn't talking about pace, just the fact his engine was still in tact enough to even attempt to make that run, which, under the normal kamikaze system, he would have been dead on his feet by 70, as per.
    I get it, the system was what I have been asking for for a while as well, I just hope we compliment his skills with the right midfielders going forwards.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    They aren't a title winning side though. They've scraped past the worst United team in my 49 year lifetime and they still won't win the league. They are hilarious
    What's hilarious is that this worst team in your lifetime derailed the Klopp farewell tour.

Daydreamer

Supports
    Arsenal
    This is fine if you think you can do better next season. But let's be honest, it'll be City again, because they are financial cheats and they will be allowed to keep on cheating. That horrible fake football club have destroyed all semblance of competition and it's depressing.
    Oh, I definitely agree that it’s depressing. City’s have ruined our league. I’m definitely biased, but I do think it will be somewhat of a victory for football if we manage to slip by them somehow. Not Leicester or Bayer Leverkusen levels, obviously. But it would be nice to not feel that our league has ground into dust by the combined resources of a nation state.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
    Oh, I definitely agree that it’s depressing. City’s have ruined our league. I’m definitely biased, but I do think it will be somewhat of a victory for football if we manage to slip by them somehow. Not Leicester or Bayer Leverkusen levels, obviously. But it would be nice to not feel that our league has ground into dust by the combined resources of a nation state.
    I'm just grouchy because I was hoping you'd stop them getting 4 in a row. But it's just very unlikely now.

Spurs getting anything would be a miracle

Daydreamer

Supports
    Arsenal
    I'm just grouchy because I was hoping you'd stop them getting 4 in a row. But it's just very unlikely now.

Spurs getting anything would be a miracle
    It would be the most Spursy thing ever for them to get a result against City. Being Spursy at being Spursy when all your fans would prefer you to be Spursy is incredibly Spursy.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
    Supports
    The only team that matters
    It would be the most Spursy thing ever for them to get a result against City. Being Spursy at being Spursy when all your fans would prefer you to be Spursy is incredibly Spursy.
    Strangely enough, City have never scored at the Spurs stadium

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I don't have an agenda against Hojlund. I want him to succeed but there are a lot of things he needs to improve. He's a great finisher but his movement, touch and holdup play are all very poor right now imo. He's only young, so hopefully these will improve. Your point about him never getting a decent pass misses one of the most important points for a striker. A yop striker will be receiving decent chances, because they'll be creating space for themselves with their movement. The reason the likes of Haaland, Kane, Lewandowski get so many chances no matter what team they play in is because they have exceptional movement and positioning. Hojlund needs to work on this part of his game. He's very rarely in a good position to receive the ball.
    he does create space and makes good runs but as Nev pointed out in commentary, if you don' know when the ball is coming in (if it ever is), you have no idea when to make your run. I can guarantee if Becks was pinging the ball in, he'd have lots more goals but of course parts of his game could be improved

Dazzmondo

he does create space and makes good runs but as Nev pointed out in commentary, if you don' know when the ball is coming in (if it ever is), you have no idea when to make your run. I can guarantee if Becks was pinging the ball in, he'd have lots more goals but of course parts of his game could be improved
    I don't agree at all. He doesn't create space or make good runs. It's easy to just say that about literally any striker. Where are the examples of where he was in space to receive the ball in a goalscoring position yesterday? Go back through every game since his return from injury and I'd be intrigued to see what you come up with

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I don't agree at all. He doesn't create space or make good runs. It's easy to just say that about literally any striker. Where are the examples of where he was in space to receive the ball in a goalscoring position yesterday? Go back through every game since his return from injury and I'd be intrigued to see what you come up with
    well if you watch a game live you'd see it. of course TV don't show it except in analysis and Gary Nev highlighted two. If the tactic cam or player cam still existed you'd see it

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
    Supports
    The only team that matters
    Hojlund really should have worked the keeper early when he fell over. I was bleeding out of my seat ready to celebrate. :o
    He slipped, there seems to be quite a few Gerrard impersonators around these days, all tams not just United, TBH if he hadn't slipped I think he would have scored

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    He slipped, there seems to be quite a few Gerrard impersonators around these days, all tams not just United, TBH if he hadn't slipped I think he would have scored
    Was gutted when he slipped :lol: was a great chance that!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 160 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw