News 24
vs

Capital One Cup Semi-Final
Old Trafford
Wednesday 22nd of January 2014
KO - 19:45 GMT

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
We simply cannot afford to concede the first goal on Wednesday night. It's been our Achilles' heel of late and cost us a whole host of points/ties. If it happens again midweek, we'll be in grave danger.

MajorTom

At this point in time (straight after our defeat) I can't see nothing but a win. What personal we have available will be interesting, will Rooney be back for this?

Our players look a bit more fired up at the moment. The results haven't shown it but I feel we can, and should be turning this tie around.

I want us in that final. Whatever it takes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De gea
Rafael jones Evans Fabio
Carrick fletcher
Zaha kagawa januzaj
Hernandez

Is what I'd do for this game. Maybe welbeck in but I want to see Hernandez up front, kagawa as a #10 and januzaj on a wing, so welbeck either on the bench or the left, but only if he stays there and doesn't push kagawa out wide. Evra I'm guessing is injured, Vidic suspended, Rooney and rvp no need to risk them. I hope we win, but I'd be kind of dreading the final against city with our respective forms.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
De Gea

Rafael*
Smalling
Jones
Buttner

Fletcher
Cleverley

Welbeck/Januzaj**
Kagawa
Zaha

Hernandez

* I wouldn't be surprised to see dropped by Moyes though.
** Depends on which of them is least fatigued i think.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
You guys keep asking for Zaha to start but he never does, what do you think is going on there?

I would give him a go now surely, everyone else must be knackered, Janujaz surely needs a break after once again being the best, most tireless player.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Ddg
Rafael-Smalling-Jones-Buttner
------Fletcher-Cleverly------
-Valencia--Kagawa--Lingaard
---------Hernandez----------

Give Januzaj a rest. I honestly don't give a shitbif we win this or not because i simply don't see us beating City in the final anyway.

Devil may care

Pfft, what are these team sheets without Valencia? lunacy! The fact we have next weekend off means Moyes has room to go strong and then worry about resting up.

De Gea

Rafael
Evans
Jones
Buttner

Valencia
Cleverley
Fletcher
Januzaj

Kagawa
Hernadez

RonaldoVII

Bet it'll be the emptiest Old Trafford since the Cluj game. I'll be there but hope it's not another disappointment in the freezing cold.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
You guys keep asking for Zaha to start but he never does, what do you think is going on there?

I would give him a go now surely, everyone else must be knackered, Janujaz surely needs a break after once again being the best, most tireless player.
The crude jests aside i don't think that any of us really know what to make of it, save for what looks like a waste of naturally intimidating winger.

Gerald G

Why would you hope we lose this because we may lose to City in the final? I don't get that small-minded mentality. Let's just hope the players and manager doesn't think like you lot otherwise we won't get anywhere.

De Gea
Rafael--Smalling--Evans--Buttner
Fletcher--Carrick
Valencia--Welbeck/Giggs--Kagawa
Hernandez

Subs: Lindegaard, Jones, Cleverley, Giggs, Young, Januzaj, Zaha.

I would be very surprised if Zaha starts this one. Give Januzaj a rest and I would want to give Welbeck a rest too, but not sure who will start if not him. Is Young fit enough to start again?

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
The crude jests aside i don't think that any of us really know what to make of it, save for what looks like a waste of naturally intimidating winger.

Hes a bit of a wildcard, but look what happened when you started giving Januzaj a chance. Carrying on this way sometimes feels like if it is broke, dont fix it

Gerald G

Hes a bit of a wildcard, but look what happened when you started giving Januzaj a chance. Carrying on this way sometimes feels like if it is broke, dont fix it
I don't really rate Zaha at the moment if I'm honest. Januzaj just oozes class so that's a different story. Zaha looks too raw. Loses the ball in silly places too easily and over complicates things. Wasn't too impressed when I saw him a couple times for our U21s this season. I would give him a go to impress though but I can understand why he isn't playing.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Positive about the game. Strangely enough, we looked a more accomplished side today than Chelsea, esp passing wise, and surely our shit luck is going to end somewhere. The team today looked to have a bit more freshness about them in the first half and I hope it's a good sign. 3-1 is a freak result we should not read too much in, hopefully we're coming into good form for the remainder of the season.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Zaha looks too raw. Loses the ball in silly places too easily and over complicates things.
Would that be in his sixty odd minutes of game time for United or when he was a leading force in Palace's promotion?

Wasn't too impressed when I saw him a couple times for our U21s this season.
Is that hardly surprising with the way the lad has been managed thus far?

Gerald G

Would that be in his sixty odd minutes of game time for United or when he was a leading force in Palace's promotion?

Is that hardly surprising with the way the lad has been managed thus far?
It's based on what I've seen from him this season. Including the community shield match, his start vs Norwich his sub appearance vs Newcastle, (he hardly had time vs Villa) and his appearances for our U21s.

hp88

Bet it'll be the emptiest Old Trafford since the Cluj game. I'll be there but hope it's not another disappointment in the freezing cold.

I was going to give it a miss, but I have got nothing better to do on a Wednesday night.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
I don't really rate Zaha at the moment if I'm honest. Januzaj just oozes class so that's a different story. Zaha looks too raw. Loses the ball in silly places too easily and over complicates things. Wasn't too impressed when I saw him a couple times for our U21s this season. I would give him a go to impress though but I can understand why he isn't playing.

Ok I do get that but whats to lose giving him the chance in this one, if for nothing else than the unknown factor. At least a half match anyway.

Gerald G

Ok I do get that but whats to lose giving him the chance in this one, if for nothing else than the unknown factor. At least a half match anyway.
Yeah that's why I said I would give him a go vs Sunderland but not expecting too much if I'm honest. I would love to be wrong and he puts in a man of the match performance.

SER19

sunderland, home, cup semi and yet im still pessimistic and not looking forward to it.

i fancy rooney to be back. which might make the difference. just because we're in bad form now, by the time of the final we may have rooney and rvp back and city might just have taken a hammering by barca. would be nice to beat them in the final, go some way towards making up for how bad its been lately.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A match to decide who gets trounced by City.
Exactly, why bother?

If they're not 100% fit don't risk Rooney or RVP because now the priority has to be League/Top 4 and the UCL

Team should be...

GK: De Gea
RB: Smalling
CB: Jones
CB: Evans
LB: Buttner

RM: Valencia
CM: Fletcher
CM: Cleverley
LM: Young

CF: Kagawa
CF: Hernandez

Subs: Lindegaard, Lingard, Welbeck, Giggs, ???, ???, ???

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
I'm not looking forward to this match. If we win the tie 2 things will happen.
1.We automatically qualify for the Europa League because City will be in the Champions League.
2. We get spanked at Wembley in a derby final.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
1.We automatically qualify for the Europa League because City will be in the Champions League.

Fear not this, as it cannot happen. Its the COC not the FA cup.

RonaldoVII

Runners up in the league cup don't get shit, even if the winners already qualify.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Yeah, thankfully runner up in the League Cup gets you diddly squat. Hoping we win anyway, can see us getting trounced in the final but no doubt I'll get my hopes up. We need a win for Moyes' sake more than anything really.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth

We're out the FA Cup so we do have a week off after wednesday so there might be a chance of a rest there

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
They've got a better recent record v City than we have, they would have more chance of winning the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.