Kick-off
Wed, 1 November 2023 @ 8:15pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

Whatever we're doing in training is not working. That's a starting point. These players aren't improving. It's like they're all brand new to the game. Every single one of them.

Judas

Open to offers
    Absolutely pathetic display. I genuinely thought we’d win tonight, especially against that team. We look miles away, even against a team full of reserves.

Can’t see us turning this around.

GoldanoGraham

And so we come back to the start again…full circle

Who is next?

How do we get rid of the likes of Anthony & Mount?

Groundhog Day.

carlbcfc

Supports
    Birmingham City
    I’m watching from Tunisia and a Birmingham fan where Hannibal was on loan last season. He’s full of effort but is a liability. He rarely started for us. Not good enough of Man Utd, but we’d have him back.

AndySmith1990

Wanting ETH sacked because Dalot, Casemiro, Maguire, Martial can barely resemble footballers, is moronic.
    He coaches them. He signed one of them. He's had time and money to replace them. It's his team. The buck stops with the manager

Slevs

likes to play with penises
    ETH clearly instructing Dalot to jog back on the 1st goal while Almiron is sprinting towards goal for the through pass. Its purely tactical, Zidane would've instructed Dalot to track his man.

Some of you are mental I swear

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    Wasn't United's scout report on Antony, when he was playing for Sao Paulo, supposedly pretty damning ?

Cpt Negative

Some good news at least, I handed back my season ticket after Jose's second season. The money saved will allow me to retire a year earlier than planned.
    you either had a very expensive season ticket or don’t spend much money…

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
    In hindsight LvG and Mou werent as moronic as some of us might have assumed. Them playing to cover for the weaknesses of the team had some merit, rather than pretending like we've got a better group of players. I'd take dull now.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    AWB <3

He will light the place on fire.

Adamsk7

I just thought to myself - this is the worst United team I’ve seen in the post Fergie era.

Moyes - we at least had some of the players we had fond memories of - Rooney, Rio etc. it was 100% the manager that was the issue.

LVG - galacticos! Di Maria, Falcao, the Schmidfield! It wasn’t pretty but it had its highlights and the FA Cup win.

Mourinho - the most successful post Fergie! Pogba, Zlatan Sanchez at the piano….

Ole - 5 months of utter brilliance. Paris, we’re back! Finished second. Sancho, Ronaldo back, Varane from Madrid!

The first season from Ten Hag was the most promising I’ve seen since I think Mourinho’s second season but wow this year……I look at who’s here and honestly there’s not a single player, other than maybe Rasmus Hojland as an “up and coming talent” that would get in the team of most of our competition. I’m also including our two “stars” Rashford and Bruno based on what they’re currently doing. It’s disgraceful.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
    Hannibal is also not good enough. Our play style doesn’t suit any of these players. They can’t all be this bad while Lewis Hall, Almiron and Livramento are looking like world beaters.

RedDevil@84

People saying it is not the manager. It is, it really is. Sure there are issues within the squad and all of the institutional problems with the club but none of that can provide cover for just how abject the performances have been consistently for months now.
    How would you differentiate between manager's tactics not working even if players give it all and players giving half hearted performances and hence manager's tactics not working?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    absolutely shocking defending for both goals......Mount did fuk all to tackle or try to stop the counter and Dalot jogged back knowing clearly Almiron was on the outside

shit defending again from Dalot but Lindelof didn't even try to block the shot

feel badly for EtH b/c the players don't look like give a feck at all
    not sure you can blame lindelof for errors by the clowns beforehand... i think he might have been one of our better players tonight

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    The cycle of mediocrity is kicking off again. We're just absolutely hammered by FFP now and stuck with dross on massive contracts, signed for massive fees...again.

Losing is fine, losing without laying a glove is the issue.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    I thought we Casemiro Mount Hannibal is the closest thing to a functional midfield this season, but we have issues in the wings. Dalot looks just tired.

AaronRedDevil

Don't mind losing this since it means one less pointless competition to play in. Rather just focus on the PL top4 even though it's near impossible with our idiot players.

TsuWave

With this lot? This group that laughs about having to google their manager. They've got the egos of Galacticos and the ability of Guineapigs. They'll be expecting Luis Enrique or something. :lol: No way this lot accepts working for anyone who hasn't won a title elsewhere and, unless Germany has a crap Euros, Nagelsmann aint coming close to us. So dunno where we go from here?
    None of these managers are unknown though. Marco Rose might be less renown than the others though. Emery has a better CV than Ten Hag and Nagelsmann's is comparable. I'd hazard a guess that most of these guys were likely more familiar with Nagelsmann than they were with Ten Hag, to be honest

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
    Probably most worrying here for ETH is that Neville clearly wants the back of him. He's a rather loud (shrill) mouthpiece with a huge following. Don't see Erik coming back from that.

And what? We get a new manager in that is going to get a tune out of Maguire, Lindelof, Reguilon, Martial and Dalot? Yeah good luck with that.

These players are not good enough. They've never been good enough. But they're all we have, because we don't sign enough players, just spend loads slowly on mediocre ones.

Godfather

Incredible so many still seem to think ETH should be save. He absolutely needs to go. Only question is when

Nogbadthebad

We have no on field patterns, so players know where they go and who they pick up.

Its the basic stuff. Not sure what goes on in training, but it aint transferring to the pitch for sure.

Its not even specific players, whoever they put out there its the same thing.

I'd say get rid of ten hag, but we've done that with the last 5 managers and nothing has changed.

Untilt he glazers are gone, and everything they represent, we won't get better. No point changing manager, its just going to ruin another career for whoever replaces him.

Firas United

We are really bad, but this is huge and maybe last test for ETH to turn this around in 2nd half … not difficult to do so with the B team we are facing and the fact that we are home … IMO this is the last real test for the guy … still I think the match isn’t over

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    ETH has an habit of taking off DM when losing. That just leaves us more open.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 210 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw