Mark Sampson to step down as England manager | FA Apologise to Eni Aluko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only

The whole affair is so murky. The FA manage to get this stuff wrong so, so often.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Give it to Rooney for the rest of the season

cyberman

He must be caught dead to rights after that show of solidarity the other night.
I hope those players are ashamed of themselves.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
The celebration of England's players with him against Russia was shameful, glad he's had to step down.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What happened with the first allegations? A quick google search suggests Eni Aluko was paid off to keep quiet?

haram

The players should not have celebrated like that last night, was awful.

rocks13

Absolute joke. Having to quit his job because a couple of women can't accept criticism and being left out of the team. No wonder England football teams are never successful.

rocks13

The celebration of England's players with him against Russia was shameful, glad he's had to step down.
Or maybe those players have no issue with Sampson and suspect that Aluko's, as yet unproven, allegations are bullshit.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Or maybe those players have no issue with Sampson and suspect that Aluko's, as yet unproven, allegations are bullshit.
Unless you have inside information that the rest of us are not privy to, why are you so adamant that the allegations are false?

The more mature thing would be to wait it out instead of calling allegations which have led to a resignation as merely BS.

cyberman

This is what happens when you white wash an investigation involving a player who is a qualified lawyer.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Absolute joke. Having to quit his job because a couple of women can't accept criticism and being left out of the team. No wonder England football teams are never successful.
You're having a laugh mate! This smacked of the Suarez solidarity movement by Liverpool! Can't accept criticism?? Feck me !

haram

I'm not really caught up on this case, why should they not have celebrated with him? Because it looks fake? Or What?
The situation is sensitive. There was no need to celebrate like that for the world to see. Celebrate after everything is cleared up.

Jacko21

He has acted so oddly during this whole saga.

Looked guilty as sin during the interview with Dan Roan - I couldn't comprehend why he was choosing to 'respect the allegations.' You've just been labelled a racist. Defend yourself. Be upset. Get angry. Deny the allegations. Don't respect them.

And it was beyond me why the players leapt (literally) to his defence last night.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
How do you know he is guilty?
I'm as confident as I can be. The whole investigation screams of a cover-up. If there was nothing to hide, they'd have investigated properly. Clearly, the FA was worried about something, and Sampson was not going to resign unless it was becoming clear his position was fecked i.e. there's actually going to be an investigation that investigates the allegations. There are plenty of issues with the investigations thus far e.g. FA claiming to not know the identity of a player as the excuse for not questioning her when it has now been proven they knew without any doubt who the player in question was, Sampson publicly contradicting himself over ever having discussed the Ebola virus in any context with Aluko, the FA refusing to provide Aluko with the tape of the meeting that allegedly does not corroborate her version of events. Why on earth would she accuse him of making a remark in a room full of witnesses and which was recorded if she knew it to be demonstrably untrue? Clearly, unless she's incredibly dumb, and she has got a fellow professional to confirm her fabricated version of events, then Sampson is guilty.

Jacko21

Not really read much about it but maybe because they support his version of event?
Which would raise more questions about why it is other players haven't come forward (or been asked to give evidence) to contradict Aluko or Spence' allegations.

The again, if they're being told to keep quiet, then the only way they can do their talking is on the pitch. But if it is confirmed that Sampson has indeed made racist remarks, then the players that were so publicly supporting him last night, are going to look pretty silly.

It's a sorry saga for all concerned.

rocks13

I'm as confident as I can be. The whole investigation screams of a cover-up. If there was nothing to hide, they'd have investigated properly. Clearly, the FA was worried about something, and Sampson was not going to resign unless it was becoming clear his position was fecked i.e. there's actually going to be an investigation that investigates the allegations. There are plenty of issues with the investigations thus far e.g. FA claiming to not know the identity of a player as the excuse for not questioning her when it has now been proven they knew without any doubt who the player in question was, Sampson publicly contradicting himself over ever having discussed the Ebola virus in any context with Aluko, the FA refusing to provide Aluko with the tape of the meeting that allegedly does not corroborate her version of events. Why on earth would she accuse him of making a remark in a room full of witnesses and which was recorded if she knew it to be demonstrably untrue? Clearly, unless she's incredibly dumb, and she has got a fellow professional to confirm her fabricated version of events, then Sampson is guilty.
Conviction by keyboard warrior - always the best kind of justice.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Conviction by keyboard warrior - always the best kind of justice.
Roughly translated as 'I'm going to blindly defend this person against racist allegations in spite of the overwhelming evidence against him'.

Classical Mechanic

I hear your points. It looks suspicious from what you say. Who were the other witnesses in the room?

rocks13

Roughly translated as 'I'm going to blindly defend this person against racist allegations in spite of the overwhelming evidence against him'.
Why do you think Aluko didn't make in racism allegations against Sampson in her initial compliant about him?

cyberman

@Brophs
I'm guessing she would be pretty sensitive as to how rigorous an investigation should be?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but until it's 100% confirmed what's going on here, then maybe some should wind their necks in given how confident they are sounding what's going on. If racism is afoot, then sure let's slander Sampson all the way out of football - but given it isn't confirmed yet, stop shitting on people who's partially defending him/the celebrations last night.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Give to Giggs till end of the season. On second thought perhaps not.

Status
Not open for further replies.