Marco Verratti… | signs for Al-Arabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Go for him. He is better at passing and holding the ball than anyone we have got.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would he a pretty stupid signing considering he can’t stay fit

JuriM

Good lord yes, if possible.
Got lord, no, your post is from 2018. He is past his best, fitness issues and mental issues to stay motivated the whole season. Every PSG fan I know wants to send him off to Saudi Arabia.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Got lord, no, your post is from 2018. He is past his best, fitness issues and mental issues to stay motivated the whole season. Every PSG fan I know wants to send him off to Saudi Arabia.
Yet better than anything we have in a first phase midfielder. I'm not saying he's anywhere near the player he was, but if we're happy with Amrabat, you've surely got to be happy with Verratti.

Mercurial

Such a transfer would manifest us firmly as European Elephant graveyard #1

Casemiro
Varane
CR7
Cavani
Veratti

RedUnited86

If there's ever a move that shows we haven't learned from our past mistakes, this is it.

Bringing in a player who had all but checked out of playing at the highest level in favour of riches from Saudi, and expecting him to bring in the needed quality/mentality to improve us?

Melodramatic, but if there's even a sniff of this being true then it'll confirm we're going absolutely no-where with Ten Hag/Murtough at the helm

£450 million spent, are you telling me Ten Hag's revered possession play is so reliant on one single player (De Jong) that failure to get him means we have to completely abandon it in favour of a more counter attacking style of play? With all the resources at the club, there's a not a single player they've been able to identify in the whole of Europe that can help us to recycle and hold possession? Maybe also a DM that doesn't look like he's running through treacle?

The club is a mess from top to bottom.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

As useful as Thiago at Liverpool. Get Onana and Amrabat, stop messing around.

If it’s not Tchouameni or Kimmich. I don’t want these big names.

Plastic Evra

I love him truly but he would be on titanic wages, has dodgy availability, not the greatest discipline on pitch and he's getting older. Doesn't really help with "physicality" much either though not shy for his size.
Magnificent player but not the right choice for United.

DoctorPepper

He's absolutely done. This is the kind of transfer the club should absolutely stop making.

saivet

I really rate him as a player but he's injury prone, not a long term solution with a questionable motivation. Getting him alongside a younger CM (not Mount) and I would understand a move but if we actually did get him, it just looks like poor planning. It would be two summers in a row where we've realised after the season has started that we're short or lacking quality in key positions.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Go for him. He is better at passing and holding the ball than anyone we have got.
Always my muppets dream of a midfield signing but sadly that was 3-4 years ago. These days he’s seemingly out for large parts of the season due to injury, possibly a little bit of a question mark over his attitude/professionalism (maybe I’m wrong on that count). He’s getting older and he’s on high wages.

But yeah, supreme midfielder when he’s in form/on top of things. :drool:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I really rate him as a player but he's injury prone, not a long term solution with a questionable motivation. Getting him alongside a younger CM (not Mount) and I would understand a move but if we actually did get him, it just looks like poor planning. It would be two summers in a row where we've realised after the season has started that we're short or lacking quality in key positions.
I'm not sure it does look like poor planning, when we've been targeting Amrabaat for the window, last season we went all out for De Jong. They're all the same profile. The focus on Mount is probably where it looks like poor planning.

Should have been in a proper league years ago but hes too old and too injury prone now.

Anyway his career choices and big game performances suggest hes got no intention of going anywhere that might be a challenge for him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Feel like the Premier League would be way too much for him at this stage.

gibs0nic

Supports
united and barcelona
Pierre Emil Højbjerg seems to be allowed to leave Tottenham. He would be a great add to the team. He delivers a 100% effort, and he blocks the midfield. If you look at the statistics he's the midfielder who win most balls, runs a lot, making safe passes and he's a winner. He and Casemiro can handle the midfield against top teams, and when we are in a good situation he can be subbed with Mount and Eriksen for a more attacking style. He can also sub for Casemiro - no one can play every game right... except Pierre Emil Højbjerg, look at how many games he has played for Tottenham the last couple of years. There's a reason why he was such a high priority for Mourinho and that Conte used him in every game.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Pierre Emil Højbjerg seems to be allowed to leave Tottenham. He would be a great add to the team. He delivers a 100% effort, and he blocks the midfield. If you look at the statistics he's the midfielder who win most balls, runs a lot, making safe passes and he's a winner. He and Casemiro can handle the midfield against top teams, and when we are in a good situation he can be subbed with Mount and Eriksen for a more attacking style. He can also sub for Casemiro - no one can play every game right... except Pierre Emil Højbjerg, look at how many games he has played for Tottenham the last couple of years. There's a reason why he was such a high priority for Mourinho and that Conte used him in every game.
Hoejbjerg is a Bundesliga player and from Bayern. That should scare you. ;)

Baxquux

No. I mean, I get the DM urgency, but we'd get so irate every week over his deeply average use of the ball. There are miles better players at passing and driving with the ball who still have tackling ability and decent positioning and aren't an aging Cas or blundering Scott.

Levi1

Unfortunately, as soon as he is on a United contract, his drive will be gone. Mid table teams players are motivated to urn a top level contract

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We should absolutely get Verratti, at the very least on loan if possible. We have an entire midfield without any actual footballers in it. We except Eriksen, who is just alright. The market is not full of obvious options, especially considering budgetary constraints, so Verratti on the cheap is a risk well worth taking if we hope to have a football team that has any idea how to play football.

Zed is not dead

We should absolutely get Verratti, at the very least on loan if possible. We have an entire midfield without any actual footballers in it. We except Eriksen, who is just alright. The market is not full of obvious options, especially considering budgetary constraints, so Verratti on the cheap is a risk well worth taking if we hope to have a football team that has any idea how to play football.
If we need a footballer we should stay clear of Verratti.

He’s everything but a professionnal footballer. He’ll only add to our long list of unfit players with bad defending habits. He’ll get yellow cards every games - the games where he’ll be fit to play I mean.

It would only be a good news for night club owners in Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.