Marco Van Basten

Bondi77

I know this is self indulgence on my part but I just get a warm fuzzy feeling when I watch this man in action.
I have never seen a more complete balanced graceful footballer who made the game look so easy while being a prolific striker who could score any type of goal and doing it at a time in probably the hardest league to score goals in.
Anyone get a similar feeling with any player?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Dave Kitson.

From the little I've seen Platini made the game look ridiculously easy.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know this is self indulgence on my part but I just get a warm fuzzy feeling when I watch this man in action.
I have never seen a more complete balanced graceful footballer who made the game look so easy while being a prolific striker who could score any type of goal and doing it at a time in probably the hardest league to score goals in.
Anyone get a similar feeling with any player?
R9 for me. The footballing love of my life. Never seen anything like him.

Van Basten was a brilliant complete striker though. I have mainly watched him retrospectively. I think he’s the reason I love Van Persie so much too. You can tell Persie is a chip off his block, and I am unashamed to say that even while Persie was at Arsenal, he was a player who I loved greatly and made centre forward play look so beautiful. It was different to the likes of Henry. He couldn’t ‘cheat’ a bit with unreal athleticism. Total precision and beauty, matched with efficiency.

I see Mason Greenwood coming from the same lineage as Van Basten and Van Persie, which is probably why I’m so drawn to his game.

Beyond those two, Messi/Ronaldinho, of course - and also Iniesta was always a joy to watch.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
IMO the best centre forward of all time.

277 goals in 373 appearances, 3x Eredivisie titles, 3x Serie A titles, x2 European Cups, 1 European Championship with the Dutch, 3x Ballon d'Or winner and all this while retiring aged 28.