Martin Tyler’s heavy breathing

Kazi

Anyone going to have a word with him about this? It’s very distracting.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I wrote about this before, think it is Neville to be honest.

Bojan11

He is in his 70s, Sky shouldn’t be wheeling him out every few days especially in current circumstances.

Jack-C20

I thought it was Neville. At least when Tyler kept talking about Gary bring cold.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wasn't as obvious as other games.

Guy is 76 now so surely should be pensioned off by Sky end of season?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Or when he gets lost..................................................................in thought while making a point.

Northstand

Hilarious when he started listing Arsenal's chances, and even Nev had to pipe up "yeah, and United have just had the best chance of the match". Hadn't noticed his breathing, though :lol:

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Wasn't as obvious as other games.

Guy is 76 now so surely should be pensioned off by Sky end of season?
I only hear him occasionally on Champions League broadcasts but has he gone full late Motson, constantly stuttering and stumbling over his words, misidentifying players and randomly chuckling to himself every five minutes yet?

Oranges038

Still not sure whether it's him or Neville, noticed it last week and haven't been able unhear it, no matter what is going on in the game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I only hear him occasionally on Champions League broadcasts but has he gone full late Motson, constantly stuttering and stumbling over his words, misidentifying players and randomly chuckling to himself every five minutes yet?
He wasn't too bad tonight, heard many worse calls from him this season but certainly way past his best. He really does go off on tangents now when you need a short, shart fact in the commentary.

Him and Andy Gray were classic pairing. Mad it's ten years since Keys and Gray were sacked by Sky.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
To go full Motson, you've got to churn out 50 facts or stats a minute. Commentating on the game comes second to informing the audience the average length of each team's socks. Yes, socks.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
He wasn't too bad tonight, heard many worse calls from him this season but certainly way past his best. He really does go off on tangents now when you need a short, shart fact in the commentary.

Him and Andy Gray were classic pairing. Mad it's ten years since Keys and Gray were sacked by Sky.
I just looked it up and Tyler and Motson are actually the same age which is weird seeing as Motson’s senile phase started around the late ‘90s. Definitely puts into perspective how old Tyler is now. They really should have moved him on when transitioning away from the Gray and Keys era in retrospect.

Offsideagain

Tyler was a big mate of the late Bob Willis who was a City fan. He and Neville were freezing their gonads off so they may have been breathing on their hands or something. Didn’t notice it myself.

Buffalo Bills

I found the entire commentary dreadful from start to finish. Both commentators

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
More annoyed at him trying to create another Aguero soundbite so often, and will his own narratives.

"Could this be the moment Arsenal do the first double over United since xxx"

Shut up mate.

Acole9

Outstanding
Reminds me a bit of one of my mates who does that when he just finishes a sentence starts breathing heavy.

Chief123

I noticed this. In the second half. I watch it on the Premier League channel without the crowd noise. It was like he was on his last breath!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Could see him going on for another couple of decades and becoming the Attenborough of football commentary. If anything Sky will go bust before he does.

lsd

The Oracle
He is terrible to listen too the amount of tines he repeats the same pointless facts about players over and over every single game.

I didn't watch the whole game today but i can guess at some point he mentioned pizzagate or tunnel fights

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
One of my biggest gripes with TV football is that Tyler gets all the huge games while a top talent like Peter Drury is only allowed the occasional Champions League match. The enthusiasm has gone from Tyler's voice completely, I can't remember the last time he raised his voice. I think Martial vs Liverpool is the last time he seemed excited to be commentating. Last night he was talking about Cavani and David Luiz as rival South Americans and Neville had to remind him that they played together for years at PSG.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
One of my biggest gripes with TV football is that Tyler gets all the huge games while a top talent like Peter Drury is only allowed the occasional Champions League match.
Drury is dreadful and the main voice of the Premier League for international broadcasts.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't mind him, not as excited as he used to be but he is getting on a bit. The "And it's live" thing is cringe though.

Brophs

The One and Only
You try keeping your breathing even while masturbating within inches of Gary Neville.

Needham

His agent probably negotiated him an iron clad contract, Sky just waiting for him to say something unwoke and feck him off.