Manchester United Women - Silly Season - Summer 2024 edition

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
We’ve also been linked to Wolfsburg striker Ewa Pajor, who has a release clause of €500k. It would be one hell of a signing if it did happen

Grande

We’ve also been linked to Wolfsburg striker Ewa Pajor, who has a release clause of €500k. It would be one hell of a signing if it did happen
That would be something. CL top scorer last year, BuLi player if the year, nominated as one of ten for world player of the year. Still only 27

Demon Barber

Both Grosso and Pajor would certainly be statement signings from INEOS. Are these sources in any way reliable?

I find it hard to believe that proven top players would sign for a club with no CL football - unless it was a really good sales pitch from United.

TMS

Both Grosso and Pajor would certainly be statement signings from INEOS. Are these sources in any way reliable?

I find it hard to believe that proven top players would sign for a club with no CL football - unless it was a really good sales pitch from United.
Could this be a hint that we're looking to make a statement appointment in the managers position? We may be able to convince players with a combination of competitive salaries and an exciting project.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Meanwhile we've got reports today that Irene Guerrero is likely to leave - no surprise there. We've apparently made no move to sign Malard who was here on loan. Garcia is also likely to leave, her contract runs out next month.

It's also suggested that Hayley Ladd may be looking for a player/coach role somewhere. She's just completed her UEFA A licence and will probably be looking at starting the qualification process for UEFA Pro. She's under contract until 2025 but I doubt United would try and stop her if she finds the right opportunity somewhere.

Scanny

Meanwhile we've got reports today that Irene Guerrero is likely to leave - no surprise there. We've apparently made no move to sign Malard who was here on loan. Garcia is also likely to leave, her contract runs out next month.

It's also suggested that Hayley Ladd may be looking for a player/coach role somewhere. She's just completed her UEFA A licence and will probably be looking at starting the qualification process for UEFA Pro. She's under contract until 2025 but I doubt United would try and stop her if she finds the right opportunity somewhere.
I’ll miss Garcia if she leaves. Always gives her all.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Here we go.

So we sell somebody who could be a really good player for us, so Skinner will then sign more players who he actually will barely play in the team anyway. The people up high should be looking into the money he is wasting on players.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Started wondering whether it would be a good idea to loan out some of the players who have missed the whole season to a league that runs throughout the summer period.

George, Watson & co. will probably just become match fit when our season ends. Seems a bit of a waste to just train for the summer when match sharpness is literally the only thing they need.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Started wondering whether it would be a good idea to loan out some of the players who have missed the whole season to a league that runs throughout the summer period.

George, Watson & co. will probably just become match fit when our season ends. Seems a bit of a waste to just train for the summer when match sharpness is literally the only thing they need.
ACL injury rehab is tough though - it's very easy for a player to get reinjured almost instantly on returning to competitive football. So wherever they train/play needs to be handling them with care.

If anything my worry with Watson is that she'll get called up to a U21 or a Scotland squad and she'll be too eager to play.

I agree with you in general terms though. It would be nice if they came out of the summer in match mode, not rehab mode.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
ACL injury rehab is tough though - it's very easy for a player to get reinjured almost instantly on returning to competitive football. So wherever they train/play needs to be handling them with care.

If anything my worry with Watson is that she'll get called up to a U21 or a Scotland squad and she'll be too eager to play.

I agree with you in general terms though. It would be nice if they came out of the summer in match mode, not rehab mode.
You’re right. Still being able to play say from middle of May and getting the first minutes in mid July doesn’t sound ideal either.