Manchester United vs Atletico Madrid | Build-up Thread | Return leg: March 15

0le

Oblak's been appalling this season, he's only saved something like 2/13 shots he's faced.
God mode performance against United coming up (along with some comical finishing from United). :D

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
God mode performance against United coming up (along with some comical finishing from United). :D
The stoppable force meets the moveable object :drool:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

United: 25 games played, +8 GD, 40 goals scored, 32 conceded, 43 points (12W, 7D, 6L)
Atletico: 24 games played, +8 GD, 42 goals cored, 34 conceded, 39 points (11W, 6D, 7L)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They just lost to Levante tonight, seems only logical they'll batter us now.

432JuanMata

Ronaldo is different level in the CL KO.
6 goals in 5 for us and all won us points.
He will be the difference between two sides really struggling for form

cyberman

United: 25 games played, +8 GD, 40 goals scored, 32 conceded, 43 points (12W, 7D, 6L)
Atletico: 24 games played, +8 GD, 42 goals cored, 34 conceded, 39 points (11W, 6D, 7L)
Doesn’t line up. Atletico had a good start to the season and have absolutely plummeted. It’s us this season in reverse. Would we be confident if we were facing Oles Utd next week because that’s what this is.
Edit in a much poorer league as well

croadyman

I feel like this is going to be Rangnicks 'Ole Vs PSG' moment. We play a team that have been great over the last few years/tough on paper but currently well below par, and we win. Gets made into a massive deal and in all the excitement we blow our load and make Rangnick permanent.
We make that stupid mistake yet again then deserve to miss out on Ten Hag

wise_old_man

We've lost 1 in 13 in the league. They've lost 6 in 10. We're bad but not Atletico bad.
Even if they are bad, they tend to raise their performances when it really matters (See how they still qualified after CL group stage).
And we are the biggest bottlers in the league. Big occasions scare us.
Atletico will hammer us in both legs.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can see it being a tight game. Don’t think because there having a crap season that they will be awful against us. There bound to turn up against us. It’s always the case

Judas

Open to offers
If we lose to this current Atletico over two legs it'll be the new low point of the season. They're a mess. I doubt it'll be pretty, but we must be beating them.

nainaisson

If we lose to this current Atletico over two legs it'll be the new low point of the season. They're a mess. I doubt it'll be pretty, but we must be beating them.
Their football is terrible, but they're still masters of the black arts, i.e. they'll do everything they can to get our dumber players sent off (Fred, I'm looking at you).

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Atletico is in terrible form at the moment but let's be honest, there's no opponent we've faced and after the game we can say we are better than them or we cruised in this game.
It will be tight but I just hope we will start to resemble a competitive team soon.

cyberman

I dont think it gets postponed? Isn’t it a 3-0 win for us if they can’t field a side?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Do they even have to isolate for that long? They’ll probably be fine

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They can’t defend but we can’t finish chances. It’ll be like watching an Emile Heskey highlights reel.

TheReligion

Abusive
Two awful teams battling it out. They can't defend, we can't attack. This will either be the best or the worst game of football this season. No in-between.

And I don't really know which is better: get beaten and exit the competition or win, draw Bayern/Real/PSG in the next round and get humiliated.
Jesus. Give up football mate. It’s not for you.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Jesus. Give up football mate. It’s not for you.
:lol: You do wonder what some people get out of it. It certainly has nothing to do with enjoyment.

(Unless they actually enjoy being utterly miserable, of course - which is a thing, I suppose).

TheReligion

Abusive
:lol: You do wonder what some people get out of it. It certainly has nothing to do with enjoyment.

(Unless they actually enjoy being utterly miserable, of course - which is a thing, I suppose).
Bizarre isn’t it. United in a big champions league game against a big European team and we get shit takes like that.

Raw

Kondogbia is a doubt for the 2nd leg, would be fantastic if he didn't play as he was brilliant against us.