Kick-off
Tue, 12 December 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lyng

This is going to be a very dramatic evening. We have to go for the win. But I cant see Bayern putting out a b team. After the Frankfurt disaster and their, quite frankly, bad performance against Copenhagen the fans will demand a win.
    On top of that the FCK and Gala managers, who both seem like absolutele tools of the highest order, have been at each other in the press so that match has the potential to be explosive. Both on and off the pitch.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    We are so poor, our players have so low confidence that we don't deserve to pass the group.

To be honest, if Pool wasn't in the EL I would have been happy to go there and try to win it, but this year even the EL is not winnable, so let's get out of Europe, get our shame for the next 3/4 weeks, and then we'll be able to work properly on the training field.

Having less games to play, less injuries, more time for ETH to implement his things.

I still hope that with Casemiro, Licha we'll be better, but we also need Rashford to step up.

Anyway, we'll lose

red_de_pologne

Hard fought victory with Hojlund scoring a winner against Bayern, only for his younger brother to seal it for Copenhagen in 96th minute - I don't expect anything else.

MiracleInMadrid

Galatasaray and FCK will draw, and so will we in a horrible game of football. We fans will be left extremely frustrated once again.

Unam333

Of the three scenarios possible, that's the best one for us?

The Best - We win, the other game is a draw and we qualify for the knockouts as the second placed team.

Slightly worse - We lose and finish last in the group and don't have a chance of entering the dreaded Europa..

The absolutely fecking worst - We win, there is a winner in the other game, we finish 3rd and enter Europa.
    I made a mistake. A draw in the other game is the best possible result, you're correct. Either Copenhagen or Galatasaray should lose and us winning is the best outcome.

plex

The loss against Frankfurt last weekend just means that Bayern absolutely can't afford to lose, hence a draw is the bare minimum. Though, I also don't think that they will go all out since the game against Stuttgart on Sunday is more important. In any case, I don't see Bayern starting with a B-Team.

GregM40

It has to be this line up, otherwise Ten Hag is putting himself in serious trouble.
    Going off the presser it seems nailed on Mctominay will start. Appreciate his goal input but personally don’t think he’s up to it in midfield, at least not as an 8.

backpass

Bayern can easily be beaten this time.

The had a draw against Kopenhagen. Lost 1:5 to Frankfurt. Play today Man Utd and have on the weekend the extremly important game vs Stuttgart.

While not getting a result vs Man Utd might cause trouble due to 3 games in a row without win.
    A loss or even a draw against Stuttgart, which is in my opinion quite likely, would be a desaster.
    The focus this time will not be on the game today.

On top, the defense is super shaky, especially the side with Mazraoui and Upamecano is so weak. Mazraoui goes often offensive and plays the ball straight at the opponents. And then you have Upamecano to cover behind him which is a recipt for disaster.
    If Man Utd can atack this side properly, I see Man Utd taking 3 points from that game.

HTG

Supports
    Bayern
    Bayern can easily be beaten this time.

The had a draw against Kopenhagen. Lost 1:5 to Frankfurt. Play today Man Utd and have on the weekend the extremly important game vs Stuttgart.

While not getting a result vs Man Utd might cause trouble due to 3 games in a row without win.
    A loss or even a draw against Stuttgart, which is in my opinion quite likely, would be a desaster.
    The focus this time will not be on the game today.

On top, the defense is super shaky, especially the side with Mazraoui and Upamecano is so weak. Mazraoui goes often offensive and plays the ball straight at the opponents. And then you have Upamecano to cover behind him which is a recipt for disaster.
    If Man Utd can atack this side properly, I see Man Utd taking 3 points from that game.
    I don’t disagree that we can be beaten. But there will be a focus on that game. That’s just how Bayern works. You don’t lose 5:1 to Frankfurt without giving everything you have against an opponent like United a few days later. This game is important. Not because of points or anything. But because of prestige.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
    Of the three scenarios possible, that's the best one for us?

The Best - We win, the other game is a draw and we qualify for the knockouts as the second placed team.

Slightly worse - We lose and finish last in the group and don't have a chance of entering the dreaded Europa..

The absolutely fecking worst - We win, there is a winner in the other game, we finish 3rd and enter Europa.
    what if we grind out a horrible 0-0 draw and Gala win does that mean we also limp into Europa with 1 single win?

Gordon Godot

My preference is to see us out of Europe all together. We also are not qualifying next year. That sends a message to Glazers about the mess we are in. If Radcliffe deal goes through it gives opportunity for a full reset and sign players that want to come here.

ToToMarshall

I can't see everything we need to get us through tonight happening, but I think I'd rather be in the Europa League than be out of Europe altogether tonight

Oranges038

Think it will be 2 draws in the group tonight.

2-2 Utd game
    3-3 in the other game

laughtersassassin

I have to admit it would be very "United" to actually win this one but still go out due to how we fecked up every other game in the group.

tomaldinho1

This is going to be a very dramatic evening. We have to go for the win. But I cant see Bayern putting out a b team. After the Frankfurt disaster and their, quite frankly, bad performance against Copenhagen the fans will demand a win.
    On top of that the FCK and Gala managers, who both seem like absolutele tools of the highest order, have been at each other in the press so that match has the potential to be explosive. Both on and off the pitch.
    I think the hope is they are 2nd in the BL and their game this weekend is Stuttgart who are 3rd and a point behind them so they should rest players. 4 points behind Leverkusen with a game in hand, they would be mad to field a full strength side purely for show against us.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    Its not even up to us, if Bayern decide to turn up, we're toast. In fact, if any team plays half decent football against us, they win.

Kaizane

This is it.

After 10 years of struggle, all we've amounted to is fluffing Bayern before they go and pump the group stages, while we disappear back into the shadows.

Chumpsbechumps

I’m not confident in any meaningful way at all but for some reason I’m excited to see what sort of drama we are gonna get tonight. It’s like car crash stuff with United at the moment, it’s hard to look away and in some weird way makes every game interesting, if not in the ways we would like.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    I just don't see how we win this game, irrespective of what happens elsewhere.

There is too much heat on Onana for him to go and put in any kind of performance, and we have one of the least capable midfields in the top European leagues, so to come up against these guys after that spanking from Bournemouth...it could really be something.

It's my first ever CL game, but I've only ever seen us win/progress in Europa League games I've attended before so it's a new record for EtH to destroy.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    Miracles do happen. I mean Saudi Arabia did beat Argentina at a World Cup, so football can be unpredictable sometimes.

KD6-3.7

I would rather us not go into the Europa League again so i wouldn’t be to bothered if we lose this one, even if we somehow miraculously to get through to the round of 16 we have been nothing short of an embarrassment in the group stage and don’t even deserve to go through.

stefan92

Supports
    Hannover 96
    I think the hope is they are 2nd in the BL and their game this weekend is Stuttgart who are 3rd and a point behind them so they should rest players. 4 points behind Leverkusen with a game in hand, they would be mad to field a full strength side purely for show against us.
    They are playing on Sunday, resting players on Tuesday for that really isn't necessary. And they are yet to show a convincing performance in the CL this year, the pressure is on at Bayern.

tomaldinho1

They are playing on Sunday, resting players on Tuesday for that really isn't necessary. And they are yet to show a convincing performance in the CL this year, the pressure is on at Bayern.
    Feel like Tuchel might start getting the sack calls with a loss on Sun. If they play a B team tonight I don't think anyone will care. Most players will have some kind of minor knock or some kind of fatigue by now, giving them a week off would be very useful no matter how you look at it.

Hughes35

I see Bayern being in second gear, giving us hope to win before ultimately losing the game as Bayern up the gears late on to get the win.

We're a team of weak mentality and lack of quality which we will see yet again tonight.

Hope I'm very wrong.

HTG

Supports
    Bayern
    Feel like Tuchel might start getting the sack calls with a loss on Sun. If they play a B team tonight I don't think anyone will care. Most players will have some kind of minor knock or some kind of fatigue by now, giving them a week off would be very useful no matter how you look at it.
    Everyone will care. It’s a prestigious game. So the expectation is to win. Even more so after the loss to Frankfurt.

stefan92

Supports
    Hannover 96
    They had a ten day rest before their disaster on Saturday and lots of people agreed that a lack of rhythm played a role in that. Conclusion of that would be they need to play to get into their rhythm again.

On top of that the first shy calls to sack him are already there, every bad match will only increase that. Same goes for players, several of them are under a lot of public pressure to prove their worth now and essentially are on probation now.

There is absolutely no way that Bayern will not take this match seriously in this situation, but there is a chance that they struggle in this situation as they sometimes did in recent years (and which is the only reason why they have to care about this match now).

The Irish Connection

Thought Bayern were lucky to win in the last game. They don’t look that great to be honest. But we’re still a level below.
    I’m just going to watch it casually and see what happens.

lex talionis

If this is intended as sarcasm then it's better to try and go for top 4 without too many games accumulating every week. Helps with the injuries too. There's still time to pull our shit together and go for 4th.
    Sarcasm indeed it was. Say we beat Bayern and actually go forward in the CL. There is no universe in which that would be a terrible thing for United. Even if we’re decimated by injuries then we go with Gore, Shoretire or whoever else we’ve got left on the bench afsinst Real Madrid and go out like men, not mice.

sugar_kane

We can beat these, they're not doing that great under Tuchel and have nothing to play for. The problem is the likelihood of a draw happening in the other game as well is fairly unlikely.

Liverpool at Anfield on the other hand - not a fecking chance.

hobbers

Onana
    AWB Maguire Evans Shaw
    Amrabat Mainoo
    Bruno McT Garnacho
    Hojlund

What we should be doing is proper sit deep, hit them on the counter stuff, and hope McT poaches a couple.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
    I know we don't deserve it but could we for once just have some luck once in a whole decade? It's just punch after punch with us. Give us something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 172 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win
  • Draw