Marcus Rojo - Finally found a taker?

Hughie77

Loan deal at best, his wages to high. Read Villa looking at him as well.

red4ever 79

25m for Rojo is obscene. I wouldn't pay more than a packet of crisps. Often injured, awful defender rash in the tackle.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
What does it matter?

Ed/United won’t reinforce the team anymore anyways

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Is it going back into the pot for new players? Those huge net spends we have been having lately won’t pay for themselves.
wtf are you on about, we've spent a lot and hope to get some back through player sales, is that any different to any other club?

Do you think the Glazers just help themselves to what ever money they like?

ChaddyP

Would rather it was Jones to balance the centre back lineup. Jones, Smalling, Bailly and Tuanzebe all usually play on the right of Lindelof.

Strange to get rid of the left footed CB first before Jones, Smalling or Bailly. Regardless of how good you think Rojo is.
Jones plays on the left from what I remember

VanGaalEra

If we get 20M from Rojo, that's great business.

Shame it's just going straight to the Glazers though.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Come on Rojo make us win the net spend trophy.
Blimey, if we actually make a profit on Rojo, that would bring our net spend down to around £45m, and we still have Darmian to go...:rolleyes:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Still laugh at that period of time when United supporters were declaring him world class and that Bailly and Rojo were our best centrebacks.
Seems like a right character and I bet he’d be a total hoot around the ground and according to Shaw he’s someone you avoid during training games as he goes in with 2 footed studs up tackles and takes no prisoners.:lol:
It’s just not right to have a hardman who is built like glass.
My lasting memory of Rojo will be that game last season against Chelsea where, after witnessing Baily get away with a two-footed lunge and injuring himself, Rojo proceeds to come on the pitch and do his own two-footed lunge within about 5 minutes of being subbed on.

tomaldinho1

Honestly, £10m for him would be just fine by me
We have so many CBs it's unreal

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Would rather it was Jones to balance the centre back lineup. Jones, Smalling, Bailly and Tuanzebe all usually play on the right of Lindelof.
Jones plays on the left in that combo. He does prefer the right himself (at least I'm pretty sure he does), but he's the most adaptable so ends up playing on the left with any of our combos except for Rojo.

The order of who moves over to the left is: Rojo -> Jones -> Lindelof -> Smalling -> Bailly. Not sure where Tuanzebe fits in, but probably between Lindelof and Smalling.

Just realised I forgot Maguire in all this, but he'll obviously be first choice on the left.

red4ever 79

A loan deal would be crap for us. We need to cut the umbilical cord on these players.

Hopefully someone comes in for Bailly as well and is willing to take him and his wheelchair

Ainu

wtf are you on about, we've spent a lot and hope to get some back through player sales, is that any different to any other club?

That seems to be the popular opinion on here, yes. Any failed transfer window somehow gets blamed on them, regardless of how much was actually spent.

Bestietom

Hope this deal is done and someone comes in for Jones and Darmian also. But will we spend it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Any sort of deal would be good. Hopefully Darmian soon out the door, and then Sanchez, Bailly, and next summer Matic, Pereira and Mata.

Bestietom

We've already spent it ffs!
Huge protest on the horizon. We need to let Glazers and Woodward know that we are not standing for anymore crap from them. Every year they are pulling the wool over the fans eyes with promises.

davidmichael

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/marcos-rojo-everton-transfer-news-16719477

Hopefully this happens as it’s best for both us and Rojo that we cut ties, he’s not going to play for us if he stays so he’s better going somewhere where he'll get game time.

Can’t remember how much Rojo cost (£15 million ?) but I’d take him leaving on a free just to get him off the wage bill and free up squad space as we have Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling, Tuanzebe and Jones already and all are ahead of him.

Nickosaur

Not happy with just a loan. Needa to be permanent, and we cant be fussy on a price. Hell, even if it's a free, we should have shifted this deadwood already.

witchtrials

Blimey, if we actually make a profit on Rojo, that would bring our net spend down to around £45m, and we still have Darmian to go...:rolleyes:
True. Once you price Darmian's potential fee into it it comes to...

...£45m

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Everton have only 2 CBs. Keane and Mina. 3 if Holgate is played centrally.

GioF

Spent a lot? We’ve spent approx £140m with over half that coming back into the club from Lukaku. So we are already now less than £70m. Including the supposed deals for Rojo and possibly Darmain that could shave off another £30m.

So the ‘spent a lot’ is around £40m? And yeah of course most teams will buy/sell. What we’ve done is allow two midfielders leave in the last six months and not strengthen in that area.

Insult to injury is that we’ve known all summer that Lukaku would be sold and the deadwood like Rojo/Darmain would move on if the right deals were there. It’s hardly a fecking surprise they are going is it? It’s also not a surprise it’s come about on the final day of the transfer window and we ant reinvest the money. So yeah the Glazers will be pleased.

And they certainly helped themselves paying that fat loan off they took to buy the club. So don’t act like they have the club first money second mentality.

marktan

I actually like Rojo, he was class for us in that EL win season but then he broke his leg and has struggled for fitness and form ever since. I think naturally he's better than Bailly and Jones, I remember when his aggressiveness kept Diego Costa in check. Just a shame we a CB fitness voodoo

Khalifa711

I actually like Rojo, he was class for us in that EL win season but then he broke his leg and has struggled for fitness and form ever since. I think naturally he's better than Bailly and Jones, I remember when his aggressiveness kept Diego Costa in check. Just a shame we a CB fitness voodoo
Agree with this, as a CB he is better than both and with playing the ball out from defense. It's just a shame people will always remember what he was like as a LB.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Spent a lot? We’ve spent approx £140m with over half that coming back into the club from Lukaku. So we are already now less than £70m. Including the supposed deals for Rojo and possibly Darmain that could shave off another £30m.

So the ‘spent a lot’ is around £40m? And yeah of course most teams will buy/sell. What we’ve done is allow two midfielders leave in the last six months and not strengthen in that area.

Insult to injury is that we’ve known all summer that Lukaku would be sold and the deadwood like Rojo/Darmain would move on if the right deals were there. It’s hardly a fecking surprise they are going is it? It’s also not a surprise it’s come about on the final day of the transfer window and we ant reinvest the money. So yeah the Glazers will be pleased.

And they certainly helped themselves paying that fat loan off they took to buy the club. So don’t act like they have the club first money second mentality.
Yeh, I'm bored now :yawn:

Andersons Dietician

My lasting memory of Rojo will be that game last season against Chelsea where, after witnessing Baily get away with a two-footed lunge and injuring himself, Rojo proceeds to come on the pitch and do his own two-footed lunge within about 5 minutes of being subbed on.
:lol::lol: I think there was a game where he could have had 2 red cards and somehow managed to get away with it. 2 two footed challenges send the opposition flying and somehow he stayed on the pitch. It was incredible. I do like him he’s just, I don’t know, a bit mental and probably not good enough.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We want 25m for Rojo?
No wonder we still keep all our deadwood.

Danny Roberts

I think Everton are running out of options. Rojo is their third, at best, choice. Reckon they'll try to go elsewhere and if not look to take him on loan. We need to get rid of him and at least one, maybe two others. Jones I would more favour keeping as at least he offers cover in other positions unlike most of the rest.