Mario Mandžukić

Water Melon

Replacing Lukaku with Mario +cash and noone else would be well and truly awful.

Swiss_Red89

Sounds crazy but at this stage i prefer him to Dybala. It seems that Dybala don't want to come and if he would, only for astronomical money.

Mandzukic on the other side will be relatively cheap and i imagine he will be fired up to play for us. I also think he will be better for the dressing room as a leader than Dybala would be. Can see Manzu giving our young lads (including Rashford and Martial) helpful guidance and also a bollocking if needed.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Sounds crazy but at this stage i prefer him to Dybala. It seems that Dybala don't want to come and if he would, only for astronomical money.

Mandzukic on the other side will be relatively cheap and i imagine he will be fired up to play for us. I also think he will be better for the dressing room as a leader than Dybala would be. Can see Manzu giving our young lads (including Rashford and Martial) helpful guidance and also a bollocking if needed.
Nobody wants players at the club who don’t want to be here but Mandzukic is not at all what we need. Ole wants to play high energy pressing from the front where exactly does Mandzukic come into this system?

If we want a big target alternative then why get rid of Fellaini? If we just want a more physical presence Lukaku is quicker stronger and better than Mandzukic.

If we want experienced strikers to help our younger players we’ll Rashford and Martial have worked with Rooney and Ibrahimovic I would argue that’s two of the greatest strikers of the generation to have learnt from and I doubt that Mandzukic will be a better influence then say Ibra.

It makes no sense on any level to sign him and would represent a decline in our attack, age our squad and be a complete change from our policy of buying young hungry players.

Dozer

Nobody wants players at the club who don’t want to be here but Mandzukic is not at all what we need. Ole wants to play high energy pressing from the front where exactly does Mandzukic come into this system?
He's absolutely perfect for that. Don't let the fact he's 6'3 mislead you. He runs around like a madman, pressing and defending from the front. He's an exceptional athlete and professional.

RedRover

He'll be 18 in two months time, not that big of a deal. I'd rather rely on a hungry 18 year old that's looking a great talent over a 33 year old striker that will be looking more and more limited every time he gets a game.
Firstly, he's still a kid and needs to be protected and given the chance to develop properly. Not thrown in and then (most likely) criticised when he doesn't perform like a world beater every week. The management team at a club of this size should be able to pick and choose suitable games to aid his development. Not throw him into games when we're struggling which is going to do very little for his confidence when he inevitably struggles at some stage.

Secondly, a 33 year old player isn't finished. He's a line leading centre forward reliant on his strength and movement, and not pace. And whether you like it or not, there is always room in the PL for a big, awkward forward to come of the bench if you need to change the point of attack or do something different.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The reported 18m salary over 3 years and the 15m fee seem completely and utterly mad for a 33 yr old.

Bwuk

The reported 18m salary over 3 years and the 15m fee seem completely and utterly mad for a 33 yr old.
Not an issue with us paying him £6m a season if we get him on a free, but we shouldn’t be paying a transfer fee for him on top of that.

fps

Price is irrelevant, because there's no point putting another player on the books who's wrong for the club, and a 33 year old striker who's never played PL is the last thing United need right now.

Zed 101

What should also be taken into account is the attitude and experience that he can bring to the dressing room, training pitch and indeed the striking department, he has a brilliant attitude and personality, not saying I totally agree with the fees etc... but maybe this signing has as much to do with what he can offer off the pitch as well as giving some security on the pitch as a super sub/3rd striker option.

Look at the influence Ibra had over Pogba in particular whilst he was here, I am convinced that if Ibra had stayed Mou would not have had the majority of the issues he faced from the dressing room.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Price is irrelevant, because there's no point putting another player on the books who's wrong for the club, and a 33 year old striker who's never played PL is the last thing United need right now.
Quite, and he'll probably last a year tops.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Just when I thought the club was learning, a 3 year contract for a 33 year old would be right back to peak Woodward.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm guessing this one was never actually a goer. Heard nothing for a few days now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm guessing this one was never actually a goer. Heard nothing for a few days now.
All hinged on Dybala by the looks of things. It's like when you go to the check out and realise you don't have enough money for everything so rather than buy what you can you abort completely.

Ok so it's nothing like that but it does seem we didn't want to do one without the other

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
If signed it would obviously be to help ease greenwood in so a means to an end. As it is if Lukaku leaves we’re short on options

Ban

If we want a big target alternative then why get rid of Fellaini? If we just want a more physical presence Lukaku is quicker stronger and better than Mandzukic.

If we want experienced strikers to help our younger players we’ll Rashford and Martial have worked with Rooney and Ibrahimovic I would argue that’s two of the greatest strikers of the generation to have learnt from and I doubt that Mandzukic will be a better influence then say Ibra.

It makes no sense on any level to sign him and would represent a decline in our attack, age our squad and be a complete change from our policy of buying young hungry players.
If you ask what Mandžukić brings to pressing system it seems you don't have a clue about him.

kps88

I really thought this was an easy transfer to get done regardless of what happened with Lukaku.

Bwuk

Why sign another striker when we have Smashley Young? Why couldn't it work?
Didn’t he play upfront and score under LvG.

We don’t need captain fantastic at RB anymore.... step forward our new goal scorer.

VanGaalEra

I want this to happen, great mentality, he presses from the front and is good in the air. Would be great squad depth to have.

Hoping this goes through.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Would be better than nothing. I like Mandzukic but we’d still be missing a replacement for Herrera and Matic. Fred has a bit question mark over him and that leaves us with McTomminay and Pogba.

We’re fecking bonkers.

Patrick08

Replacing Lukaku with Mario +cash and noone else would be well and truly awful.
Why? Give Martial permanent no 9 and play him up front near the box, his goals will increase.

Manzukic to provide as a back up and variety up front and Sanchez and Rashford as strikers as well.

That's more than enough I feel. Of course we don't have to rush Sanchez though and let him come back to full fitness.

Bwuk

We should push this through. If we want to rest Martial and Rashford, who can we trust in the Europa games?

Mainoldo

So dead. Deadest transfer since Arsenal and Kim Kalstrum. However you spell his name.

RedDevilRoshi

Might as well I guess.

Good experience and gives us something a little different.

Sir Red Devil

He would be slightly better than nobody but we should not offer him more than 2 year contract.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Perfect for our new system. Experienced and a good professional for the young lads to be around.

tomaldinho1

We need another striker and he's relatively cheap, why not. Can lead a line well, yes he's old but he's not going to be first choice No9. Seems clinical whenever I've watched him and also has that aggression in him we've lacked for so long up top

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
He's a fighter, would've loved him if he wasn't 33. Feels like throwing away money. Rather see Martial at the 9, he did good under LvG. Just get this midfield situation sorted, please.