Manchester United Women - Silly Season 2023/24 - Ins and outs

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Amazed by how many players have come in & gone out this summer
Yup, big turnover. Large majority of players in the first team squad now were signed either this or last season. Every player we signed during 20/21 has now gone!

Demon Barber

An excellent window, if the Malard loan is confirmed. Annoyingly we lost Russo to a rival on a free and Battle to the club she loves, but the others who left rarely got minutes here. These new signings show serious ambition.

Geyse, Miyazawa, Evans, Rabjohn, George, Guerrero, Tullis-Joyce, and Malard(?) - that is some statement. How Skinner uses them is anybody's guess.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
An excellent window, if the Malard loan is confirmed. Annoyingly we lost Russo to a rival on a free and Battle to the club she loves, but the others who left rarely got minutes here. These new signings show serious ambition.

Geyse, Miyazawa, Evans, Rabjohn, George, Guerrero, Tullis-Joyce, and Malard(?) - that is some statement. How Skinner uses them is anybody's guess.
Emma Watson as well.

Lightbringer

Or how about - ignore all that. We got business done. Next?
I think we did alright. But probably got a bit panicky in the end.

We know there has been lots of criticism inte past about or negotiating skills, which makes this report more reliable. But it could also be clickbait of course.

We missed out on Cooney-Cross, unsure of why. Since we brought in new people to negotiate with Russo I assume everything was not up to standard.

But we´ll move on from silly season shortly and hope everyone can gel together in time for the start of the season which is not an easy programme!

Last edited:

Himannv

I reckon we should take that report seriously and look to improve things in the upcoming windows and have a better plan for contract negotiations. Having said that, it looks like a good window for us all things considered and now it's down to how we fare on the pitch and get the new signings involved.

Demon Barber

Contract negotiations, transfer dealings etc. are generally dreadful. We know that. What irked me was such a negative article when we have just signed excellent players.

padzilla

Hipster
Supposed lifelong United fan Russo jumping at first chance to play for Arsenal. Good riddance.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Contract negotiations, transfer dealings etc. are generally dreadful. We know that. What irked me was such a negative article when we have just signed excellent players.
They are not satisfied with just putting the boot in on the men's side of the game, it is open season.

Demon Barber

We have a behind closed doors pre-season game v Spurs, I believe. When is it? I cannot find any details

Demon Barber

2pm

Not sure whether it'll be broadcast again.
Thank you. The lack of communication from the club is frustrating. I tried to get my PSG ticket but they are not on sale yet. The website says it is at LSV but other sources say it is being played at City's academy.

Okay, it is probably all my fault for not engaging with social media.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Thank you. The lack of communication from the club is frustrating. I tried to get my PSG ticket but they are not on sale yet. The website says it is at LSV but other sources say it is being played at City's academy.

Okay, it is probably all my fault for not engaging with social media.
Nah it's smart to be honest, social media is a nightmare. Game stuff will usually be posted in this forum anyway, team news should be out in a half hour so we should finally get some info that isn't just an attempt to direct people to the club shop then.

Lightbringer

United are cursed, this surely will put an end to the plan of Kerolin joining us in January!

And the last friggin game of the season as well. Its a fecking epidemy this ACL crap!

voyasvirta

Hope Kerolin recovers swiftly. But due to how well Malard has played for us, I think we will now focus on signing Malard permanently (if Lyon and Malard agree) from the rumoured world record fee for Kerolin.

Demon Barber

Hope Kerolin recovers swiftly. But due to how well Malard has played for us, I think we will now focus on signing Malard permanently (if Lyon and Malard agree) from the rumoured world record fee for Kerolin.
Personally I'd like us to sign both Kerolin and Malard, especially as Williams will be 36 in January.

Lightbringer

So its starting all over again.....

Please just let her go ASAP - so we dont need to be tortured any longer :-(