Saturday 26 April, 17:30
Old Trafford
Sky Sports 1 at 17:00

Giggs' first game in charge!

Form:

Manchester United - LWLWWL
Norwich City - LWLLLL

Injury news:
Rafael and RVP are still out but everyone else is fit.

Confirmed line-up:
De Gea; Jones, Vidic (c), Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa; Welbeck, Rooney.
Subs: Lindegaard, Smalling, Mata, Chicharito, Nani, Young, Fletcher.

Norwich XI: Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Turner, Olsson; Johnson; Fer, Howson; Snodgrass; Redmond, van Wolfswinkel
Subs: Bunn (GK), Hooper, Gutierrez, Elmander, R Bennett, Tettey, Josh Murphy

I will keep updating this post as injury news come in etc.

Last edited:

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Can't imagine this being a fun watch. I hope Rooney is dropped and we see the following

-----------De Gea--------------

Rafael/Jones -- Evans -- Smalling -- Evra

---------Carrick -- Fellaini --------

Nani -------Mata -----Kagawa

------------Welbeck------------

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I doubt Nani will play this one. It's pointless predicting the line-ups, Moyes always makes changes.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Another game on Sky. Another chance for Martin Tyler to have a real dig at us. Why are they doing this to us? :(

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I doubt Nani will play this one. It's pointless predicting the line-ups, Moyes always makes changes.
As I said in my post I hope that is the team. Seeing as Nani was average I would be surprised to see him on the pitch again this season, seems to the be the trend. Giving him his first start in months in a tough game at Everton was always going to be tough - same can be said for Evans

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As I said in my post I hope that is the team. Seeing as Nani was average I would be surprised to see him on the pitch again this season, seems to the be the trend. Giving him his first start in months in a tough game at Everton was always going to be tough - same can be said for Evans
Valencia or Young are back in the team for this one I think, but I can see your point, it was rather silly to throw him like that.

JaapStam1986

De Gea

Rafael/Jones --- Smalling --- Evans --- Evra

Carrick --- Fellaini

Nani --- Mata --- Kagawa

Hernandez

I really hope Rooney is dropped to the bench for this one. His performance yesterday was terrible. If he is being paid £300,000 a week, he needs to be a consistent performer for our side, no matter how bad the rest of the team play. Stick Hernandez up front, seeing as he got a good partnership going with Kagawa and Mata at Newcastle. Be interesting to see how Nani blends in with the other front 3.​

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
No chance for Rooney being dropped, he could have a 0% pass completion and dropkick the ref and would still be an automatic starter, unfortunately Moyes doesn't have the balls to pick the best team for United. Kagawa had his first poor game in a while but will be dropped guaranteed.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
---------------De Gea

Rafael----Smalling------Evans------Buttner

-----------Carrick--------Jones

Valencia--------Kagawa----------Mata

-----------------Hernandez

Mystry

Friendship is magic
This got a lot more interesting.

--------------De Gea---------
Jones--Smalling--Evans--Evra
--------Carrick---Fletcher----
--Januzaj---Mata----Kagawa-
-------------Hernandez-------

Rafael for Jones if he is fit. I'm giving Rooney the benefit of the doubt and say he was shite against Everton because he still isn't fit yet so Hernandez deserves to start after looking decent when he came on. Januzaj hasn't had a start in a while I think too.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I was asked to give up my ticket for this game for a visiting relative from SA - and with it being on tele anyway - I obliged...

Now I'm fecked off about it.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Giggs can still play himself right? That would be weird but awesome.
He'll bring himself on in the dying minutes to take a pen and keep that record of his.

Havak

Pokemon master
Looking at the form of both teams, a draw is on the cards.. :(

Hopefully Giggs being in charge over Moyes gives the players some belief. Maybe we'll find out if they really didn't want to play for Moyes.

I think Giggs is guaranteed to start Welbeck to hopefully change his mind about wanting to leave, but it's going to be on the wing unless he has the balls to drop Rooney (which I don't think will happen). Mata will definitely start in the hole, so then it's out of Valencia and Januzaj as to who fills the final slot. Kagawa will probably drop to the bench but come on in the second half (unless dropping Rooney comes about).

I think it'll be Carrick and Fletcher in the middle, with a youthful defence bar Evra. Ferdinand and Vidic will pair up for the final Home game of the season, with Giggs playing in that as well, for a triple farewell.

de Gea
Jones Smalling Evans Evra
Carrick Fletcher
Januzaj Mata Welbeck
Rooney​

Kagawa & Valencia to come off the bench. Maybe Hernandez, but more likely Fellaini.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I was nearly going to this game but it's smack in middle of my exams :( The roar will be magnificent.

Thank God it's on TV.
Nearly got tickets for the Southampton game but had the same problem. Told myself "Ah well, it's a dead rubber anyway."

some fan i am!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looking forward to this now, no idea what to expect lineup wise though. Guessing something like:
De gea
Jones Vidic Evans evra
Carrick fletcher
Valencia mata kagawa
Rooney
Maybe welbeck on the left for kagawa. Whatever the case, I expect to see a much quicker and pumped up performance, crowd should be great too.

Walters_19_MuFc

4-4-1-1

De Gea
Jones - Smalling - Evans - Buttner
Valencia - Cleverley - Carrick - Mata
Rooney
Welbeck

Lindegaard - Fellaini - Hernandez - Januzaj - Nani - Kagawa - Fletcher​

A1X

De Gea
Jones - Smalling - Evans - Buttner
Fletcher - Fellaini - Kagawa
Januzaj Mata
GIGGS​

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
------------------De Gea---------------
Jones-----Smalling-----Vidic--------Evra
-----------Carrick---Fellaini------------
Mata------------Rooney--------- Januzaj
----------------Welbeck-----------------

Kaos

4-4-2, Let Giggs play the way he wants to play.

-----------------DDG-----------
-Rafael----Smalling--Evans--Evra
-Valencia--Carrick--Fletcher--Giggs
----------Hernandez--Welbeck---

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
De Gea

Rafael/Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra

Carrick
Giggs

Kagawa
Mata
Rooney

Welbeck

Jaxa

The sun is shining, some Flag Surfing amongst the fans, massive atmosphere and Joy Division - Giggs will tear you apart playing as he walks out, ohhh yeah sounds good right.

Hoping for a positive ending to our bleak season.

Truedevil

My first matchday thread post :D

I'm looking forward to this game which is surprising, i have missed this feeling. Giggs as a manager, home game and then there is no Moyes...
I think Giggs will go on and make some big changes. I can see him going with a 4-4-1-1, with Mata and Danny upfront, Valencia and Januzaj as wingers and Carrick with Fletcher or Cleverley on the midfield. I would love to see Giggs giving young players like Wilson and Varela a go and put them at least on the bench and i think Nicky will tell Giggs to do so.

I go with a 3-0 home win:cool:

Zak Smith

Really hope the lads put the effort in for Giggs and put the week/rest of the season behind them.

redevil2

Really hope the lads put the effort in for Giggs and put the week/rest of the season behind them.
Hope Giggs places himself on the bench. He will come on when needed. Great and am looking forward to the games he's taking charge

Nozzy

Some people see Fellaini continuing to make starts? Surely now is the time to signal to the lad (& his agent) that his time is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.