Kick-off
Sun, 7 April 2024 @ 3:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SambaBoy

Keep turning the ball over too easily, Bruno especially even in deeper areas. Can't progress the ball well enough from the CB's. Need legs in the centre of the park.

Bobski

That sums up Utds season, a total structural shambles with an outcome that massively flatters Utd.

Might come back and win this if enough chaos is created and Liverpool keep wasting chances but how can anyone defend this style of play.

Mainoo is in the McTominay zone of nothing, totally wasted with absurd instructions.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
    Take off Rashford, Bruno and try and keep the ball. Bruno just pointless being on the pitch and Rashford is just a ghost in a shirt.
    We haven't had a single shot on goal so your solution is to take off Bruno, the most creative player we have?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    We’ve got no interest in retaining the ball. Bruno is being asked to release the ball as quick as possible to the forwards.

The fact that people still believe this is anything other than a Ten Hag instruction is hilarious.
    So is part of ETH instructions to tell Bruno to loose the ball every time he passes it?

DavidDeSchmikes

games are just a carbon copy of the game before, which is a carbon copy of the game before and so on and so on

jadaba

It's felt like an attack vs defence training match, fortunate that it's only one goal and we can still be in it, though I'm not hopeful of a turnaround.

Hughie77

14 shots to 0.. that says it all.. this bunch have given up.. they've done it to Jose, Ole , now ETH , maybe its about time we wake up and see wtf is happening here..

Eth I liked until he bought rubbish ..

Valencia Shin Crosses

I was never that enamoured with the Mount signing at the time because I didn't see where he fit into the team. But Bruno is done at this club, attitude, output, everything is awful. Why not just swap Bruno for Mount for the rest of the season and see how he does. There's a half chance he flourishes and solves a bit of a problem.
    I’d put Amad in that role to try too. Either one is a far better option that this fraud

RopersReturn

ETH doesn’t really have a clue trouble is I can see us ending up with Southgate which would be even worse.

Rojofiam

Mount or Amrabat should replace Casemiro for the 2nd half but it won’t happen

ForFuchsSake

Can the PL count it as a goal if we have somehow manage a shot on goal? Think that’s only fair given how shite we are.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
    Close game so far, could have gone either way, played very well, executed plan, progress is clear.

eire-red

I'm not sure I can deal with muh more of this. It's not the results that boil my blood, it's the inexcusable refusal of EtH to change our approach when it has clearly not been working for about 9 months now.

It has erased any goodwill I have for him. He will lose his job due to his own stubbornness and I gave zero sympathy for that.

redom

Another game, another team likely to have 25+ shots. Maybe we just lull the opposition into being lackadaisical in front of goal because they know they're going to get another chance a minute later, put's their conversion rate on the floor.

RedRocket9908

Absoutely awful first half, zero shots while Liverpool have had 15.

Hojlund has been non-existant again, some of Bruno's passing has been woeful, and the defence is all over the place.

Swearing Budgie

I was actually quite enjoying it until we conceded. I thought Rashford was okay for 10 mins or so. Bruno is cack though.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
    Harry Maguire is a panicky, useless lump of shit again. Didn't take long did it? I'd happily get rid of him, Varane and Lindelof if we can this summer if we can get a couple of decent replacements in.

Raven

Our left side is just pathetic, the ball gets to Bruno or Rashford and we immediately lose the ball. Kobbie has been poor again but that's less of a concern for me.

Overhaul FC

Eriksen for Bruno and Antony for Rashford would actually make us instantly better 2nd half.

I'd love it if Ten Hag did it but he's too stubborn and doesn't feel he has the bargaining power to do something like that.

We defo need new players in the summer but in the meantime he has to be ruthless too and not just manage people out over time.

Woziak

Played well for 10 minutes then typical s…show, ETH shite ball, no midfield again. Weirdly enough Rashford looks up for this game and Bradley on a yellow, need to get him running at him!
    United again 14 shots against not one shot on target, United board line what they have to do irrespective of this result, this brand of football is simple not tenable at a club like ours, so get rid tomoght.

He should have gone after CL failure in the group, he should have gone after 9 defeats before New year in PL, he should have gone after Fulham defeat and he should have been told enough is enough after Chelsea,, let’s be real here he simply needs to be sacked tonight 13 PL defeats 18 defeats from 43 games.

The club needs to end the ETH era now and let someone else try and secure Europa League and another bridesmaid trophy at Wembley if this truly awful squad can even beat Coventry which I think they can’t!

Bobski

So is part of ETH instructions to tell Bruno to loose the ball every time he passes it?
    It is hit it into the space behind.

Blame Bruno for the execution, blame the idiot in charge for persisting with this nonsense.

siw2007

Deservedly 1 0 down and it could have been more. We started off brightly but Liverpool have taken over since and our heads have dropped.

(...)

Supports
    Arsenal
    I still believe ! Start the second half with a goal and Liverpool's heads might drop

laughtersassassin

That half was proper shit but the angriest I got was when we slowed down and put the ball out because Diaz was "injured"

That moment said a lot about this team. Never put the ball out for your rival, take advantage of the ten men.

Liverpool would not do it for us if they where behind and fighting for the win!

Castia

You have to laugh

Surely the worst we’ve been in years. Even when we do manage to win we’re usually fecking shite

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
    We know Bruno’s a good player, Covid Bruno especially shows that.

Whether it’s form or captaincy, I don’t care, he has to be dropped. The captaincy is a poor decision, I do feel it takes something away from him and it means he has even more goes at the ref (maybe thinks expected from him as captain) which surely must subconsciously impact on the ref for 50/50s.

Needs dropping and captaincy just being a choice depending on the match day XI. Let him have a break, forget captain and see if he gets back to previous form… or sell.

Mount should be on early second half for him. He won’t be...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Kobbie Mainoo image Kobbie Mainoo 30% of 235 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 225 ratings.

Score Predictions