Kick-off
Sat, 2 October 2021 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JuriM

No game midweek. I can’t see him not wanting to start. He’s also so economical in the play right now. He’s not a marauding winger anymore so the onus will be on the midfield to be working hard.

Everton have similar issues. Their midfield is suffering from injuries but their AMs are strong. I’m expecting a far wider game. Will come down to defensive resolve
    It's international break time after this weekend.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Ole is really lucky as a manager isnt he. Faced Newcastle without Wilson, West Ham without Antonio and now Everton without DCL + Richarlson

VinzentFTW

Supports
    Liverpool
    Predicting:

---------------De Gea----------------
    Bisakka--Varane-Lindelof---Shaw
    -----------------McFred--------------------
    --------------------Bruno--------------------
    Greenwood--Ronaldo-------Pogba

Wanting to see:

--------------------De Gea----------------
    ----------------Matic--Pogba----------------
    ----------------------Bruno----------------------
    Greenwood--Ronaldo-------Sancho

RedTiger

Half mast
    Predicting:

---------------De Gea----------------
    -----------------McFred--------------------
    --------------------Bruno--------------------
    Greenwood--Ronaldo-------Pogba

Wanting to see:

--------------------De Gea----------------
    ----------------Matic--Pogba----------------
    ----------------------Bruno----------------------
    Greenwood--Ronaldo-------Sancho
    Agree with both line-ups

Shimo

Ole is really lucky as a manager isnt he. Faced Newcastle without Wilson, West Ham without Antonio and now Everton without DCL + Richarlson
    More like unlucky in this case as he will still muck it up. More so because he won't adjust to however they break them down with however, setup. With their strikers, at least they'd attack giving us a chance the one thing we do well, counter. But, breaking down a team that will be setup to counter when they can is an ongoing problem for him. He'd rather they attack us.

HailtotheKing

I don’t like it when we have early kick offs. Probably confirmation bias, but we never seem to do well with early kick offs
    Yeah, love to see the stats but I feel like we always lose or draw early kick-offs too.

HailtotheKing

I'm going bonkers:

De Gea
    AWB Varane Bailly Telles
    DVB Matic
    Bruuuno
    Greenwood Ronaldo/Goat Pogba

Edit; i guess shaw is out
    That would be my team, except Sancho for Greenwood. Think Sancho needs another full game to build up confidence.

wattsy7

Lingard has earnt a start personally.

Ronaldo, Bruno & Pogba all certainties.

Telles over Shaw, let Luke properly recover.

McTominay has to start in my opinion.

so that leaves 1 position for either a winger or a cm.

Personally would like to see this:

awb lindelof varane telles
    sancho mctominay pogba bruno
    lingard ronaldo

Bruno may not like being out wide but tough sh*t boy, there’s something about Lingard buzzing around Ronaldo that I like. Pogba and Bruno could swap to be fair if Bruno would prefer to be cm.

FatTails

Given evertons injury issues with several key players out, us playing at home and two title challengers facing each other with a looming international break, I will be very surprised if we don't drop points.

Ole teams have been consistently dropping points when it is easier to pick up all 3 and this sounds just like that.
    :lol:

Not how I expected that sentence to end.

Godfather

Given evertons injury issues with several key players out, us playing at home and two title challengers facing each other with a looming international break, I will be very surprised if we don't drop points.
    :lol: so true

RedDevilRoshi

Thank God AWB is back as the thought of Dalot playing once again, just gives me the shivers. Not sure Shaw will start. Think he’ll be on the bench. I’d like Van De Beek to start but I think there’s more chance of me getting a game than him. Him & Matic played really well together as a double midfield pivot in the pre-season friendly win against the same opponents, so would like to see it given a go here. Personally would like to see us mix it up a bit and bring some fresh faces in but not too many changes. Final game before the international break which has come at a good time for us. Especially when our form and performances have been very patchy. Having Rashford back is going to be a massive boost.

Starting XI

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Lindelof - Varane - Telles

Van De Beek - Matic

Sancho - Fernandes - Lingard

Ronaldo​

subs: Henderson, Dalot, Bailly, Shaw, Pogba, McTominay, Fred, Greenwood, Cavani

Score Prediction: Manchester United 2-0 Everton

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    DCL and Richarlison out is a huge boost, as is having AWB back.

Hopefully we stumble across the way to maximise Ronaldo and have some sort of flow to our play soon.

steve.crowford

Let's hope we some positive, United style football. I wanna see us score 4 or 5 goals, like Ole says we can do game in and game out. Hell, I just wanna see us play some fast attacking football that doesn't rely on long balls over our MF

Canucantona20

Thank God AWB is back as the thought of Dalot playing once again, just gives me the shivers. Not sure Shaw will start. Think he’ll be on the bench. I’d like Van De Beek to start but I think there’s more chance of me getting a game than him. Him & Matic played really well together as a double midfield pivot in the pre-season friendly win against the same opponents, so would like to see it given a go here. Personally would like to see us mix it up a bit and bring some fresh faces in but not too many changes. Final game before the international break which has come at a good time for us. Especially when our form and performances have been very patchy. Having Rashford back is going to be a massive boost.

Starting XI

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Lindelof - Varane - Telles

Van De Beek - Matic

Sancho - Fernandes - Lingard

Ronaldo​

subs: Henderson, Dalot, Bailly, Shaw, Pogba, McTominay, Fred, Greenwood, Cavani

Score Prediction: Manchester United 2-0 Everton
    Pogba for Lingard and I like that team

RUCK4444

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Why in the hell do you have VDB in the starting line up, he can't even get a sniff of that field. I hope for his sake he leaves in Jan b/c Ole is killing this kid. He better tell MU to FECK off and force a trade! AJAX will NEVER sell us another player, and rightfully so!
    What in the holy feck was this post …

hellhunter

Eurofighter
    Supports
    Karlsruher SC
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Why in the hell do you have VDB in the starting line up, he can't even get a sniff of that field. I hope for his sake he leaves in Jan b/c Ole is killing this kid. He better tell MU to FECK off and force a trade! AJAX will NEVER sell us another player, and rightfully so!
    Why would Ajax care? Did we demand a refund or forget to pay?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Huh?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Richarlison is out as well? If we cant win this tomorrow then players need dropping
    This is exactly the kind of game that we'll lose or draw.
    The games that we tend to win are the ones that are difficult and unlikely to win.

RedTiger

Half mast
    Why in the ever living feck would Ajax care what we do with our signings?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Yeah it’s all luck when players get injured and miss games and other teams capitalise…like the Europa final when Maguire missed it… oh wait Villarreal were really lucky

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    I hope you join him tbh

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Are people serious about leaving Greenwood out of their XIs here? One match where he was a bit selfish, while he's easily been the brightest spark of all our outfield players this season.

The kid has to play.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Yeah it’s all luck when players get injured and miss games and other teams capitalise…like the Europa final when Maguire missed it… oh wait Villarreal were really lucky
    Speaking of Villareal, they missed their top goalscorer yesterday. Dont let that get in the way or your bizzare logic, though.

always_hoping

Everton a low block team under Rafa 42% possession per game thus far this season. How United handle their midfield of Doucoure, Allan when they have the ball will likely be difference between a happy or depressing result tomorrow.

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    Are people serious about leaving Greenwood out of their XIs here? One match where he was a bit selfish, while he's easily been the brightest spark of all our outfield players this season.

The kid has to play.
    first name on the team sheet imo, he’s been fantastic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw