Manchester United worst transfer in

Bocca9978

We all moaned about him at the time.
But no, not worst ever.

He was shit though.

Bocca9978

That's not the discussion here.
He isn't the worst, and not even close to being in the discussion about our worst transfer ever.
We all moaned about him at the time.
But no, not worst ever.

He was shit though.

mykelawrence

William Prunier (loan, 95-96) looked very out of his depth in the 2 games he played for us

The Karel Poborsky transfer was basically just based on Euro 96.

Oberton and Bebe were pointless.

But, I do think the knock-on effect of the Sanchez transfer might well have the worst effect on the club in recent years. I'm sure it has caused a huge amount of discontent within the squad.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
William Prunier (loan, 95-96) looked very out of his depth in the 2 games he played for us

The Karel Poborsky transfer was basically just based on Euro 96.

Oberton and Bebe were pointless.

But, I do think the knock-on effect of the Sanchez transfer might well have the worst effect on the club in recent years. I'm sure it has caused a huge amount of discontent within the squad.
Not true, he looked good in his first match, and wasn't as bad in the second as some fans or the press would have you believe.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sanchez by far.

Nearly half a million salary per week, causing resentment in dressing room with several key players asking too much and unable to renew contract, with no re-sell value, very shite performances, can’t score goals.

I have a feeling if we want to sell him, we may need to compensate at further 40m loss. With his astronomical wage and poor performance, no way there is any club willing to pay us a penny for him.

If you work out the total amount we’ve invested in him (25m wage a year x 4 = 100m, plus signing on fee and agent fee around 30m) that’s total around 130m spent with no resell value, and he did feck all.

Last edited:

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sanchez is the obvious shout and a worthy winner.

But....our record signing has been a monumental flop and hasn’t got as much as a mention. He’s at least worth a shout in terms of the massive gap between what we expected from him when we signed him and the absolute dross he delivers week in week out.

big_black_dog

1. Alexis
2. Di Maria
3. Young
4. Valencia
Really?
Valencia had a very good couple of season.

On top of my head, got to be Sanchez, Schweinsteiger and Falcao..
Schneiderlin deserves a shout too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Needham

Yep and was paid Sanchez type wages at the time - £500 a week in 1980! :eek:
What was an adult in then, a quid thirty? So it took 380 odd adult fans to pay Birtles a week's wages. Today, at the 31 pound ticket rate...Sanchez's 300k per week (let's say) works out at TEN THOUSAND feckING SUPPORTERS THROUGH THE GATE PAYING THIS cnut'S WEEKLY BASIC WAGE. I'd say Sanchez has been poorer value for money.