Kick-off
Sat, 24 November 2018 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 6 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Flying_Heckfish

While Mourinho is manager it's honestly not worth bothering about, it's so broken that it can't be fixed until we go in a different direction. I watch in complete acceptance we're going to be terrible, just the way it is.
    Yep, exactly the situation as it was with LvG, nothing we can do but hope for change

0le

Getting a clean sheet and a point still exceeded my expectations.

Bola

And there were some deluded posters pre-match who were saying that the cafe was overreacting at the team selection.

moodyred

We drew against mighty Crystal Palace. One step forward.
    Liverpool win by 3, City by 4. oh...they are sprinting away while we move one step.

steffyr2

We have the most un-athletic group of players. And they don't have the skill to make up for the fact that they're slow, can't jump, can't turn, no quickness.

Sort of amazing. Martial, for example, has the turning radius of a semi. Young just doesn't have it anymore, no one on the right hand side at all.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
    The fanbase and particularly OT needs to step up and stop accepting this complete and utter bullshit.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
    United and Barrow AFC
    Clueless. At home to Palace and they have the better chances. Never been vocal about Mourinho's position but enough is enough, count me in on the Jose out bandwagon. Unacceptable.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
    Scout
    Poor showing overall. If Palace knew how to actually shoot, we would have lost that game. Even when it opened up at the end, I thought Palace were more likely to score.

It would be nice if we showed some attacking intent and intensity for more than the last ten minutes of a match. And even when we were are throwing things forward, its just lump it forward and hope the ball comes down for us.

Full-time

That is the first time Crystal Palace have picked up at least a point at Old Trafford in the league since 1989, where they won 2:1.

youmeletsfly

I don’t blame Jose for not closing the gap on City. I don’t even blame him for not having us above Liverpool.

However struggling to beat teams who are clearly the worst in the league such as Palace and Newcastle just isn’t good enough. Our squad isn’t title winning quality but it’s good enough. He should be doing better.
    But who do you blame for the almost half a billion that he spent and our team can't string 10 passes together?

Who do you blame for Fred, Andreas and Alexis warming the bench when Matic, Lukaku and others stink the place?

He's our best shot at top4 until the end of the season tho, but hell nawl he's not the right man for this job.

It's depressing.

R'hllor

Fans booing when we finally got clean sheet after how many games, disgraceful bunch, they should sing JM`s name like they are done in the past.

moodyred

Lindelof finally improving in his play and what happens? Injured. Go figure.

Tonjo

Time to use the youngsters. The oldies are all very poor today.
    How to be top four if cannot even score at home.

Andersons Dietician

Happy I didn't watch it now.

Don't need to see the match to know that:
    Lukaku was shite, probably caught offside about 10 times and fluffed a clear chance.
    Matic was garbage.
    Young was garbage.
    Darmian was garbage.
    Lingard was garbage.
    Mata a waste of space on the wing.
    Martial not involved enough.

Am I wrong anywhere?
    Few places but mostly right.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
    United and Barrow AFC
    Happy I didn't watch it now.

Don't need to see the match to know that:
    Lukaku was shite, probably caught offside about 10 times and fluffed a clear chance.
    Matic was garbage.
    Young was garbage.
    Darmian was garbage.
    Lingard was garbage.
    Mata a waste of space on the wing.
    Martial not involved enough.

Am I wrong anywhere?
    No, nail on head

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    But who do you blame for the almost half a billion that he spent and our team can't string 10 passes together?

Who do you blame for Fred, Andreas and Alexis warming the bench when Matic, Lukaku and others stink the place?

He's our best shot at top4 until the end of the season tho, but hell nawl he's not the right man for this job.

It's depressing.
    Also Jose

r0663664

Worships Man City
    I hope to see next generation on Man Utd players. Maybe I will come back in 10 years time.

Pogba - not good enough
    Lukaku - not too enough
    Rashford - not improving
    Lingard - obviously never Utd standard
    Sanchez - a shadow of a former player
    Young - pass it
    Rojo - always injure
    Darmine - why is he still here?
    Mata - good fellow but not suitable
    Valencia - no longer can cross
    Martial - doesn't want to be here
    Smalling - underperform
    Bailly - shaky

What a squad!

Red Viking

This United team are just a very poor team in all aspects football. We need changes on all levels as currently we are failling on the pitch, management and on the board level as well and that needs consequences for every one involved as failure can not be rewarded or risk the loser culture to grow even more entrenched at the club.

Glaswegian

Lucky that Crystal Palace have no composure at all in front of goal there, otherwise that would have been a defeat today.

Everything just bounces off Lukaku, was giving the big man the benefit of the doubt for a while but he is rotten. I'd play an academy player over him.

2Bullish

A lot of posters saying all our players were shite, not really nail on head but almost. The fact remains, a team of players do not become shite overnight on masse, there is only one reason this ever happens in football and the blame lies solely with the manager. Mourihno is finished, hes a clueless twat that still clings onto a system that does not work in the modern game as its been found out and Mourihno, has been found out. Add to that hes now more critical and abrasive to his players, worked in earlier times, does not work now as the players now have all the power. He cannot deal with the new player power meta as his ego will not allow it. We will not reach top 4, not even close. This season is going to be a disaster as I cannot see the board sanctioning spending big money in January to save a sinking ship. I never thought I would say this but we are not top 4 material, we are just not. Breaks my heart.

Glaswegian

A lot of posters saying all our players were shite, not really nail on head but almost. The fact remains, a team of players do not become shite overnight on masse, there is only one reason this ever happens in football and the blame lies solely with the manager. Mourihno is finished, hes a clueless twat that still clings onto a system that does not work in the modern game as its been found out and Mourihno, has been found out. Add to that hes now more critical and abrasive to his players, worked in earlier times, does not work now as the players now have all the power. He cannot deal with the new player power meta as his ego will not allow it. We will not reach top 4, not even close. This season is going to be a disaster as I cannot see the board sanctioning spending big money in January to save a sinking ship. I never thought I would say this but we are not top 4 material, we are just not. Breaks my heart.
    I agree, but the problem is, most of them are mercenaries. They don't give a damn, a handful of them care but the rest don't.

mav_9me

I don't even think we have played particularly badly.

We've defended well, got the ball forward quickly and got in some good attacking positions.

It's like we have hardly ever played together though.
    We created one chance which was Lukaku header.

2Bullish

I agree, but the problem is, most of them are mercenaries. They don't give a damn, a handful of them care but the rest don't.
    Your wrong, mercenaries as you call them, want to win, they do not want to lose. When the whole team is poor the managers tactics and man management are not working, so the players want to leave, they then become mercenaries but they are not really, they are winners and they know when their manager cant cut it to help them achieve their goals. Happened at Chelsea, now us. Our mediocre players don't care, they want the paycheck but our best players want to win because they are the elite and they want their trophies. Mourihno has to go, today was the last straw for me, his tactics, subs were awful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 287 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw