Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
vs
Wednesday 1st January 2014
Barclays Premier League
Old Trafford
KO: 1730 BST

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
We've beaten the teams that we should be beating over Christmas. Now a real test to see if we're really back in the frame or not.

Lennon Vs Evra. :nervous:

Kag

De Gea
Smalling* Evans Vidic Evra
Carrick Fletcher
Januzaj Rooney Kagawa
Welbeck

That's what I'd go with.

* Rafael

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Any chance that Rafael will be back?

I would've expect Rooney, Welbeck, Valencia, and Januzaj to all get back into the starting eleven.

Gerald G

de Gea
Smalling--Evans--Vidic--Evra
Carrick--Cleverley
Valencia--Rooney--Januzaj
Welbeck

subs: Lindegaard, Fabio, Fletcher, Young, Giggs, Kagawa, Hernandez

Obviously if Rafael is back start him over Smalling. I really hope Lennon is still out injured when we play them.

ricky-romeo

hard to predict the line up these days. fecking injuries. :mad:

don't think rafael is going to make it, is valencia still suspended?

an outside chance of rooney and rvp might be involved, so

--------------------de gea-----------------------
smalling-------evans--------vidic-----------evra
valencia-------carrick--------cleverley-------januzaj
---------------------rooney-------------------
--------------------welbeck--------------------

with the hope of van persie on the bench at least.

subs: lindegaard, fabio, rio, fletcher, young, hernandez, rvp

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
De Gea

Rafael/Smalling
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Januzaj

Rooney
Welbeck

Do the deed lads.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Since RVP signed...he's appeared in every game I've been to. I'm going to this so he's playing.

Send your cheques in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea​
Smalling Evans Vidic Evra​
Carrick Cleverley​
Young Rooney Kagawa​
Welbeck​
Valencia shouldn't play just because he's back. Young was decent enough so he can keep his spot. I'd rest Januzaj a bit more and play him in the cup game against Swansea. Rooney is probably going to be rushed back against Spurs, and Welbeck will definitely play. Don't think Rafael will be back fit for this yet either. Hopefully we win this, it would be great to finally get a win against a top team that isn't Arsenal!​
I'm going for a 3-1 win, Rooney 2 goals, welbeck with 1.

Anduin

Spurs will not just hoof the ball forward, so I'd go with Smalling/Evans again, rest Vidic; Valencia at right-back, while Fabio comes in on the left.
De Gea
Valencia - Smalling - Evans - Fabio
Carrick - Fletcher
Januzaj - Rooney - Kagawa
Welbeck

Hard to see how Spurs will line-up, obviously depending on the game tomorrow. If they field Eriksen and Holtby as their midfield two again though, we could be in for a fun game. Hope RvP makes the bench.

3-1 United, we will keep our run going.

Havak

Pokemon master
It's always going to be a tough game, but this is the first of the 'top four rivals' we need to dismiss. We'll see if Spurs can win tomorrow first, but then we've got to beat them and put a little bit of daylight between us. If we do beat them, I actually believe we'll stay in front of them all season (so we'd finish at least where we are right now, woo).

As Pete says, they usually take it in the backside from us at Old Trafford and don't even give us that much grief away. We were average in the away game and Spurs were up for it, still got a draw. The 2-3 defeat last time was a freak result mainly due to a sloppy start (like we had at Hull) but we just couldn't convert the chances to come back. If we're honest, we really shouldn't have lost that game. We had more than enough chances to get something from it. I'll be a bit surprised and extremely disappointed if we don't get the three points here.

de Gea
Smalling Evans Vidic Evra
Carrick Fletcher
Valencia Rooney Januzaj
Welbeck
--
Lindegaard; Fábio; Cleverley, Giggs, Young, Kagawa; Hernandez​

Assuming Rooney will be back, but it might be a bit too soon for Rafael. Hopefully van Persie and Nani are back, but I would expect both to be on the bench if they are. Valencia will surely start after getting a forced rest that didn't prove costly while Welbeck is in good form so deserves the start. Anderson and Zaha are the only other players in contention for a spot on the bench, but probably won't make it if any of the previously mentioned players are fit (and don't even have that good of a shout if they're not), though Ferdinand on the bench is something I wouldn't mind, just in case. Glad to see Fábio was on the bench again, I think Moyes has finally decided that Buttner is shit.

Win this and we've a real good shout of being in the mix for top 3 or 4 the way this season is going. Everyone above us has tough games, we could see a couple of draws tomorrow.

Gonna say 2-0 United.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If Lennon is actually out, then it's a huge boost. He terrorises Evra every single time he comes up against him.

kundalini

Cleverley looked shattered against Norwich, his attempted tackles were pitiful, so perhaps Fletcher might be a sensible choice against Spurs. I do think Moyes has a tendency to use players beyond the point at which you could reasonably expect them to put in a decent performance; see Rio's 3 games in a week earlier in the season and Evra's ridiculous 24 starts so far this season.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Dave, if you're listening I'd like to see Fabio. Preferably on the left to rest Evra but failing that on the right so Smalling can partner Evans at the back.

Thanks.

Carl

Spurs will not just hoof the ball forward, so I'd go with Smalling/Evans again, rest Vidic; Valencia at right-back, while Fabio comes in on the left.
De Gea
Valencia - Smalling - Evans - Fabio
Carrick - Fletcher
Januzaj - Rooney - Kagawa
Welbeck

Hard to see how Spurs will line-up, obviously depending on the game tomorrow. If they field Eriksen and Holtby as their midfield two again though, we could be in for a fun game. Hope RvP makes the bench.

3-1 United, we will keep our run going.
Relying on Kagawa and Adnan to track Walker and Rose? No thanks. I'd like to see one of Kagawa or Adnan and one of Valencia or Young.

Also, with Kagawa and Adnan we'd look far too narrow with Adnan, Rooney and Kagawa all wanting to occupy the same areas.

Anduin

Relying on Kagawa and Adnan to track Walker and Rose? No thanks. I'd like to see one of Kagawa or Adnan and one of Valencia or Young.

Also, with Kagawa and Adnan we'd look far too narrow with Adnan, Rooney and Kagawa all wanting to occupy the same areas.
I'm a firm believer we should play our own game and for a start not worry about the opposition... especially as Spurs are having a hard time too at the moment. We don't have many options... Valencia will most likely play on the right anyway and Adnan on the left with Evra behind, but I'd like to see something different. Not worried about width, there would be be plenty on the right with Valencia/Adnan.

Carl

I'm a firm believer we should play our own game and for a start not worry about the opposition... especially as Spurs are having a hard time too at the moment. We don't have many options... Valencia will most likely play on the right anyway and Adnan on the left with Evra behind, but I'd like to see something different. Not worried about width, there would be be plenty on the right with Valencia/Adnan.
There would with Valencia. Not with Adnan. We'd be relying on the fullbacks providing the width and when Smalling plays there that's a problem.

Amir

We do have four days between matches, and an extra day of rest compared with Spurs. I don't think fatigue should play too big a part in selecting the team.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Hopefully Lennon is out however, we are not that lucky he will do his usual to Pat.

Other than that, hope to see Rooney and Carrick start. I know every game is such a big game now and are all important but this would really be a massive win, to continue the form and it should put us a position or two higher.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
--------------De Gea-----------
Rafael*-Smalling-Evans--Evra
---------Carrick--Cleverley-----
Valencia-----Rooney-----Young
--------------Welbeck----------

*If Rafa doesn't make it, same back 4 as today. If Fletcher had a few more starts i'd be tempted to chuck him in for this, but it may be too soon. Can see Hernandez being isolated up top, let Danny use his link up play to get the others in the game.

Salfordlad70

I say play adnan.His threat will subdue there right hand side and Tony V is a workhorse down our right so they should be worried more about our threat.The only issue for me is whether Cleverley or Fletcher partner Carrick.This is a game made for Jones sadly, a big miss.

Beat this lot and we'll slowly start getting the bodies back and hopefully in time for Chelsea.By that time the likes of Carrick and Fletcher should have better fitness.Let's hope we start 2014 with a real good result! A 2-1 win here for me.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Play Januzaj and Valencia.

If Rafael is out, then play Valencia at right back and get Young and Januzaj on the wings.

Skywarden

RVP and Rooney will hopefully be back for this one. I am less positive about Rafael returning.

Bloody injuries.:annoyed:

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Didn't think I'd ever say this but I'd have Young over Valencia on the right. Young's done OK recently and done winger stuff like beating his man now and again and putting in a few decent crosses.

Giggsforever

-------------DDG
Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra

-------Carrick Cleverly

Valencia---Rooney--Januzaj

------------RVP

The Azzurri

Why are we playing tottenham so fast again? Thought we just played them in November. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.