Marveld 2012

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
United play in this tournament again this season.

Match-schedule:
1/6 - 18.30 PSV - United
1/6 - 20.30 United - Liverpool
2/6 - 11.30 United - Marseille
2/6 - 14.30 FA Ghana - United
2/6 - 16.30 United - SV Grol

Anyone with info about the United team taking part in this years Marveld Cup.?
1-0 victory against PSV, Demetri Mitchell with the goal.
Then 0-0 against Liverpool.
Squad: Borthwick-Jackson, Byrne, Carroll, De Brito, Dearnley, Greenop, Henderson, Johnson, Makela, Mitchell, Rashford, Savill, Scott, Smith, Tuanzebe, Williams.

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Demetri Mitchell, Dean Henderson and Marcus Rashford played in the u18 Future Cup in Amsterdam, so I take it they're highly rated.

Mitchell's goal against Bayern in Amsterdam:

lysglimt

Scout
That Ghana team beat Grol 2-0, PSV 3-2 and Liverpool 3-0 so that should be a tough one. They need one more win from their last 2 to be winners of thag group

But Grol lost 0-7 to Marseille, 0-4 to PSV and 0-2 to Ghana so that should be a win.

So realistically we need to avoid defeat against Ghana - and beat Grol, and we should have a good chance of qualifying as number 2

Liverpool yet to score a goal after 3 matches - 2 goalless draws and 0-3 against Ghana.

Real Madrid with 1 win and 2 defeats from their first 2 matches in the other group.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
From the official site:

FA Ghana games not part of the official competition

02-06-2012

The tournament committee has decided that the results of the games of Ghana will not be part of the final ranking of 23rd International Marveld Tournament. Reason for this decision is that FA Ghana plays with a number of players older than the allowed age category. FA Ghana will continue playing in the tournament. All teams have been informed about this decision.

Management International Marveld Tournament

Apparently, their bench gave it away

jb8521

Faustin Makela must be very highly rated he was only born in 1999 as far as I know

lysglimt

Scout
well a win against Grol and United should be guaranteed a semifinal spot then

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Lost 2-0 against the pensioners but we should have few problems beating SV Grol who've lost all their games so far.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Just got a reply from @dilynux that Makela is looking really good, United winning 3-1 against Grol.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Defeated Feyenoord in semi finals. Makela has been great in every match according to a twitterer who has been watching the tourney.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Defeated Feyenoord in finals. Makela has been great in every match according to a twitterer who has been watching the tourney.
Semi. Finished 0-0, we won the shoot-out. Playing Leverkusen in the final later today.

Henderson's decisive save

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Lost 4-0 in the final. All in all our best Marveld tournament ever.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

1. Dean Henderson, 2. Bradley Carroll, 3. Adam Savill, 4. Axel Tuanzebe, 5. Charlie Scott, 6. Cameron Bonthwick-Jordan, 7. Zachary Dearnley, 8. Marcus Rashford, 9. Bruno de Brito, 10. Faustin Makela, 11. Demetrie Mitchell, 12. Sam Smith, 13. Oliver Byrne, 14. Travis Johnson, 15. Benjamin Greenop, 16. Ro-Shaun Williams.

Can anyone put some names to faces?

deltakaye

1. Dean Henderson, 2. Bradley Carroll, 3. Adam Savill, 4. Axel Tuanzebe, 5. Charlie Scott, 6. Cameron Bonthwick-Jordan, 7. Zachary Dearnley, 8. Marcus Rashford, 9. Bruno de Brito, 10. Faustin Makela, 11. Demetrie Mitchell, 12. Sam Smith, 13. Oliver Byrne, 14. Travis Johnson, 15. Benjamin Greenop, 16. Ro-Shaun Williams.

Can anyone put some names to faces?
Shouldn't that be Borthwick-Jackson, not Bonthwick-Jordan? I think the Marveld site got it wrong.

Posters at ManUtdTalk [ http://www.manutdtalk.com/index.php?threads/marveld-tournament-2012.42095/page-2 ] say that:

Borthwick-Jackson is back row, third from left.
Marcus Rashford is front row, second from left.
Demetre Mitchell is front row, fourth from right.