Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    It’s basically what’s going to happen.

If you come to play a game of footy and go toe to toe, there’ll be wide expanses of space to exploit and it would be a mauling.

Set up like Sheffield United did midweek and it becomes one of those really, really painful games for klopp.
    Hey I’m keen to frustrate! I can’t see us doing it as we like to play suicidally :lol: but I hope so.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    It’ll only be a dicking if united come to play a game of football. Any sensible manager comes to shut up shop and nick a goal on the counter via rashford or garnacho.
    Ah but you’ve got to add Ten Hag into the equation. Why we didn’t do exactly this when we lost all our players and admitted we couldn’t play “the Ajax way” is beyond me. We don’t seem to want to play to our strengths, nor can we effectively do what the manager wants, so it ends up being this halfway house of really open at the back, plus toothless up front.

Bertie Wooster

It’s basically what’s going to happen.

If you come to play a game of footy and go toe to toe, there’ll be wide expanses of space to exploit and it would be a mauling.

Set up like Sheffield United did midweek and it becomes one of those really, really painful games for klopp.
    Your middle paragraph describes the recent FA Cup game between us, also at Old Trafford, where we won 4-3 in a wide open contest that both teams had sections on top - us at the start and end (ET), you in the middle.

So while it might end up a 'mauling', absolutely no guarantee of it given our recent example of going toe-to-toe against you. I'd much rather lose that way than your patronising suggestion that we should set up at home against you as if we're Sheffield United. We finished above you in the league last season, and beat you a month ago in an attacking game - the gulf between us isn't as large as you're making out, whatever the score ends up tomorrow.

RomfordRed75

I’d take 0-1 with a dodgy penalty and tick off the trickiest away game left.

The reality of it will be an early rashford goal from a breakaway counter in the wide expanse behind our right back followed by 80min of us camped in the united half trying to break open a 10-1-0 formation to get 2 goals back.
    Come on....this is United defending a lead....it will be a low block high press 5-0-5 formation

Matt Varnish

I think our formation will be 9-1
    They are going to want a big slice of revenge for the FA Cup exit.
    Time to build my anxiety fort behind the settee

Shark

@NotShark
    They're always there to swoop in when our manager is on the brink of a sacking, to absolutely pummel us. This cycle is like a living nightmare.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    5-0 to them if they aren't too bothered about the midweek European game

Telsim

Last season in their "cup final", they inflicted the worst humiliation I have ever seen upon us. It considerably undermined my faith in this manager. Can we do the same now?

I already know the answer to that. At least try and keep it respectable.

LordSpud

I just hope City and Arsenal fans aren't expecting us to do them a favour..

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
    ETH should bring a sell note with him, and just start writing names as the match continues.

always_hoping

U18s 9-1 winners against Liverpool today, let's call that match off tomorrow and use the weekend to enjoy that victory.

Marcus

We need to put in some very meaty tackles early on. Let them think about thier midweek CL game.

Darkhorsez

I must admit that I have a numbness towards our games these days. So many ups and downs - a lot more downs really. I just hope that the players know the importance of this game and put in a proper shift and work their butts off. Any sort of result will be great but professionalism is more important.

Oscar Bonavena

If it's a repeat of Thursday's game against Chelsea, open, end to end, they'll destroy us.

I was optimistic before the FA Cup game but I'm not for Sunday. I think Liverpool were over confident the last time and were arrogant in the 2nd half. Klopp will have them in the right frame of mind for Sunday, they won't be dicking about like they did the last day.

A draw would do me.

Hughie77

Willy looks like partnering Maguire unless Evans is fit or Varane??.. Casimero is a passenger, need a CM to not move from in front of the back 4 .. I don't give a shit if its negative .. needs must, counter attack transition quick with Garnacho.. or Rashford.. if ETH plays like he has in last 2 games it's a mauling ..

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    If it's a repeat of Thursday's game against Chelsea, open, end to end, they'll destroy us.

I was optimistic before the FA Cup game but I'm not for Sunday. I think Liverpool were over confident the last time and were arrogant in the 2nd half. Klopp will have them in the right frame of mind for Sunday, they won't be dicking about like they did the last day.

A draw would do me.
    I don't believe they were dicking around at all.Over confident yes. Dicking around no.
    They can be got at, risky I know but defensively they don't impress me.Of course if we attack we leave ourselves open but we have no alternative.We can't defend.

erikcred

A draw would do me.
    A draw would basically end their title hopes imo. So, yea that'll be good enough.

Jezpeza

It’ll be a slaughter.
    My guess is performance and balance of play wise we get pounded again like brentford but Liverpool just take an easy 2 or 3 goal win with minimal effort and the scoreline wont do how bad we are justice again

soapythecat

I hope the players show some passion tomorrow. The lack of commitment in the last City defeat was abysmal. We either had none or 1 yellow cards - pretty pure showing when getting thumped by our city rivals (we couldn't get close to them, but the sentiment stands).
    Once we go 1 down tomorrow, I hope we pick up yellows and drop those twats like flies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Is it 100% that Varane and Evans are out? Or just doubtful?
    Hoping for a surprise with one starting.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Dollars to donuts Liverpool finish above Arsenal if they draw tomorrow
    Why? Arsenal have the better goal difference.
    I'm not sure we have a win in us, but a draw and someone actually standing up to Liverpool for once would be huge.

Stig

If the line was 0 - 4 would you take the over or under ?

BorisManUtd

Honestly I don't see us getting even a point. It was 2-2 in the cup after 90 minutes and this game is more important to Liverpool.

If we have to lose, at least be it 1 or 2 goals difference loss. Another embarassing defeat would be painful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Kobbie Mainoo image Kobbie Mainoo 30% of 235 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 225 ratings.

Score Predictions