Mason Greenwood: can you put a value on him?

simplyared

I saw 45 mill on a well known website. Must be a wind-up. Can you put a figure on him? I'd say treble that but looking at his talent and where he can go from here, that wouldn't be enough.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Put it this way, I'd turn down a £150m offer right now. He's not 'worth' that much, obviously, but United aren't a selling club and he's our most talented prospect in many years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You can’t really. Player value doesn’t really exist in a vacuum, it’s as dependant on external factors like contract length, selling club, buying club and players own wishes as it is the quality of the player.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If we'll get Sancho, Mason will probably be the only one from current squad who can become the bigger legend.

Other clubs love to underrate the price of our players and overrate theirs, we should do the same... oh and no covid price cut.

b82REZ

His current ability isn't too far from Mbappe at a similar age. Considering the latters fee I think a minimum of 150m.

We'd never consider selling him though and if he continues to improve like we hope he can the sky's the limit for the kid.

el3mel

He's priceless for us. I mean we won't sell even if for 150m.

SAFMUTD

If he was in another club I would agree us paying 100M for him, I wouldnt sell him for that fee though.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
If I were another teams director of football, I would assume that United wouldn't sell for any remotely reasonable price. But for the sake of the argument, let us assume Greenwood is in Sancho's situation: there is a reasonable price to be agreed and he is at a decent club so won't kick up a fuss to leave, but he wants the move to go through.
I would expect the sale to come in at somewhere around 70 million pounds.

If that team is crazy about him and his potential he could obviously go for tons more, but a reasonable fee would not be in the 100+ million mark due to not having shown it over a couple of seasons or in the Champions League.

I think circumstance and hype is the reason for the price of Felix. I think Sancho is priced due to being good for goals and assists while having shown it a few seasons. Mbappe is just a rediculus talent.

Irrational.

He's a probably a tier below a Sancho level talent, but with potential to reach that stage. I'd expect him to fetch £70-80 million+ in his current form.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You can’t really say he’s worth X amount because we’d never sell him for anything anyone would be willing to pay.

marktan

I mean if someone offered £100m and we could use that to buy Sancho, I'd take that trade. Sancho technically is on another level.

I wouldn't sell him elsewise as he has a lot of potential, but I'd say a value around 50m is about correct because whilst he does have potential he is still pretty raw as a wide forward. There's a pretty big gap between him and someone actually worth 100m+ like Salah or Mane.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anything from 90m to 130m is totally realistic.

First season stats are very comparable to the likes of Ousmane Dembele and Joao Felix before they moved for the fees they did.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Put it this way, I'd turn down a £150m offer right now. He's not 'worth' that much, obviously, but United aren't a selling club and he's our most talented prospect in many years.
This.

Wouldn't sell him for anything. It's just different when you develop such a talent.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I mean if someone offered £100m and we could use that to buy Sancho, I'd take that trade. Sancho technically is on another level.

I wouldn't sell him elsewise as he has a lot of potential, but I'd say a value around 50m is about correct because whilst he does have potential he is still pretty raw as a wide forward. There's a pretty big gap between him and someone actually worth 100m+ like Salah or Mane.
Exactly. No club wants to pay £100m for just ’potential’. You want an established worldbeater for that price.

We’ve seen some transfers over 100m that in the end was worth maybe half of that. (Dembele/Felix)

Greenwood value right now is about £60m.
But It can be double that very soon if he continue to develop.

Strelok

You plan to sell our potential all time greatest scorer for £100 m ? Us ? We paid £50m for Fred. And £80m for Maguire. No offense for both though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The problem is that he doesn't have a fee because we don't know what we have in him and we want to know first. It's a bit like trying to estimate the value of a field that you intend to prospect in order to find out whether there is oil/gas in it and how exploitable it is. Greenwood could be worth nothing or worth everything, we will know in the next 2 to 3 years but today he is literally priceless.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If Sancho, who has 2 excellent seasons behind him, is 120mil than Greenwood would be around 80.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Whenever I have seen him I have been very impressed by his finishing. I am not sure how good he is 1v1 and technically.

I think he could become one of the best forwards in Europe if he continue his progress. 18 goals in first season as 18 years old is very impressive.

Value is somewhere around 50 million pounds.

jesperjaap

He is priceless to us but come on, nobody would pay £150m for him at the moment lets be realistic. Yes I think he can and possibly quite quickly become a £150m player, but his value at the moment would probably be around 1/3 of that or £60-65m tops, not that it would ever be entertained of coruse

King Eric 7

I would guess some other clubs may value him at around £70 - 80m. If we were Dortmund, we'd definitely consider a bid in that region. But we're not, so it's all moot.

Snuffkin

Playing him out wide is like using your Bentley for banger racing.

Drainy

You don't sell a world class talent who has been with you from being a small child for any amount of money.

It's about more than money.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Whenever I have seen him I have been very impressed by his finishing. I am not sure how good he is 1v1 and technically.

I think he could become one of the best forwards in Europe if he continue his progress. 18 goals in first season as 18 years old is very impressive.

Value is somewhere around 50 million pounds.
United would laugh at anyone who bid that for him though.

Revan

Assumptionman
Sell him and I am done with United.

Honestly, at the moment he is priceless. He can flor or can win the Ballon D’Or. He has the potential to become one of the best in the world, and I would prefer seeing how that works us with us rather than getting 50, 100 or even 150m. I rate him as much as Sancho and think that he is the best finisher (at his age) I have ever seen.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He is an amazing talent but I think many are in danger of expecting too much from him.

This year in the league he scored 10 goals on an XG of 3.4, so his goal output was about 300% of his XG. Messi has probably been the best finisher on the planet for the last 10 years and over that time he has had a goal output of roughly 120-130% of his XG. In sum, Greenwood looks to me like he may have truly elite finishing skills, but he has also clearly been riding the very very high side of variance in a small sample. Something to remember when he inevitably goes an extended stretch without scoring much next season.

0le

As of this moment I reckon you could get about £50m to £60m for him because someone will pay that based on what he has done already and his potential. I don't think he would go for higher because whilst extremely talented, he still has a lot to prove in the game.