Kick-off
Tue, 23 October 2018 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 62 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Hoping that Fellaini starts we need him today.
    United squad vs Juventus

Goalkeepers: De Gea, Romero, Grant

Defenders: Valencia, Shaw, Smalling, Rojo, Darmian, Young, Bailly, Lindelof

Midfielders: Pogba, Fred, Mata, Pereira, Herrera, Matic

Forwards: Martial, Chong, Lukaku, Rashford,

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    I have to say, the relationship between Ronaldo and many United fans is a bizarre one. I'm not saying he should be booed or anything like that, as that's equally pathetic, but i personally don't think he should have a heroes welcome either. He's been back once, and a he got a good reception, but move on. They guy isn't a United legend, he's a Madrid legend, who's now playing for another team again since he moved from United.

He wasn't let go by us, he wanted out and was quite adamant and outspoken about it. He didn't want to stay at United, and would have happily left sooner. The way some pine for him is a little sad and ridiculous. At least in the opinion of this miserable sod.

I have to say, the relationship between Ronaldo and many United fans is a bizarre one. I'm not saying he should be booed or anything like that, as that's equally pathetic, but i personally don't think he should have a heroes welcome either. He's been back once, and a he got a good reception, but move on. They guy isn't a United legend, he's a Madrid legend, who's now playing for another team again since he moved from United.

He wasn't let go by us, he wanted out and was quite adamant and outspoken about it. He didn't want to stay at United, and would have happily left sooner. The way some pine for him is a little sad and ridiculous. At least in the opinion of this miserable sod.
    We saw a skinny show pony turn into the best player in the world. We’ve not had a player crowned the world’s best player since George Best. He scored 42 goals in a season. He was brilliant for us.

Would have loved him to stay, but he was a key part of an absoubtly brilliant team that won the European Cup. He is absoubtly a legend.

Personally I’ve not wanted him back in the last 5 years as he’s not the player we have needed, but he’s a player who created phenomenal memories during his time here.

Neo_Mufc

Without him during 06-09 we would not have won 3 league titles in a row and reached 1 CL Semi Final + 2 Finals where we won 1. To say he isn't a legend I think that's a bit harsh. Regardless of whether he loves the club or not he gave his best every week in a Utd shirt, maybe he drifted slightly in his last season by his own standards but in some people's eyes he will be a legend.

We've already given him the heroes welcome and tbh we've moved way past the Ronaldo coming back saga that I think people singing his name are just showing appreciation for a player who lit up Old Trafford when you went to see us. Nothing wrong with feeling nostalgic with the shite that we play now.

Chicharo

Totally agree. His main goal had always been to play for Madrid. No one can underestimate his performances for us, but, no, he's not our legend

Havak

Pokemon master
    Traffic is outrageously bad in Manchester tonight. Taken me an hour and a half to get less than 5 minutes walk from work. Wouldn't be surprised if the team are late again if they didn't set off quite early.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Totally agree. His main goal had always been to play for Madrid. No one can underestimate his performances for us, but, no, he's not our legend
    Absolutely a Madrid legend and that’s how the world of football see him and his legacy. We were a stepping stone for him.

OldSchoolManc

Traffic is outrageously bad in Manchester tonight. Taken me an hour and a half to get less than 5 minutes walk from work. Wouldn't be surprised if the team are late again if they didn't set off quite early.
    Good job City are away tonight then. Those faithful fans would find it hard to make it into Emptihad. Would be even more deserted!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    Just did a math. If we don't win today, in last game against Valencia could be knockout game. I don't want that

Havak

Pokemon master
    Good job City are away tonight then. Those faithful fans would find it hard to make it into Emptihad. Would be even more deserted!
    Yeah :lol:

Seriously though, I didn't see our coach outside the Lowry when I left work, which is either good or bad. If it hadn't left before 5, there's no chance tonight.

el3mel

Massive for Chong to be on the bench for such a game. Same lineup as Chelsea so hopefully they start building coherence.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    Hopefully we get the 2nd half United vs Chelsea not the first 45 minutes or we will be in trouble

Dante

Average bang

Spot on.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    Excited and nervous for this one, even though we're in a bit of a rut. If our lads can't get themselves up for this tie, then I give up.

Manchester United team
    Starting XI: De Gea, Young (c), Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw, Mata, Matic, Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, Martial
    Subs: Romero, Bailly, Darmian, Fred, Andreas, Herrera, Chong

Juventus team
    Starting XI: To be announced
    Subs: To be announced

Unchanged team for the first time in ages. Chong makes the bench in place of the injured Sanchez.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Same lineup, nice to see. Hopefully we see us pick up from that second half and not go into defensive/cautious mode from the start like usual. Hopefully Lukaku gets his head out of his ass too, but not really any other options with Sanchez and Lingard out.

Mick321

Hopefully we go after these, although Spurs went out against them it did show that they really don't like the fast paced, pressing stuff. A slow, crap fest would suit them down to the ground however.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
    Time Travel

He won almost every cup and picked up a ballon d'or playing for us, how many others in the history of the club have done it? He's a United legend in every sense of the word and deserves the love he will get from match going fans.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.

I get what you’re saying, but for a lot of us younger fans he’s the only true great player we have seen at the club. And we watched him mature to be the best player.

I don’t idolise him myself or pine for him. But it’s nice to have him back and no doubt it will put a smile on Fergies face too.

Just hope he has a shit game personally and we beat them.

Canagel

Also first time we name unchanged line up since last December.

Strats

Good line up, Matic playing again worries me though.

He was shite during first half at the bridge, played better in the second but he needs to be benched for a few games. Doesn't have the legs to be playing with such little time between two games(especially when you're playing Chelsea and Juventus).

SirAF

Ageist

It's really not. He's one of only four players to have won the Ballon d'Or as a United player - I don't have to mention all the trophies he was a KEY player in winning to boot. He's a United legend, like it or not.

FerociousCorgis

very little in the way of attacking options on the bench. If we are in search of goals and need to change it up very good chance chong is the one to be tasked with that it seems.

Raw

Didn't think we'd go with an unchanged lineup, happy with that! Hopefully we won't end up needing to wait until the 2nd half to actually perform.

RedDevil@84

You mean he is more of a Madrid legend than a United considering he has broken too many records there. But to say he has not done much for United maybe over-simplifying things.

Ban

He won almost every cup and picked up a ballon d'or playing for us, how many others in the history of the club have done it? He's a United legend in every sense of the word and deserves the love he will get from match going fans.
    One of the best players to wear a shirt but not a legend. He should get an ovation of course but not anything overboard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 390 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Juventus win
  • Draw