Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea​
Rafael Smalling Evans Evra​
Jones Cleverley​
Nani Kagawa Januzaj​
Rooney​
If Rooney isn't fit, then I'd go with Hernandez, but either him or Welbeck would be fine. Pretty much the whole team picks itself, apart from the #10 and #9 positions, and Valencia seems to always play, though I would like to see Nani get a start on the right, so I put him instead. Think for once we might even have a comfortable home win. Here's hoping...​

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
De Gea

Rafa
Jones
Evans
Evra

Valencia
Cleverley
Fletcher
Januzaj

Rooney

Welbeck

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Hopefully Rooney will be fit for this game.

---------------------------------DDG-----------------------------------
Rafael-----------Evans------------Vidic/Jones--------------Evra
Valencia/Nani----Cleverley---Fellaini/Fletcher-----Januzaj
------------------------------Kagawa/Rooney--------------------------
--------------------Rooney/Chicharito/Welbeck----------------

Just highlighting some of the options we can use. It is very important we keep the good run going. We are overdue a big win at OT and this is a good opportunity. Will place us in a very good position confidence wise for upcoming matches as well.

3-0 or 4-1 to united.

Mad Winger

------------ DDG -----------
Rafael - Jones - Evans - Evra
---- Cleverley - Fletcher ----
Valencia - Kagawa - Januzaj
---------- Rooney ---------

Revan

Assumptionman
For the first time this season I actually expect a big margin win. Going for 4-0.

Also, very likely I'll miss this game :(

buckooo1978

Any word on Fellaini?

Think Rooney is out so would be good to see Kagawa get a game behind Hernandez

ricky-romeo

if rooney is out then ,

-----------------de gea------------------
rafael-------smalling--------evans-----evra
valencia---cleverley------jones-------januzaj
-------------------kagawa---------------
-------------------welbeck----------------

if rooney is fit, then he starts instead of kagawa

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Our scapegoats have all scored recently - Welbeck, Cleverley, Young, Evra.

BRING ON FELLAINI.

soapythecat

Would love to see Fletcher start this alongside Jones. Doubt it will happen though, maybe a cameo later in the game.
I think West Ham will be in good spirits after the Spurs win, so hopefully they will come at us a bit which should suit us. Let's get another win and some more form.
Come on Moyes.

buckooo1978

i wouldnt risk a half fit Rooney....

we are playing with confidence and we've enough goal power to beat West Ham comfortably....stick him on the bench at best - Young looked fired up after the goal so I'd play him again

if Fellaini is fit

De Gea

Rafa
Jones
Evans
Evra

Nani
Cleverley
Fellaini
Young

Kagawa

Welbeck

subs: Lindegard, Smalling, Januzaj, Rooney, Hernandez, Fletcher, Valencia

Ash_G

If Rooney isn't fit then I'd be hesitant to go with a similar attack to the Stoke game, I mean it's harsh to properly judge due to the first half weather but we really did look lacking in creativity and it's clearly a pattern that where the other team is organised/hard working that we're still struggling a bit, I mean you can see the clear difference for example in Valencia's game against Bayer lev/Villa where they left themselves open and their fullback isloated to the games like against stoke where they're compact and you expect West Ham to flood the middle.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If there is even the slightest doubt over the Rooney's readiness then i don't see the need to rush him back and potentially exacerbate what is a minor injury at present. I'd be fine with either Hernandez or Danny starting, or both of them for that matter.

Salfordlad70

De Gea

Rafa
Jones
Evans
Evra

Valencia
Cleverley
Fletcher
Januzaj

Rooney

Welbeck
If Rooney's fit then this is a good eleven for the weekend.Without Rooney, I would play Shinji if he has recovered from illness.I might be tempted to use Fellaini over Fletcher, assuming he's fit that is.This could well be a match for him to get a grip of his game and gain some confidence.The back four picks itself for me.I agree with Revan, 4-0 United.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
We should win this without Rooney. That being said, there's been a few games this season in which we've been saying that.

Time to get the home form back and running.

Ash_G

If there is even the slightest doubt over the Rooney's readiness then i don't see the need to rush him back and potentially exacerbate what is a minor injury at present. I'd be fine with either Hernandez or Danny starting, or both of them for that matter.

I wouldn't be keen on seeing them both, just think they're not well matched at all. Welbeck as a number 10 isn't a creative player, he's not going to put Hernandez in, he's good there when you expect to play on the counter or need to do a job on someone as we saw with Real. Then as a front two again I don't see them clicking, Welbeck isn't the sort to occupy the two cb's to then open space for Hernandez and tbh with how West Ham are playing, flooding midfield, we'll need someone dropping anyway.

Anduin

With Rooney:

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Evra
Jones - Cleverley
Nani - Rooney - Januzaj
Welbeck

Without Rooney:

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Evra
Jones - Cleverley
Nani - Kagawa - Januzaj
Welbeck

Valencia could do with a rest, and Nani needs game time, so there you go. Will be a bit tough though, we only beat West Ham 1-0 last year due to a deflected RvP goal in the first minute, I remember it was a really shit and nervy game. Win this and it's looking better at Christmas, keeping in touch with Champions League spots, a very winable Cup Semi Final coming up and through to the last 16 of the Champions League with a beatable opponent next.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I wouldn't be keen on seeing them both, just think they're not well matched at all. Welbeck as a number 10 isn't a creative player, he's not going to put Hernandez in, he's good there when you expect to play on the counter or need to do a job on someone as we saw with Real. Then as a front two again I don't see them clicking, Welbeck isn't the sort to occupy the two cb's to then open space for Hernandez and tbh with how West Ham are playing, flooding midfield, we'll need someone dropping anyway.
If Rooney and Kagawa still carry a degree of uncertainty i think we can rely on them being enough for West Ham, getting the right mix across the midfield would be of a greater concern to me. I see that few have elected to start Giggs yet i wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in the XI considering his absence yesterday.

Ash_G

If Rooney and Kagawa still carry a degree of uncertainty i think we can rely on them being enough for West Ham, getting the right mix across the midfield would be of a greater concern to me. I see that few have elected to start Giggs yet i wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in the XI considering his absence yesterday.

Giggs probably will play I'd imagine. I dunno I think those two making an unbalanced partnership could cause just as many issues. I suppose if Rooney is out either way we've got to get the team right, can't see someone coming up with a random screamer like Young did.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Argh the bullishness will unbearable after you beat West Ham this weekend, Im going for a comfortable 3-0 win, as they are so limited and predictable.

Just remember when Arsenal were playing the lightweights and winning you were constantly saying how they weren't playing anyone of note, now its Uniteds turn to be in that position whilst Arsenal face us and we face Liverpool too, so dont get too carried away ;)

Kag

De Gea
Rafael Evans Vidic Evra
Cleverley Jones
Valencia Kagawa Nani
Rooney

If Rooney and Vidic are out then bring in Welbeck and Smalling.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Argh the bullishness will unbearable after you beat West Ham this weekend, Im going for a comfortable 3-0 win, as they are so limited and predictable.

Just remember when Arsenal were playing the lightweights and winning you were constantly saying how they weren't playing anyone of note, now its Uniteds turn to be in that position whilst Arsenal face us and we face Liverpool too, so dont get too carried away ;)

West Brom & Southampton seem such a long time ago :nervous:

mufcwarm92

De Gea
Rafael Evans Vidic Evra
Cleverley Jones
Valencia Kagawa Nani
Rooney

If Rooney and Vidic are out then bring in Welbeck and Smalling.
I'd go for exactly that but with Januzaj rather than Nani, who can come on later. Looks a good side

Danillaco

Well, we did took big games more often so far, now we get some lesser teams, to maybe close the distance and try to convince some pundits we are not out of the race just yet...:smirk:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I'm not expecting 3 nil or a cricket scoreline, but I think we will win after the form we have started to accumulate. West Ham always give us a fecking game, so we have to do well for this one. We should beat Hull and Norwich for sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Poor Hernandez not getting many mentions.

If he doesn't start on saturday with VP and potentially Rooney out, he'll really get cheesed off.

Although he does have the guaranteed start of one of Hull or Norwich away as it's 2 games in 3 days!

Gerald G

de Gea
Rafael--Smalling--Evans--Evra
Jones--Cleverley
Valencia--Kagawa--Januzaj
Welbeck

or Hernandez + Welbeck. But they just don't seem to combine too well and West Ham will pack out the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.