Manchester United vs Real Madrid 1968 1st leg

Yagami

Good post resistant
Does anyone know where I can find the full match? The 2nd leg at the Santiago Bernabéu is easy to find but I'm having no such luck with the 1st leg at Old Trafford.

Does anyone know where I can find the full match? The 2nd leg at the Santiago Bernabéu is easy to find but I'm having no such luck with the 1st leg at Old Trafford.

Damned near impossible. I was at the game and I know the cameras were there but I don't think I've ever seen a full replay.

Damned near impossible. I was at the game and I know the cameras were there but I don't think I've ever seen a full replay.
That's awesome that you were at the game, but, man, that's a shame. I really want watch it. If I ever come across it, do you want me to message you?

I could be misremembering but I swear I remember seeing the 1st leg on YouTube years ago. I didn't get round to watching it but I just have this memory of seeing it listed when searching for classic games. It'd be nice if I'm remembering correctly because then at least we know there's coverage of this out there somewhere.

That's awesome that you were at the game, but, man, that's a shame. I really want watch it. If I ever come across it, do you want me to message you?

I could be misremembering but I swear I remember seeing the 1st leg on YouTube years ago. I didn't get round to watching it but I just have this memory of seeing it listed when searching for classic games. It'd be nice if I'm remembering correctly because then at least we know there's coverage of this out there somewhere.

I've seen the goal on YT and other places but never the entire game. The 1969 semi 2nd leg v AC Milan is available but not the 1st leg in the San Siro. But if you do find it, sure, please let me know.

United could make a fortune with this stuff. Surely they own the rights to their own games 50 years ago? Just stick them on their own streaming service

I've seen the goal on YT and other places but never the entire game. The 1969 semi 2nd leg v AC Milan is available but not the 1st leg in the San Siro. But if you do find it, sure, please let me know.
If I ever come across it I'll get back to you!

As for the 1st leg against Milan at the San Siro in '69, that is on YouTube. Here's a couple:

United could make a fortune with this stuff. Surely they own the rights to their own games 50 years ago? Just stick them on their own streaming service
It's been a long time since I had MUTV but one thing I wanted from them that they didn't really do was provide a higher variety of full classic matches to watch. I don't know why they didn't because there are sooooooo many to choose from.
have you tried to get a tape/video from united?
I don't know how I'd even go about this :lol:

@harms watches lots of old matches so maybe he knows? Or he might know someone else who does.

It's been a long time since I had MUTV but one thing I wanted from them that they didn't really do was provide a higher variety of full classic matches to watch. I don't know why they didn't because there are sooooooo many to choose from.

I don't know how I'd even go about this :lol:

i would try the contact for general enqiries or for the museum tour. if i remember it correctly you can watch every match of united in the museum
https://www.manutd.com/en/help/club-contacts

@harms watches lots of old matches so maybe he knows? Or he might know someone else who does.
I thought of @harms because he's amazing at making content on classic footballers but I was hesitant because I feel like our sources for classic games are pretty much the same. Also, as a subscriber of his, I would've seen a Best vs Real Madrid video from him if he had it! :D (well, aside from his 2nd leg performance video!)

I wasn't really expecting a result because it seems so rare but I thought opening a thread was worth a shot with this forum having so many members. Many of which still watch classic games; with some making videos themselves.
i would try the contact for general enqiries or for the museum tour. if i remember it correctly you can watch every match of united in the museum
https://www.manutd.com/en/help/club-contacts
I may eventually try that. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Great. Thanks for that. Dirty bastards that they were.
It's on my to-watchlist. I've seen the 2nd leg before but that was a long time ago now.