Kick-off
Wed, 1 November 2023 @ 8:15pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

Chelsea player of the year twice though (voted by their moronic fans)
    Surely we can’t pin the blame on mount? Or any other new player…. They look like they haven’t a clue what the plan is, the blame has to go to the coaching staff

Roboc7

This feels like the end is coming, I don’t think managers ever come back from these positions - he’s lost the players. And the players aren’t good enough anyway
    He’s got no chance of coming back from this. Just a question of when he gets put out of his misery now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
    Nagelsmann, Marco Rose, Emery - there are options
    With this lot? This group that laughs about having to google their manager. They've got the egos of Galacticos and the ability of Guineapigs. They'll be expecting Luis Enrique or something. :lol: No way this lot accepts working for anyone who hasn't won a title elsewhere and, unless Germany has a crap Euros, Nagelsmann aint coming close to us. So dunno where we go from here?

Ranie

Dalot is crap.
    I’ll probably never forget when Dalot got absolutely destroyed in the European qualifiers against Iceland this summer. A close match that ended with Ronaldo scoring the winning goal in added time. He was up against Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson who plays for Leuven, a mid-table club in the Belgian first division. He ran around him like he wasn’t there. I remember thinking how far United have fallen with having this guy as an important first team player.

Superunknown

We just have no cohesion whatsoever. It looks like it's a genuine struggle for us to create chances or even something as simple as string a few passes together. We're never going to score goals, let alone win games, if we can't do those simple things right. The amount of times Newcastle have just walked through the middle or down our right hand side is scary.

Zed is not dead

This team are insufferable. ETH will come for a lot of flak but I don't see how he is at fault when for the first ten minutes we looked like a team that knew their roles, played decent passes and troubled them with the press. Hannibal gets booked and we go to our default Primary school defending. Abysmal.
    What we’re seeing is a team frightened to the core. They lack confidence and fail to do any of the basics, overthink every decisions, and generally play like shit

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
    Interesting to see why each manager (Ole/EtH) from memory want to play fast moving attacking football but always revert to this bullshit pragmatic style.

EtH tried it and has reverted to this long ball shite.

It’s because the players are shite and don’t know any different.

That being said, why do we sign players for a system and we still revert to shit long ball football?

lex talionis

There's no magic bullet to dig out the victory, but the matchgoing fans deserve several substitutions to demonstrate at least the illusion of some level of resolve.

Superden

I don't think we've ever had a situation where we've had all 11 players looks so woefully out of form and confidence...

Sea-Cow

Well in the search for some goals at least we can bring on...... ummmmmm....... hmmmmmmm....... still looking............ Super Scotty!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    Didn't someone here say that the Geordies have not won at OT in more than 10 years?
    Another record gone

Shiva87

Bullshit. Many of these players aren't good enough but they should be doing better than this. We simply aren't coached at all
    how is it that we end up saying the same thing about every manager.

even Carrick and McKenna are coaching their teams well in their new clubs.

has to be something about the culture, and the inability to transition any information coached into the managers on to the pitch.

we need to stick with ETH and let him decide what to do with this squad. If it means a season of 7-10th place, I’ll take it.

we need a full reboot to give the squad a kick up their arses. StoP them acting like Prima Donnas

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
    Wanting ETH sacked because Dalot, Casemiro, Maguire, Martial can barely resemble footballers, is moronic.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    So I get this in my inbox today from United's match preview...

Ten Hag's post match should be a real corker! I wonder what excuses he'll come up with this time. I just hope that fans give the team both barrels at the end of the game if we end up losing.

Absolutely disgraceful!

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    If this Manchester United team has any semblance of decency, they would pull their collective fingers out of their lazy asses and play like the loyal fans deserve.

How many other clubs would have a full house every match despite the shameful shambolic weak lethargic can't be bothered performances.
    Come on guys. Do it for your fans for F sake.

laughtersassassin

We can sack ETH and I've never actually been a big fan of him even when things were going better. But I'm actually not sure it will do any good, the way the club looks right now.
    It'll be tough for the new manager for sure. ETH signed some very useless players which will become the new overpayed deadwood that we can't get rid of.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
    He signed a hell of a lot of them. Of course the manager is culpable.
    Keeper Mount antony and casemiro from tonight?

I mean its easy to blame the manager, if you guys want to keep your heads in the sand, fair play.

Lets just watch Dalot jog around under another manager for 2-3 years

The Red Thinker

Am I the only one here absolutely laughing at the ineptness of Dalot? My god was he poor.
    The goal is a calamity. Leave aside the other horrendous pieces of transitioning.

Hannibal doesn’t have the head to play in the starting XI. Loose fecking cannon.

We had control for 15 mins. Then utterly lost concentration and allowed Newcastle to walk through the midfield.

I’m sorry. There is no way to fix it. I’ve been a working professional for 10 years now and having managed teams, I can tell you that the moment quality is affected by morale, it’s GAME OVER.

It’s made especially worse when upper management is seemingly aloof to it all. I have actually worked in companies like that. Only thing that can help is a reset which is unlikely at this stage as there’s so much poor quality still in the team.

High level performance requires talent and work ethic, but if you’re used to downing tools… then there’s nothing but the bosses above the bosses can come and reinforce order.

This is where we are at. So there is no hope so long as the Glazers live. We are in the dark days. We must accept that we have fallen.

Gandalf

People saying it is not the manager. It is, it really is. Sure there are issues within the squad and all of the institutional problems with the club but none of that can provide cover for just how abject the performances have been consistently for months now.

We need a tear it down to the studs rebuild for sure but this fraud needs to be nowhere near that process.

carlbcfc

Supports
    Birmingham City
    I’m watching from Tunisia and a Birmingham fan where Hannibal was on loan last season. He’s full of effort but is a liability. He rarely started for us. Not good enough of Man Utd, but we’d have him back.

bosskeano

absolutely shocking defending for both goals......Mount did fuk all to tackle or try to stop the counter and Dalot jogged back knowing clearly Almiron was on the outside

shit defending again from Dalot but Lindelof didn't even try to block the shot

feel badly for EtH b/c the players don't look like give a feck at all

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    fulham and luton up next, isn't it? if he loses either of those, ETH won't be here at xmas. i did hear he'd go the board's confidence, so...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 210 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw