Kick-off
Sat, 18 December 2021 @ 12:30pm GMT
Status

Not Yet Started

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ................VS....................

Date: Saturday, December 18 2021
    Kickoff Time: 1230 Hrs GMT
    Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester

League standings and form guide

5. Manchester United: LDWWW
    12. Brighton & Hove Albion: DLDDD

Previous League Meetings

Manchester United 2—1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton & Hove Albion 2—3 Manchester United

Brighton & Hove Albion 0—3 Manchester United

Manchester United 3—1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Manchester United 2—1 Brighton & Hove Albion

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 11
    Brighton & Hove Albion wins: 3
    Draws: 2

Pre-Match Pressers

Ralf Rangnick

Graham Potter

Team News

Manchester United

Brighton & Hove Albion

Know the opposition

Brighton & Hove Albion (nicknamed The Seagulls and Albion) are a professional football club based in Brighton & Hove. The club was first formed as Brighton & Hove United on 24 June 1901, and the name was quickly changed to Brighton & Hove Albion. The club took the place of a defunct club, Brighton & Hove Rover, in the Southern League In the Southern League they won their only national honour to date, the FA Charity Shield, by defeating Football League Champions Aston Villa in 1910. There had previously been Old Brightonians, representing the area in the FA Cup in the 19th Century. The club initially played at the Hove County Ground, with a few games were also at Goldstone Ground that was used by Hove F.C. From 1902 onwards, Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. and Hove F.C. shared the Gladstone Ground. In 1920, 19 years after the club was formed, they were elected to the Football League's new Third Division.

Mismanagement brought Brighton close to relegation from the Football League to the Conference which they narrowly avoided in 1997 and 1998. A boardroom takeover saved Brighton from liquidation, and following successive promotions they returned to the second tier of English football in 2002, from then on playing in the second and third tiers of English football until the conclusion of the 2016-17 season, where the club earned promotion to the Premier League for the first time in their history, marking the end of a 34-year absence from the top flight. Bighton's fans consider Crystal Palace to be their biggest rival with matches between them termed the M23 derby, and they play their home games at Falmer Stadium.

Referee

Familiar Faces

N/A.​

UTD_Since_1978

Has to be postponed, doesn't it? I mean, people don't get over Covid in 4 days, do they?

Jacob

Reasonable to force United to play without the infected players? I think so.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
    Would people prefer a postpone and go with the whole first team well and ready or prefer to just try out best with a new bunch of youth?

Mr. Ant

Do we know how many players are infected? In 4 days since the rumors started the club will have a pretty good idea if we have enough fit players to play the game.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    Haven’t read anything about who actually has covid and how many players - any new info on that?

UTD_Since_1978

Do we know how many players are infected? In 4 days since the rumors started the club will have a pretty good idea if we have enough fit players to play the game.
    If we have enough fit players for Brighton, why do we not have enough fit players for Brentford tonight?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Their fanbase has become one of the most entitled in the country. Booing off their own team for being 8th in the Premier League. They need to be reminded they support Brighton and fecking Hove, not some sort of underperforming sleeping giant. We need to put these ungrateful pricks in their place.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
    12.30 kick off too I think, I cant see this game going ahead.

Ixion

If the tweet I saw that said we had 4 positive player tests and the rest remain clear then I think it's completely fair for this to go ahead.

Mr. Ant

If we have enough fit players for Brighton, why do we not have enough fit players for Brentford tonight?
    My guess is since the training ground was closed the club didn't want to risk anything. They probably tested everyone but you need more time to find out if someone won't test positive let's say tomorrow.

We'll see what happens with the Brighton game. If there is any risk they should postpone the game obviously.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
    My guess is since the training ground was closed the club didn't want to risk anything. They probably tested everyone but you need more time to find out if someone won't test positive let's say tomorrow.

We'll see what happens with the Brighton game. If there is any risk they should postpone the game obviously.
    Incubation time is longer than a day.

Red00012

I want this to go ahead it’s for pure personal selfish reasons but ya play this game.

Cantonagotmehere

I hope everyone stays healthy. Please play. Please.

I really look forward to the games now.

There are bazzilion ways we could read into the tests/cases...if it's anything like dealing with these issues at my children's school. No-one is an expert here. Let's just see how it plays out and hope they make common sense decisions.

HailtotheKing

We have a HUGE squad. We should be equipped to play this game. But yeah, not really very fair on Brighton if they play while we rest. I see new measures have been put in place but do they mention anything about conditions for game cancellations? Otherwise, we just set a precedent for everyone to copy and Christmas fixtures will be a mess. I hope the game goes ahead. Christmas without footy is undrinkable.

BootsyCollins

I think this will go ahead. The Brentford match was more about the us not beeing able to practice before the match, than having players out imo
    The rules states that if we have 14 players from the first squad we must play i think?

RUCK4444

Don’t see how anything is remedied by Saturday to make sufficient difference compared to having to cancel tonight’s tbh.

If we haven’t trained propely and have players missing this is a massive banana skin, it is at the best of times.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    If this goes ahead, I'll be out getting the booster the morning of the game so thoroughly expect @Samid to overtake me in lineups game as he'll be caught up on any potential lineup leaks/squad news whereas I'll be in the dark.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    If this goes ahead, I'll be out getting the booster the morning of the game so thoroughly expect @Samid to overtake me in lineups game as he'll be caught up on any potential lineup leaks/squad news whereas I'll be in the dark.
    Weird flex but ok

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    I've missed two deadlines already this season.

Our reign as the top dogs is over. We couldn't keep pace with the new gen of predictors.

mattunited1978

doommonger
    If theres four or five positive and the rest ok, then play the fecking game. Some absolute fannys in football, this board included. So feck if trainings disrupted a touch. If its safe to play the game..play it.

Longshanks

I don't think its as simple as that, I think the club wanted time to ensure there hadn't been a spread through the group, testing and waiting for results takes a little time and with that then disrupting preparations for the game it was only sensible to call the game off.

Should have a better lay of the land by tomorrow see of the infection has spread from the original cases amongst the group or if they have managed to contain it.

Hopefully they have contained it and if there is just a small number of players affected than there is no reason for the game not to go ahead.

Ludens the Red

Wait wait, people are cheating in the line up game?
    And you’re a mod? …. Disgrace .

Bondi77

Their fanbase has become one of the most entitled in the country. Booing off their own team for being 8th in the Premier League. They need to be reminded they support Brighton and fecking Hove, not some sort of underperforming sleeping giant. We need to put these ungrateful pricks in their place.
    They are supporting their local side and paying for the privilege....they can do whatever they want and that includes having ambition.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Wait wait, people are cheating in the line up game?
    And you’re a mod? …. Disgrace .
    It's a line-up prediction buddy. Apart from kids does anybody even care about that sort of thing?
    If people want to cheat or use leaked squads, let them - they aren't doing harm to anybody.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 31% Man Utd 2:0 Brighton
  • 22% Man Utd 3:0 Brighton
  • 15% Man Utd 2:1 Brighton
  • 10% Man Utd 1:0 Brighton
  • 7% Man Utd 1:1 Brighton
  • 3% Man Utd 0:0 Brighton
  • 3% Man Utd 4:0 Brighton
  • 3% Man Utd 5:0 Brighton
  • 2% Man Utd 0:2 Brighton
  • 2% Man Utd 5:2 Brighton
  • 2% Man Utd 5:4 Brighton
Compiled from 59 predictions.
Show more results Score Predictions League Table

Your Lineup Prediction

Submissions are now closed. There were 50 predictions.

You can predict the lineup for the next match once the current match is finished.