Kick-off
Sun, 29 October 2023 @ 3:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cyberman

So you expect us to suddenly work out patterns and triangle passes only once we have a first choice 11? Anyone else and we cannot string 3 passes together?
    Years of seeing these players plays points to yes, they cannot play out from the back. It’s not a skill everybody has and is why those players are so expensive hence City paying hundreds of millions every few season for them

Jeffthered

I think we cannot expect much more. I thought we would carry a bit of a threat. City are more settled, rather than outstanding. We're struggling for form, but when we do have our moments, we need more quality.

Good shot from SMT, but I would change him for Mount. I just don't see SMT out there. You can't just drift around, and await to have a shot, it's not enough, you're a central midfielder. Bruno is awful and he doesn't care. I get annoyed watching him.

Too many players waiting for inspiration. City have a way of playing which they rely on. We do not. I actually feel for the players.

Great save by Onana.

Get Mason Mount on for SMT. Leave Ericksen, please.

the_cliff

Absolutely fuming about that pen. It's hard not to go full RAWK with conspiracy theories and City's supposed brown envelopes when decisions are given like that. Shirt-pulling goes on in literally EVERY penalty area when balls are swung in like that. Hardly ever, ever gets pulled up as a penalty, especially when the player being "fouled" is nowhere near getting the ball.

Have also stopped immediately celebrating goals we score as so many seem to be ruled out by VAR now as well.

VAR is a blight on the game, end of.

Back on the footballing side of things - Hope the team comes out with some motivation second half. City haven't exactly been in scorching form lately. Have a fecking go.
    Especially considering who was on VAR, who was also coincidentally the same ref that failed to send Kovacic off, who also refs in the UAE league which is coincidentally owned by the same people that own the club that have benefitted from his decisions.

Natener

Before VAR that was never a penalty. If anything, the arm on Hojlund when through on goal should have been a penalty but he was too strong to go down.

kiristao

Shearer speaking what we all are thinking shocker. Asking for consistency about giving those fouls as a penalty everytime from now on and saying Hojlund should have gone down as most players would have

JagUTD

For those watching in the US and not Sky, Carragher just said Klopps ready to lead the calls for the game to be replayed after that farce penalty.

Oscar Bonavena

I think Hojlund is a great young prospect but he needs to grow up f**king quick in this game. He had chance to win a pen and get Stones sent off. F**k being honest, you get nothing for it.

laughtersassassin

Entire panel of pundits are saying if you want to give that penalty, then you got to give it for every corner and free kicks. I have not seen any given this season except for this game. Go figure.....was Oliver promised a car?
    Oliver works for City's owners in the UAE. Conflict of interest. No surprise we have been robbed

United Hobbit

I don't think City look great defensively but we don't make the right decisions to punish them

RedDevilRoshi

Need to take our chances when we get them.

Literally thought we were down to 10 men as forgot Rashford was playing. He’s been invisible. Onana really has come onto a game. That Haaland header save was beyond incredible.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    Bruno on the right ffs....its not working and never worked!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    Good by United. Needed a bit of luck/composure with finishing … obviously ABU Dhabi City not at their best. Can be beaten here. Rashford has done well. Maguire and Eriksen good. ETH is building a nice side here. No nation state; some who pretend to be fans greatly disappointed with that. I’m happier that we can remember Bobby Charlton with some dignity. Now let’s beat these lowlife corporate oil-doped cheats.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Ten hag needs to change things up here. You’d think city were the ones chasing a goal.

DavelinaJolie

Interesting, I agree fully with what Shearer has said there. Can see why it's a penalty, but those pulls happen multiple times a game and never get called, so will we see them called from now on?

He also suggested other players may have gone down from that push Stones gave Hojlund.

predator

Youth NITK
    Was interesting what Keane said that Hojlund should have done. He didn't phrase it well tbh. A more experienced striker may have created a situation where a pen could be given.

eire-red

I don't understand Carragher and Richards at half time. How can it be the right decision if every single game has an incident like that that doesn't get punished? So are we saying that the refs are getting it wrong every single game now?

Rodri is free because Stones steps across Maguire and makes no attempt to play the ball, meaning he can't follow Rodri. Is that not a foul? It's a foul in the middle of the pitch in open play.

NK86

Years of seeing these players plays points to yes, they cannot play out from the back. It’s not a skill everybody has and is why those players are so expensive hence City paying hundreds of millions every few season for them
    Absolutely do not believe this. You think Walker was so good before Pep really improved him. Or Stones for that matter? You think Brighton’s 11 is better than ours to the point where they would embarrass us in passing abilities?
    It’s squarely on Eth and all this noise around him missing his first choice back four as the reason for it is just blind faith at this point.

Oranges038

Especially considering who was on VAR, who was also coincidentally the same ref that failed to send Kovacic off, who also refs in the UAE league which is coincidentally owned by the same people that own the club that have benefitted from his decisions.
    That link should be called out by everyone after the game.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Could see the game plan and to be fair it was working. Just some poor decisions again from our players in the key moments.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Andre Onana image Andre Onana 87% of 248 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 255 ratings.

Score Predictions