Marco Silva - Fulham Manager

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-over-at-fulham-after-turning-down-fenerbahce

Marco Silva has been confirmed as Fulham manager on a three-year contract, having turned down an offer from Fenerbahce to take over at the Championship club.

The former Hull City and Watford manager has been out of work since leaving Everton in December 2019, and will be assisted by Luís Boa Morte, who made 250 appearances for Fulham as a player in a six-and-a-half-year spell. Silva will replace Scott Parker, who has joined Bournemouth.

Remember when he was the next big thing?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Why did Parker leave Fulham for Bournemouth? Fulham were looking the type of team that could have potentially gone up again and sustained their position this time round ala Burnley.

Gandalf

Why did Parker leave Fulham for Bournemouth? Fulham were looking the type of team that could have potentially gone up again and sustained their position this time round ala Burnley.
Not much information out there but despite him not being fired he has been pretty consistently linked with a move since just before the end of the season. I assume the relationship with Tony Khan might have been rocky, American sports owners tend to be very hands on regardless of their knowledge or competence.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Not much information out there but despite him not being fired he has been pretty consistently linked with a move since just before the end of the season. I assume the relationship with Tony Khan might have been rocky, American sports owners tend to be very hands on regardless of their knowledge or competence.
Ah that makes more sense, was a very strange move on the face of it though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Does he still wear those huge watches? The Flavor Flav of managers.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Paul Merson may have been right about this one even if it was full on brexit ranting

JB7

I'd hope it was rocky given Parker had presided over two relegations in two and a half seasons as a manager.

He probably couldn't believe his luck that another club came in for him so jumped at the chance.

Nickelodeon

He looks like Colin Farrell.

That's my contribution to the thread.

Brophs

The One and Only
Is he actually any good? There’s very little to suggest it, other than a good agent.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm surprised he got a job again after how he handled himself at Watford and the subsequent meltdown at Everton.

Sigma

I like him and think he is a good manager with not enough experience in his last few jobs in England (Watford and Everton). I think those experiences will help him be a success with Fulham.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
19 goals in last 3 games.
7 vs Reading
6 vs Bristol
6 vs Birmingham

CallyRed

Looks like they will come straight back up but you can't help but think they and Norwich will end up replacing eachother again in the 2023/24 season.