Kick-off
Tue, 12 December 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Offsideagain

Just finished painting a small bedroom. I think I'll sit and watch the paint dry rather than watch the slaughter at OT tonight. I hope we miss the Europa League slot too and concentrate on trying to finish in the top four. Tonights match will be like all other matches at OT over the last few seasons. Bayern will press high with energy and stifle what midfield we have, waltz through it at their leisure and have a gazzilion chances. ETH will pick out some positives from the match as usual, the ones only he can see. I hope I am very wrong.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
    Just finished painting a small bedroom. I think I'll sit and watch the paint dry rather than watch the slaughter at OT tonight. I hope we miss the Europa League slot too and concentrate on trying to finish in the top four. Tonights match will be like all other matches at OT over the last few seasons. Bayern will press high with energy and stifle what midfield we have, waltz through it at their leisure and have a gazzilion chances. ETH will pick out some positives from the match as usual, the ones only he can see. I hope I am very wrong.
    If you already finished painting then the paint will be dry by the time the match starts, mate. Better go paint another room.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Part of me thinks we could get a win here.. and part of me thinks we'll play like a bunch of twats and be made to look stupid again. I'm pretty sure kane will score if he plays

HTG

Supports
    Bayern
    But what do you think is more important for Bayern . Coming back after 2 bad results vs Man Utd or the game vs Stuttgart on Sunday.
    It doesn’t matter. The expectation is to win both games.

Zen

If anyone is daring to bet on United to qualify..... at almost every bookie, the double of United winning and the draw elsewhere is marginally better odds, just an fyi. :)

stefan92

Supports
    Hannover 96
    Can someone remind me the improbable scenario that needs to unfold tonight for us to make it through?
    United needs to win, other match needs to be a draw, then United will be second and stay in the CL

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    It's been shown time and time again that the requirement of Champions League football in order to attract good players is a myth.
    So you want us to throw money at everything. Something that has worked so well for us in the past?

ayushreddevil9

Nothing to do with faith. It is no way unusual for a club supporter to want the club he supports to win a football match, especially if it means progressing in a cup. It is highly unusual, in fact disgraceful, for a club supporter to want us to lose a football match under the belief that since we can't win the cup anyway, why bother trying.

The exception would be that if winning a match would enable Liverpool to qualify for the CL, but I apart from there is no ethical justification for throwing a football match if it meant the difference between crashing out of the CL or progressing in the CL.
    I don't see it as being anything remotely close to disgraceful if a supporter takes a loss for long term betterment. Something you fail to see when someone posts about why they would take a loss.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Bayern will want to bounce back from their thrashing on the weekend.

We're incapable of doing the same regarding ours.

Himannv

Bayern feel like a team that have problems themselves. Their midfield has been just as easy to bypass as ours has. With the right team and tactics we can potentially beat them, but I'm just not sure ETH can make the necessary changes. Tuchel is in the same boat really - he's got his own tactical issues to sort out.

ayushreddevil9

Expectations at United have fallen off a cliff to the point that some fans can no longer comprehend responses like this.
    I can comprehend. I haven't lowered my expectations from this club.

RedDevilRoshi

Honestly I can’t see anything other than a comfortable Bayern thrashing as they will want to bounce back from that unusual hammering they received from Frankfurt at the weekend. I wish I could say the same thing about us but I just do not trust this lot to respond.

Onana

AWB - Varane - Maguire - Shaw

McTominay - Mainoo

Antony - B.Fernandes - Garnacho

Højlund​

Bayindir, Dalot, Evans, Reguilon, Gore, Amrabat, Hannibal, VDB, Pellistri, Martial, Hugill, Rashford

Manchester United 0-4 Bayern Munich

IncyWincySpider

Had a dream last night that Hannibal scored and we won, so at least my subconscious is optimistic. Not sure why it thinks Hannibal will be playing though.

Reactions: Cheimoon

djembatheking

Looking forward to this, nothing to lose really. We`ve got to go for it and hope for the best in the other game.

NLunited

I see the pessimism is back. We just lost badly which might help us with this game.

We could have won the other game against them, if there had been less mistakes. Wasn’t it 4-3?

redmanc

We will throw everything at it tonight, hearts on sleeves and all that cliche shit, but even still not enough quality to beat Bayern, narrowly missing out on qualifying. When the reality is if we applied the same effort to all our other games like I expect tonight, we would probably have qualified already.

always_hoping

I don’t mind us getting into Europa. After all it’s another chance for a European trophy, albeit a tough one with some good teams involved this season. However, it might be our only chance to get CL as we don’t seem to be improving to get top 4
    Agreed. Worked that way in 2017 and might be needed again this season.

Liverpool of course the clear favourites to win the Europa league but how serious will they take the knock out stages if they remain top of the league?

Bayern haven't lost a group champions league game for over six years so at best I'm expecting a draw for United tonight and that would mean United would need Galatasaray to win in order to play in Europa league next spring.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    The team will pull out a Oleball round of preventing the manager from getting sacked. 4-0 win.

tomaldinho1

The only thing left for Onana to do is be sent off or score/assist. Maybe we'll see both tonight.

suheilsworld

Agreed. Worked that way in 2017 and might be needed again this season.

Liverpool of course the clear favourites to win the Europa league but how serious will they take the knock out stages if they remain top of the league?

Bayern haven't lost a group champions league game for over six years so at best I'm expecting a draw for United tonight and that would mean United would need Galatasaray to win in order to play in Europa league next spring.
    Looks like Sevilla will not be making it to the Europa league as wel, so that a plus

red_de_pologne

Honestly, I believe we will try and attack with intent and press high in the first 15 minutes, only to concede from a counter. Just can't see us winning this. Which is just as well, because I don't see a draw in the other game neither.

Red_Aaron

We'll start pretty well, create chances but not score then we'll give away the softest of goals from bayerns first attack

From that point on we'll huff and puff but they'll keep us at arms length scoring again within minutes of us getting an equaliser

Game will eventually peter out once the result elsewhere becomes clear

Chumpsbechumps

Part of me thinks we could get a win here.. and part of me thinks we'll play like a bunch of twats and be made to look stupid again. I'm pretty sure kane will score if he plays
    Twat mode 1/5
    v
    Where the f**k did that come from mode 5-1
    v
    Both modes at different times in the same game 1/1

FerociousCorgis

honestly the thing that prob happen is we get the win and then there is a late winner in the other game to knock us over to europa. Then people start to argue whether we should prioritize europa or top 4, and we get bounced from europa anyways right away.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
    As much as I'm not enjoying it much these days I will watch again. Should we be happy with Europa? We might not get Champions League next year or even after that for a while.

Strelok

Hope Mainoo starts today so the lad can breath some CL air. Might be quite a long time until he would have another chance I think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 172 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win
  • Draw