Kick-off
Sat, 27 April 2024 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

Can see him getting a cameo last game, has been here a long time and was a fan favourite for his early years.

Given the injury issues Mount and Licha have had, I'd rather not see them back for a while to be honest, let's be over cautious on rehab for once.

lex talionis

Can see him getting a cameo last game, has been here a long time and was a fan favourite for his early years.

Given the injury issues Mount and Licha have had, I'd rather not see them back for a while to be honest, let's be over cautious on rehab for once.
    Agreed, no sense in them being rushed back. A stoppage time cameo for Martial, even if he has to be stretchered onto the pitch, is perfectly acceptable.

Raven

Martial was great, used to love watching him play, shame injuries have ruined him. Just surprised he's back is all.

didz

Martial was great, used to love watching him play, shame injuries have ruined him. Just surprised he's back is all.
    Especially considering we've already played Everton twice. I think that's the only match he enjoys these days.

Had they gone down, he might have gotten himself to a Championship club just to take the piss.

tomaldinho1

Agreed, no sense in them being rushed back. A stoppage time cameo for Martial, even if he has to be stretchered onto the pitch, is perfectly acceptable.
    Carried around a lap of OT on the physio table, like some Roman Emperor of olden times.

always_hoping

Mad how football works. We are literally all really hoping he's available!
    Having two fit and natural centre backs seems to be luxury for Man United this season. He's not available so another game playing out of form midfielder at centre back.

peridigm

Just installed a new 75" TV and upgraded to 4k service. Would be nice to see a classic United performance.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
    Just installed a new 75" TV and upgraded to 4k service. Would be nice to see a classic United performance.
    You just wanted to tell everyone you got a fancy new tv didn’t you?

I get it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    3-0

Bruno, Hojlund x2

Teja

I know Martial is alive and still with us, but i had to read it again anyway. Martial back, maybe with a cute little cameo for the last 5 min of the season. Like a new signing
    Just realized we'll save about 1M a week if we get rid of Martial, Varane and Casemiro.

Gordon S

Just realized we'll save about 1M a week if we get rid of Martial, Varane and Casemiro.
    Yeah, you have to sit down comfortably and hold someone you love to digest facts like this.

TheRedHearted

Can anyone help- I was living in LA and now I’m back in NYC/ Long Island area but game times shill so PDT for me. Anyway to change ?

Woziak

We actually have a good chance of scraping a draw against Burnley.
    Whilst I agree this is no Gimme with how inconsistent we are, this really is a must win game if want to close out 6th place, We need at least 9/10 points from last 5 games to make sure of 6th.

I genuinely think the management have told ETH that if he wins the FA Cup and comes 6th he’ll get a final season, and even if that does happen they’ll change their mind and probably go for Tuchel, has PL experience will expect to make top 4, tactically cute and may win his 2nd CL by then!

lex talionis

Whilst I agree this is no Gimme with how inconsistent we are, this really is a must win game if want to close out 6th place, We need at least 9/10 points from last 5 games to make sure of 6th.

I genuinely think the management have told ETH that if he wins the FA Cup and comes 6th he’ll get a final season, and even if that does happen they’ll change their mind and probably go for Tuchel, has PL experience will expect to make top 4, tactically cute and may win his 2nd CL by then!
    The players and the manager need to treat this as a must win for the reason you've just articulated. Players who are in form must start and players out of form must be benched unless there is no other choice due to injuries.

Beyond that, of our 16 PL victories so far this season off the top of my head I can only think of two wins that were fully deserved and of the other 14 we deserved to draw or lose most of those matches.

To paraphrase a former PM, I'd like to see us finally deserve victory.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I think ETH hopes for them to have a run in preparation for the final

Hester_manc

I always fear facing a team just below the relegation zone who have a chance of rescue with a few games left. They will always fight for their lives and give everything. We will not have that motivation, as the season is effectively over for us, and we will at most get Europa League football for next season.

I therefore believe that Burnley will play "above their ability" and have a great chance of getting points against out-of-form United.

.....................Onana...........
    AWB.Casemiro.Maguire.Dalot
    ...............McT.......Mainoo........
    ....................Bruno..............
    Amad............................Garnacho
    ...................Højlund.................

It ends in a draw: 1-1

Bestofthebest

The way we have struggled against Luton, Notts Forest, Sheffield Utd and Burnley, even when winning doesn’t bode well. But I am being optimistic and hoping for a clear and dominant win today. Must not be feeling too well.☺☺

Fingeredmouse

Despicable if true.
    It's true. Bob Lord was a massive cnut and basically was Burnley. They've a stand named after him.

For some reason, I can't seem to post links, but there's a great Guardian article on him from a few years ago that you can dig out if you want to read more.

Chumpsbechumps

The funny thing with today is that spurs now have Arsenal , Chelsea and Liverpool in their next 3 games. We have Burnley and Palace.

We win them both and we are one point behind spurs. Spurs will have a game in hand and whatever points they get from these games. They could get 0 points or maybe a few but we really could be only a couple of points off spurs going into the Arsenal game and spurs still have a city game to play

I’ve always thought if we can just put some pressure on spurs , that as bad as we’ve been, their form could entirely collapse.

Wouldn’t bet a penny on United to do enough to get us 5th, but it is weird how we could potentially squeeze a top 5 if our team just focused for last few games.

Flying high

The funny thing with today is that spurs now have Arsenal , Chelsea and Liverpool in their next 3 games. We have Burnley and Palace.

We win them both and we are one point behind spurs. Spurs will have a game in hand and whatever points they get from these games. They could get 0 points or maybe a few but we really could be only a couple of points off spurs going into the Arsenal game and spurs still have a city game to play

I’ve always thought if we can just put some pressure on spurs , that as bad as we’ve been, their form could entirely collapse.

Wouldn’t bet a penny on United to do enough to get us 5th, but it is weird how we could potentially squeeze a top 5 if our team just focused for last few games.
    I think we'll win today, but the rest of our games are quite tricky. There's no way we win all of them.

Red Royal

3 hours from kick off amd only page 2 of the discussion. Our season really has fallen apart. Will still follow this hoping that we can play amazing football (against a poor team).

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” :confused::nervous:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    It's true. Bob Lord was a massive cnut and basically was Burnley. They've a stand named after him.

For some reason, I can't seem to post links, but there's a great Guardian article on him from a few years ago that you can dig out if you want to read more.
    Thanks for the info.

Stadjer

The way we have struggled against Luton, Notts Forest, Sheffield Utd and Burnley, even when winning doesn’t bode well. But I am being optimistic and hoping for a clear and dominant win today. Must not be feeling too well.☺☺
    We can have both. We were dominant for major parts against against Sheffield and Coventry but still struggled to win in the end :drool:

always_hoping

At the time a lot of cranky old men in suits weren't too pleased by Man United with their decision to push ahead and to play in European Cup. Chelsea was to be the first team to play in the European Cup but the Football League denied them the opportunity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 162 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw