Kick-off
Tue, 26 December 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hughie77

RB at LB again, Reguilón on bench? Whats the point in getting a LB on loan and play Dalot there?

Rashford has to be left Garnacho right otherwise utd will be more unbalanced, Mainoo with Eriksen hope that works..

I'm not expecting much to be honest but who knows.. let's hope ..

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    RB at LB again, Reguilón on bench? Whats the point in getting a LB on loan and play Dalot there?

Rashford has to be left Garnacho right otherwise utd will be more unbalanced, Mainoo with Eriksen hope that works..

I'm not expecting much to be honest but who knows.. let's hope ..
    In the same vein - what was the point of loaning Amrabat and playing Eriksen, who can hardly run anymore?

Last edited:

next_number_seven

Nothing against Jonny, he’s been immense but it would be interesting to see Kambwala along side Varane.
    I thought he was at fault for Kudus goal last game.

A defender at the top of their game would've dealt with it. He stood off about 5 yards.

I like him though and we should never have sold him.

mancsarered

Kobbie "I've arrived" performance dropping today. It's what we'll need for 3 points anyway...

RedIan

Happy with that team, good to see ETh had the balls to bring in Erikson for Scott. Looking at the Bench i assume Shaw and Amrabat have fallen to the virus in camp.

Redderp

Pray for Eriksens legs. He just came back from injury and we put him in at CM… i really wish we would try a 3 man midfield with Eriksen and two more defensive midfielders behind him. He just doesn’t have the legs to play in a CM2.

RedIan

We are always a better team with Erikson in midfield, he isnt very mobile but he can dictate play from deeper. Im sure it will help Mainoo shine with Eriksons experience and skills alongside him.
    fingers crossed we put in a good performance.

Walters_19_MuFc

Finally drops mctominay….. a chance we finally have the right shape… hopefully eriksen deep alongside Mainoo. Although, I do worry about what Villa’s athleticism could do to us. But with the squad he’s got available, as good a midfield we could have hope for.

But he just can’t help himself by throwing in a weird decision…

Why play Dalot at LB when Reguilon is fit and on the bench?

Can’t wait for the masterclass in cutting inside and playing backwards passes from our left hand side.
    Is that really what ten Hag wants, though? I don't think he does! If so, then he'd have played Amrabat next to Mainoo whilst Eriksen and Casemiro have been out. Alternatively, he'd have told McTominay to sit in the double 6 pivot like he did under Ole with Fred. I mean, it's not as if he can't do it, but more so the instructions he's been given, hence why ten Hag brought Mount to the club, because he clearly wants a midfielder who play between the lines and make runs into the box.

Today, we'll most likely see Eriksen and Bruno pushed on with Mainoo holding, but Eriksen involved more than McTominay, giving Bruno the licence to do the running in behind, etc.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    Looks like a midfield that will get overrun by Villa's. Bailey against Dalot is a big mismatch.

Doracle

Is there any chance at all that we are playing Rashford left and Garnacho right?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
    Absolute joke Scotty isn't starting, no goal threat without him whatsoever. Where will the goals come from? Is ETH blind?

Pes6Monster

Buoyed by the midfield line-up but am concerned with the inclusion of Hojlund with no Martial on the bench. Is he thinking McT as a CF replacement?

If we are 4 nil up after eighty minutes (yeah right) we should be looking to introduce Gore and Kambwala.

Come on, United!

NoPace

Nothing against Jonny, he’s been immense but it would be interesting to see Kambwala along side Varane.
    I agree, but this lineup Ten Hag has put out screams "sit deep and don't let Villa tear us apart on the counter."

I still would probably play Kambwalla because Watkins is quick enough to give Evans trouble and Diaby/Baily both look to target left-sided CBs cutting in and they're both real agile.

stu_1992

A very attacking line up from us on paper but to course we know we won't play pole that. I do hope we may create a bit more with Eriksen in midfield, although we've lost Shaw's buildup play which is a loss. Mainoo will need to cover a lot of ground today so tough game for him.

I hoping we can pull a performance out if nowhere. It'll be interesting to see what Garnacho can do from the right side.

Chicharo

The local cable network is currently showing the highlights of the famous match from April 2009.

I don't know if it will be easier or harder for me to watch tonight's game after this

Trophy Room

We’ll get slaughtered with that midfield. If we’re playing a two then probably better to play Bruno with Marino and Erickson further forward.

The_Midfielder

Buoyed by the midfield line-up but am concerned with the inclusion of Hojlund with no Martial on the bench. Is he thinking McT as a CF replacement?

If we are 4 nil up after eighty minutes (yeah right) we should be looking to introduce Gore and Kambwala.

Come on, United!
    When was the last time we were 4-0 up?

Lash

Supports
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Best lineup we've put out in weeks. McTominay to the bench has made my Christmas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 303 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw