Manchester United vs Wrexham (Wed 26th July, 03:30 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Venue: Snapdragon Stadium, San Diego, USA
Kick off time: 19:30 local (25th July), 03:30 UK
Channel: MUTV

georgipep

Venue: Snapdragon Stadium, San Diego, USA
Kick off time: 19:30 local (25th July), 03:30 UK
Channel: MUTV

That stupid video promo annoys me more than it should. Most of all, how did SAF agree to play this moronic part insinuating he won't say a word seeing they're on mute...

Bertie Wooster

I assume this will be a changed side with mainly U21 players?
Yeah, as well as Johnny Evans.

What I can't work out is whether it'll include some of the younger players from the main squad - many of whom didn't feature v Arsenal - such as Hannibal, Fernandez, Gore, Bishop, Vitek...)

It would make sense to some extent if they were selected as the main players v Wrexham, while the senior players will be getting most minutes v Madrid I imagine, and I've read a few sources that say it will include a mix of a new squad and some from the senior one (the youngsters from it). But then, Forson and Williams got a half v Arsenal, so the likes of Hannibal and Fernandez might get an opportunity v Madrid. And, even if they don't, as others pointed out there's the travelling to different parts of the US for each squad to be taken into account as well.

So, yeah, it'll mostly be the U21 team plus Evans (and maybe Huddlestone?) But whether or not any of the lesser used players from the 32 man main tour move across for that game I'm not sure.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Not sure why people are upset or bothered about a reserve team game organised to boost the PR of another team.

Bertie Wooster

It's an inconvenient kick off time but I'm planning on trying to get to sleep a little earlier and setting my alarm for it. It won't leave much time to get any sleep again after the game though, so I'm probably going to be ready for a good sleep Thursday night - except I'll then be watching United v Madrid from 1.30-3.30am! :lol:

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The fecking state of people on here.

It's pre season for feck sake, it's about making money and getting fit,

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
This is great for my adoptive City. I won’t be watching it live but will look for to the replay.

tidraKS

Are we sure none of our first team is playing here? Like the guys who came back later could play 30 mins I guess.

Demon Barber

Is ETH going to be managing the Academy kids? He has a bigger game 24hrs later in Houston.
I'm pretty sure it is less than 24 hours later, but I suspect he will be at both. The man loves control.

Squad selection for this will be interesting.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Still haven't had any confirmation of the "Second" squad if you will and who travelled for this but assuming none are out on loan yet, I'd like to see

Kovar
Jurado Bennett Fish Alvarez
Mejbri Gore Hansen Aaroen
Emeran Hugill Forson

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Still haven't had any confirmation of the "Second" squad if you will and who travelled for this but assuming none are out on loan yet, I'd like to see

Kovar
Emeran Hugill Forson
Lets how the welsh farmers dont do a possebon moment on these kids.

Ed9

Kovar
Emeran Hugill Forson
Jonny Evans is meant to play and Kovar is apparently in Prague.
But I hope to see Hannibal and Fernandez as they didn't play against Arsenal.

Blood Mage

This is just for the kids to get a run out isn't it? Will probably give it a miss.

Bertie Wooster

Kovar
Emeran Hugill Forson
I assume Alvarez is Alvaro Fernandez?
Bennett picked up an injury so won't be there I expect, so it'll probably be Johnny Evans at CB.
I'm not too sure what's happening with Kovar, but I expect it'll be the two younger keepers from the main group while there's 5 keepers in that now - so Bishop and Vitek.
But, yeah, I'm hoping to see something like that if the likes of Fernandez, Gore and Hannibal cross over from the other squad to get lengthy game time here.

Last edited:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I assume Alvarez is Alvaro Fernandez?
Bennett picked up an injury so won't be there I expect, so it'll probably be Johnny Evans at CB.
I'm not too sure what's happening with Kovar, but I expect it'll be the two younger keepers from the main group while there's 5 keepers in that now - so Bishop and Vitek.
But, yeah, I'm hoping to see something like that if the likes of Fernandez, Gore and Hannibal cross over from the other squad to get lengthy game time here.
Ha apologies, was only writing quickly and seem to have merged both names! I did say assuming none are on loan as I know Gore & Kovar are both in talks aren't they with loans

Haven't seen any second squad though and it's not possible to use the main squad for both games, that would be insane unless we split it I suppose but doesn't feel sensible so assume the kids have travelled too.

lex talionis

Looking forward to this one. I actually like the idea of the whippersnappers getting a full 90 against a lower side then the next day the first team go up against a top side.

Bertie Wooster

Ha apologies, was only writing quickly and seem to have merged both names! I did say assuming none are on loan as I know Gore & Kovar are both in talks aren't they with loans

Haven't seen any second squad though and it's not possible to use the main squad for both games, that would be insane unless we split it I suppose but doesn't feel sensible so assume the kids have travelled too.
Yeah, really not sure what they're doing in terms of any players leaving the main squad for this game - though obviously any that do will be the ones not featuring against Madrid.

The likes of Fernandez, Gore, Hannibal, Forson are obviously in the main squad but I imagine some of those, along with the younger keepers, may split away from it for this double header and feature v Wrexham instead - as we won't be using 32 players, and 5 keepers, in the Madrid friendly! :)

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Kovar
Emeran Hugill Forson
Looked like we're playing with 12. Would be great.

This would be a decent line-up.

YzWayne

People complaining about a pre-season game timing where it happens so rarely for them whereas people like us in Asia, have to wake up at around the same timing to watch UCL matches almost every year.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
People complaining about a pre-season game timing where it happens so rarely for them whereas people like us in Asia, have to wake up at around the same timing to watch UCL matches almost every year.
That’s the price you pay for supporting a team from a different time zone. I wouldn’t be complaining if I was a big fan of an Asian team and the kick off times didn’t suit me.

YzWayne

That’s the price you pay for supporting a team from a different time zone. I wouldn’t be complaining if I was a big fan of an Asian team and the kick off times didn’t suit me.
The issue here is I am not even complaining?