Mangers/Coaching Staff Spitting In Football

klayton88

I've just watched highlights of Atlético Madrid and at fulltime the camera cuts to Simeone and he is just stood there spitting. Big huge balls of spit. Not singling him out because countless managers do it. It's nothing short of vile. They have no reason to. It's almost like it's something they just do unconsciously. It's not only managers though. Players that are substituted on and have ran 20 yards to their position and the camera always catching them spitting. Given the current times it needs to be something picked up on. There is no reason for a manger/coaching staff to be spitting, it's disgusting. Thoughts? Can anything be implemented?

Ludens the Red

Pep Guardiola does this a lot, like a shit loads. He just stands there spitting for no reason. I’ve always thought it was a bit weird. Then again he’s a massive attention seeking knob on the touch line so I supposed going around spitting for no reason fits into that.

Zuggie

Probably to calm the nerves, ive done it when i used to play footy..

slored1

Pep Guardiola does this a lot, like a shit loads. He just stands there spitting for no reason. I’ve always thought it was a bit weird. Then again he’s a massive attention seeking knob on the touch line so I supposed going around spitting for no reason fits into that.
Yes I find him the most annoying out of all of them. The guy spits every time they score a goal, there's literally no reason to do that. Proper fecking weirdo.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I understand players spitting, taking the energy gels and drinks with intense exercise does seem to build up flemmy remains.
Never understood why a manager would do it though. I haven't seen any manager do it but I guess I'm not looking for it.

youngrell

Not wanting to defend it, because I don’t enjoy seeing it either. But. Could it be that both Guardiola and Simeone are two of the worst because they get so worked up on the sidelines that spit builds up as if they are running around?

Players coming on will have been warming up too. I don’t spit in my day to day but I do quite a bit on the pitch because I need to.

El Zoido

It could just be a habit left over from their playing days.

Dante

Average bang
In the post-covid world, it should probably be looked at.

In the currently-experiencing-covid world, it's definitely not the best idea. Banning it might not be realistic, but the governing bodies should have a word with players and managers.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never understood it either, doesn't seem to happen in other sports.

Think it's more of a habit that people just do because they see others doing it also.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Not wanting to defend it, because I don’t enjoy seeing it either. But. Could it be that both Guardiola and Simeone are two of the worst because they get so worked up on the sidelines that spit builds up as if they are running around?

Players coming on will have been warming up too. I don’t spit in my day to day but I do quite a bit on the pitch because I need to.
I think you’ve nailed it.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Spitting in the street is actually illegal in the UK (legacy of TB epidemics). I never understood why footballers need to do it, but yeah managers is even worse, just stupid. And that nobody wants to even mention banning it in football during an airborne pandemic (and then hopefully permanently) I just can't fathom.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Spitting in the street is actually illegal in the UK (legacy of TB epidemics). I never understood why footballers need to do it, but yeah managers is even worse, just stupid. And that nobody wants to even mention banning it in football during an airborne pandemic (and then hopefully permanently) I just can't fathom.
Build up of phlegm

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Swallow it and stop being a little bish though :confused:
After a while it gets hard to swallow, it’s hard not to spit out.

I’m not saying things can’t be changed during a global pandemic, I’m just telling why they do it.

Jibbs

Uncultured knobs. A player doing that in middle of a game is understandable given the fluids they are taking but a manager doing it is just disgusting

Oranges038

Managers who are moving about and waving their arms and shouting are going to generate saliva, spit and phlegm in their throats. To shout and encourage from the line properly it needs to be cleared out, spitting is just a consequence of the activity. Yeah, they could swallow it down, or take a drink, but that will just generate more.

I doubt they spit every day walking round the house or the office. It's football, watch any game any time anywhere and people will be spitting at different times, I think it's quite unavoidable.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I run a lot and am an animal spitter.
But never when just stood watching sport. That's odd.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Managers who are moving about and waving their arms and shouting are going to generate saliva, spit and phlegm in their throats. To shout and encourage from the line properly it needs to be cleared out, spitting is just a consequence of the activity. Yeah, they could swallow it down, or take a drink, but that will just generate more.

I doubt they spit every day walking round the house or the office. It's football, watch any game any time anywhere and people will be spitting at different times, I think it's quite unavoidable.
Unavoidable? Maybe on very rare occasions e.g. Pogba spitting when his mouth was full of blood or if the player feels nauseous or something, but swallowing phlegm doesn't produce more that's bollocks. They spit because they're allowed to not because they need to, just like with diving or talking back to referees.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
wow...just wow...you guys seriously don't have anything better to do than to get offended by a person spitting on the pitch?

jesus titty fecking christ, the world's well and truly gone to shit...

Oranges038

Unavoidable? Maybe on very rare occasions e.g. Pogba spitting when his mouth was full of blood or if the player feels nauseous or something, but swallowing phlegm doesn't produce more that's bollocks. They spit because they're allowed to not because they need to, just like with diving or talking back to referees.
I didn't mean it generates more, I really meant more will be generated.

But, yeah spit blood, but not saliva, one is as unavoidable as the other at times during the game.

On the pitch at any level, if you either don't have a vessel to spit into or you don't immediately have some fluid to wash it down. If your throat is dry and you can't swallow it, it's going to get hocked up and spit out.

For all we know they swallow it down 90% of the time and the times they do spit is what is caught on camera.

Brightonian

It doesn't bother me but it is weird. They're literally just standing/sitting for 90 minutes. No exertion whatsoever. Why do they need to do it?

TheReligion

Abusive
I think people believe it's okay to spit on the grass rather than elsewhere. Don't think you'd see them doing it inside a training facility. I also think it's down to habit than necessity.

I never feel the need to spit whilst doing instance physical training/exercise. Even when running a long distance or doing interval sprints. There's literally no need to do it.